Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] D Adam Engstrom signs ELC with the Canadiens (3 years, $896.667k AAV)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nice. He's a solid prospect. I really like our potential future with some combination of:

Huston - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux
Engstrom - Xhekaj
Harris, Struble, Barron

Accurate to what I believe as well. Only change I would make is Mailloux with Xhekaj and Enstrom with Guhle.

Don't care about the 1st, 2nd, 3rd pairing narrative. We roll them out 5/5 and they get more ice time from the PP or PK.. depending on the player.

It's also possible Hutson becomes 3rd pairing at 5/5 but on both PP units. Offensive skill/vision is off the charts but at 5/5 he can be and will be a target by other teams coaches in our own zone. Especially on road games where we don't get last change.

Not 100% sure who Engstrom fits well with yet.

Reactions: CanadienShark

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
A guy many are overlooking due to how deep the habs D pool is.

Even If Habs bat 1/3 from our D pool, we will have one of the best D core in the NHL very soon.
So much can happen and there are other teams with great young cores.
Having a guy like Makar who plays half the game really has a bigger impact then a larger group of capable players. Teams like Buffalo, Anaheim, Detroit are also looking good on defense for the future.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Love this signing. Another piece of the puzzle for what looks like a really nice D group going forward

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So much can happen and there are other teams with great young cores.
Having a guy like Makar who plays half the game really has a bigger impact then a larger group of capable players. Teams like Buffalo, Anaheim, Detroit are also looking good on defense for the future.

I said one of the best D core. Not the best undisputed.

Reactions: jfhabs

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I recall reading that he would be heading back to Sweden if he didn’t make the Habs - so no Laval next season.
You're mixing him and Kapanen, Engstrom is definitely staying in NA next year.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
His numbers look better than Norlinders at 20. Norlinder was getting a lot of praise on here back in the day
Exactly! We should all pump the brakes on the hype until we see exactly what the Habs are getting. I remember the hype that Norlinder was generating here prior to and up to his signing.

He has amounted to a big fat 0, and will likely quietly go back to Sweden in the off season.

MajorWeber

Jun 22, 2017
Montreal, Qc
All these D-Men mentioned but not a peep about Konyushkov? He looks terrific.
I think the hype around Konyushkov will start this year as I believe he's under his last year or two of contract in Russia. If he can come over after the KHL season or next, hype will start. SKA tried to trade for him and the declined the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad