GDT: #78: FLYERS at Hurricanes, Saturday, Mar. 30, 2019, 1:30 p.m. ET

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I think Voracek is more talented than Marchand. Yet Marchand is the better player.

He was just an example. There are probably numerous players that shouldn't be better than Voracek.

Voracek doesn't have near Marchand's talent, and that's fine. Not many players do.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Only if you want to appreciate TK's effort. Other than that it's 60 minutes of shuffleboard.
And Big Sam played a pretty good game. Rust is coming off. Moved the puck crisply.

We’ll see if Provy can go tomorrow, bent his ankle/knee back on Williams’ slewfoot check.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I'm glad Morin played. I agree these last 5 games (including this one) are the perfect time to give guys a look and try different things. I couldn't care less if they bench Hagg or if he ever plays another game for the Flyers. I've said that for 2 years. But you had people clamoring for Morin the second he got called up to play over Hagg in what were absolutely must-win games, saying it's a foregone conclusion that Morin would be an improvement over Hagg's "caved possession" even though Morin was coming off major surgery and basically 2 missed seasons, and I just don't think anyone should blame the coach for not playing Morin until the playoffs were basically a mathematical impossibility.
I believe at this point this organization is incapable of trying different things or thinking outside of the box, especially with the coaching staff we have.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think people really overreact, Carolina was at home in a must win game, Flyers are playing out the string, guess which team outskated the other?

And Flyers weren't going anywhere with Myers and Morin, play too many young players together and you learn to grit your teeth.

Myers Corsi 33.3%, SCF/CA 3/13, HDCF/CA 1/6
Morin Corsi 25.0%, SCF/CA 1/12, HDCF/CA 0/5
Provorov Corsi 25.7%, SCF/CA 3/12, HDCF/CA 2/6
Hagg Corsi 50.0%, SCF/CA 9/12, HDCF/CA 4/4

Everyone out there got outskated other than Sanheim, JVR, Varone and Knight.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I believe at this point this organization is incapable of trying different things or thinking outside of the box, especially with the coaching staff we have.
Well, they canned Hextall, & Fletcher has only been here since December. He pretty quickly then fired the coach & brought up a 20 y/o goalie.

If Hextall we’re still here I’d agree with your concern, but I say give the new GM the offseason before making that judgment.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
People putting too much stress on a short sample.
Myers and Morin got schooled, big deal, that's what happens to rookies.
They still don't have bottom six depth and the top two lines haven't really been settled.
Provorov is back in a funk, while Sanheim is playing well on the right side, they don't seem to have good chemistry.

Funny thing is Hagg - Gudas have played their best few games together lately, maybe they figured out they'd better get the puck to a forward ASAP?

This team wasn't as bad as it looked starting the season, when everything went wrong, nor as good as the winning streak when everything went right, nor as bad as they've looked recently.

The talent is arriving, Hart, Myers, Morin this year, Sanheim, Lindblom, Patrick 2nd year, TK, Provorov 3rd year, Laughton, Hartman 24 years old. At some point they'll hit critical mass.

Oh yeah, they actually have a goalie.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I wont have a chance to go through this thread for a while. Was there any explanation to why Ghost was healthy scratched?
JJ said it was part of a rotation they're planning for the rest of the season. It seems like for the rest of the season each game a different defenseman will be scratched.
At least that's how I understood it.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wont have a chance to go through this thread for a while. Was there any explanation to why Ghost was healthy scratched?
According to Gordon, it wasn't performance based. It was because he wanted Morin to play more in these finals games and he will be rotating other out the defensemen to make room for him, instead of dressing 7 D. Apparently Ghost was just the first to take a turn in the pressbox.

We'll see.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
According to Gordon, it wasn't performance based. It was because he wanted Morin to play more in these finals games and he will be rotating other out the defensemen to make room for him, instead of dressing 7 D. Apparently Ghost was just the first to take a turn in the pressbox.

We'll see.

I'll believe it when Hogg actually sits.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007

We'll see.
Alphabetical order? Gudas sits today. Brilliant coaching.
I thought Morin and Myers started off skittish but worked their way through it.
Morin seemed to get more composed and had better outlet passes as the game went on.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
How did Morin look?
From my eye - ups and downs. Showed decent speed decent first pass (most of the time). Got in trouble a few times. Skating looks good.

It’s the timing that’s the biggest issue right now.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
With Morin, he actually looks to be holding back physically. And that likely is to conserve energy. He was never going to step right in and have no issues.

Wish our PK hadn't allowed 2 quick goals to see what Morin was like on it. He should get a look today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->