12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
PoisedBoldChafer-size_restricted.gif

RIP

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Well, I don't know how many posts I read in the last month *****ing about Gordok not playing Morin over Hagg, because even though Morin was coming off major knee surgery and had barely played in the last two seasons, he still "had to be better than Hagg," who "gets caved in possession."

After 2 periods, 5 on 5:

Morin: 10:43 TOI; 25.00 CF%; 1 SCF, 11 SCA

Hagg: 10:36; 46.43 CF%; 7 SCF, 8 SCA

Well, one of the two is certainly getting caved in possession. Sometimes things aren't so automatic as they seem.
Honestly, the crazy thing about that is you have someone 1 game removed from 2 years of basically no playing time due to injuries play a full game.

Even crazier is that Morin player almost every shift with the Varone and Laughton Line. Hagg has highest TOI with T6 forwards.

Going into a game like this to assume Morin would be complete and mistake free is nonsense. We saw it all game. He still needs to get comfortable. He’s not even playing that physically right now.

This is a really weird and ill-advises attempt to dismiss a player 30 some f***ing minutes back playing. Also, the Hagg stats are bad for getting a bunch of time with the T6/1st line.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I am glad we lost and looked bad. If we won and looked great, some idiots would be saying "see, we don't need Ghost"
Those idiots are still going to be saying that.

If there’s one thing for certain, it’s that what happens on the ice has zero to do with their opinion of Ghost.

Reactions: BiggE

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Most certainly the entire coaching staff has to go. Hearing Fletcher go on about Gordon being a "serious candidate" for the job is both nauseating and terrifying.
There are too many prolific coaches available. With guys like Q and McLellan on the market there's no chance Gordon is a serious candidate, unless none of them wants to come to Philly.

Reactions: Felipe88

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
There are too many prolific coaches available. With guys like Q and McLellan on the market there's no chance Gordon is a serious candidate, unless none of them wants to come to Philly.
I think if they just open the purse and offer Quenneville $8 million/year x 5 years, to be the highest paid coach in history, he'll take it.

Barry Trotz to take over as coach of the Islanders
Mike Babcock (Toronto Maple Leafs) makes $6.25 million per season as the league's highest-paid coach; Joel Quenneville (Chicago Blackhawks) makes $6 million and Claude Julien (Montreal Canadiens) makes $5 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad