GDT: #78: FLYERS at Hurricanes, Saturday, Mar. 30, 2019, 1:30 p.m. ET

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
With Morin, he actually looks to be holding back physically. And that likely is to conserve energy. He was never going to step right in and have no issues.

Wish our PK hadn't allowed 2 quick goals to see what Morin was like on it. He should get a look today.

Passes were good as was his patience with the puck (didn't panic under pressure) it has been nice seeing some physicality from our defense. He has looked a little lost in terms of where he should be (that's natural playing with new partners & with his time off). He does look a little hesitant physically but that will come eventually once he feels the coaching staff has confidence in him to play his game. He looks like a rookie out there but these 5 games are critical for his development. I just pray we don't trade him. Let him be our 6/7th next season and see how he progresses is my hope

Reactions: Tripod

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Passes were good as was his patience with the puck (didn't panic under pressure) it has been nice seeing some physicality from our defense. He has looked a little lost in terms of where he should be (that's natural playing with new partners & with his time off). He does look a little hesitant physically but that will come eventually once he feels the coaching staff has confidence in him to play his game. He looks like a rookie out there but these 5 games are critical for his development. I just pray we don't trade him. Let him be our 6/7th next season and see how he progresses is my hope

He also looked tired especially in the 2nd period with the long changes.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I was forced to download the Canes broadcast to watch this game. They have taken obnoxious to an unprecedented level. Anyone who is critical of the Flyers Broadcast team is flagrantly ignorant. These canes assholes are possibly the worst humans alive at this moment. Everything the team does wrong is explained away by something AWESOME that was done right before it, and something AWESOME that was done immediately after it. They are obviously feeding off of their happy fanbase, who are currently exhibiting the ****iest (that was a c word) attributes of this species.

I am sincerely rooting for the Carolina Hurricanes to never win another hockey game for all the rest of history. Rod the Bod is just going to have to go kick some rocks.

To anyone who so blithely remarks about how they hate our broadcasters so much that they'd rather listen to anyone else, I will look up your address on intelius. And then I am going to find you and your family. I am going to find a good rate online and book a flight to your town. And when I get to your house, I am going to make really, really intimidating faces at your pets when you let them out into the yard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad