OT: 70th Obsequious Banter Thread: Hart asked the number to change to 79; we said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ok, how is this staged? It can't be real.

They go find women in poorer nations they want to put on tv and duct tape them to American schlubs? Is that the angle?

Its actually usually mostly american women who get suckered in to marrying foreign men.

They have a new one called 90 days... the other way - where instead of trying to get the person into america, they move to whatever 3rd world country they found them in. Some of the couples are 1000% staged - the chick from coloombia and the guy from oklahoma, for example - but others seem fairly normal. The chick from Atlanta is actually pretty damn hot, but shes just insanely crazy.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I actually highly recommend it. It's a sight to behold. I wouldn't steer you wrong, Bud.

I think it actually may be real for the most part. These people are TRAINWRECKS. I think some of them have just reached their breaking points. They've also gone the other way recently where people from the US are finding people in other countries and wanting to move there like Ecuador, Brazil, Nigeria, Tunisia, etc.

I watch it when my wife watches it and crack up the entire time so I actually haven't seen entire seasons at a time or anything so I don't know how they end up. I also haven't bothered to research where they are now.

Have you ever watched the season-end episodes, where they get all the couples in one room? That is TV GOLD right there. Absolutely must-watch TV.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
That show is the worst, and is the source of everything I say to Jojo in the Menu thread.

When you finally make it out here, I'll make you a breakfast sandwich with Michael Voltaggio's method for scrambled eggs. Maybe even the egg yolk gnocchi thing. You will start to appreciate it. We have to eat. It might as well be good.

Have you ever watched the season-end episodes, where they get all the couples in one room? That is TV GOLD right there. Absolutely must-watch TV.

Oh dear god. I'm surrounded.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
When you finally make it out here, I'll make you a breakfast sandwich with Michael Voltaggio's method for scrambled eggs. Maybe even the egg yolk gnocchi thing. You will start to appreciate it. We have to eat. It might as well be good.

82a.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yeah, not really sure why I asked that question when I knew the answer already.:laugh:

You should see how worked up I get over music. I mean, I'm not even a music guy - I'm a books and film and cartoons and TV guy - but my God, I used to get SO angry at songs. That's why you'll see me bring up Bon Jovi out of nowhere and be like "What is he even talking about?" I mean, I hate that ****ing turd and his turd guitarist and that Nino Neidereiter piece of **** who plays the drums or keyboards or something, and it's just because they make terrible songs, but I take it really personally. Thank **** I have calmed down some about it. Back when I had friends, they used to play the Grateful Dead or Steve Winwood on the jukebox just to wind me up. It was pretty embarrassing, but I was drunk for most of it.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Im standing by this one. This show is entertaining as hell. It's good enough that you dont even need to watch the whole thing. I couldnt tell you a whole lot aboutthe new season, but the previous ones were absolutely phenomenal.

One of them even got their own spinoff - the family chantell - i havent watched it yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad