OT: 70th Obsequious Banter Thread: Hart asked the number to change to 79; we said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
darn, that's a bummer. Was looking forward to it. One of the best series of all time ;'(
I mean it wasn't poorly done or anything. It was a pretty typical Breaking Bad production so it's worth the watch.

Just to me Breaking Bad is the story of Walter White above all else. Without Walter it's just kind of meh.

The biggest issue I had though was that Breaking Bad probably had the single greatest ending of a series out there. I can't think of a better one for these big time series'. So it was just unneeded. I didn't need to see what happened to Jessie after.

Essentially it was just fan service and a way to get a little more cash flow out of the show.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Theres a thread dedicated to the movie, and the movie has not hit Netflix yet. So yes, please don’t spoil the movie.

I'm not going to spoil it or anything but damn that's asking a lot, IMO.

Six months from hitting the masses and people still can't talk about it openly (even if we a thread dedicated to the Marvel Universe)?

On that subject, where does someone draw the line on where you can openly start talking about shows/movies/etc freely with regards to spoilers whether it be online or in person?

It used to be so much simpler with regards to the topic because everyone had one shot to watch TV shows and the next day at work everyone would talk about it. Now? People might not watch it for weeks as it sits on their DVR's.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I'm not going to spoil it or anything but damn that's asking a lot, IMO.

Six months from hitting the masses and people still can't talk about it openly (even if we a thread dedicated to the Marvel Universe)?

On that subject, where does someone draw the line on where you can openly start talking about shows/movies/etc freely with regards to spoilers whether it be online or in person?

It used to be so much simpler with regards to the topic because everyone had one shot to watch TV shows and the next day at work everyone would talk about it. Now? People might not watch it for weeks as it sits on their DVR's.

It really is tricky. I have no intention of ruining an experience for someone else, but in public discussions, it's impossible to know where the line exists. Hell, most readers don't even post to the forums they read, so we'll probably never have an appropriate view of scope. With that being said...

I try to put Spoiler tags around everything remotely questionable because it's a hell of a lot easier than remembering what each individual person's opinion is on the matter.

Quite frankly, I don't care. You can't expect the world to adjust to you. With that being said, I am sensitive to the idea of there being a specific thread for this narrow case. I understand the position of expecting it to be contained therein even if I don't agree this far out.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Not 100% sure but it’s gotta be close enough but Russians have to be some of the craziest people to ever walk this earth.

I mean, that bear would absolutely wreck that dude if it wanted to. Its pretty clear it was just kind of playing around with slow movement, no clawing/mauling action, or anything.

But yeah - I dont even like doing that with a dog, and most dogs i can probably pick up and rage throw if shit hits the fan. Theres no chance I'm doing that with a bear.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I mean, that bear would absolutely wreck that dude if it wanted to. Its pretty clear it was just kind of playing around with slow movement, no clawing/mauling action, or anything.

But yeah - I dont even like doing that with a dog, and most dogs i can probably pick up and rage throw if **** hits the fan. Theres no chance I'm doing that with a bear.

Well yeah I wasn’t under the impression of anything else. It’s still crazy to wrestle with a good sized bear even if the thing is trained/domesticated.

That part of the world’s obsession with domesticating bears is just odd/amusing.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
wait a second here, i thought @Captain Dave Poulin only watches daytime talk shows and soap operas? i'm confused. :huh:

I only watched "Days of Our Lives" from about 1984 until around 1993. Fun fact though: it was basically responsible for me losing my college scholarship. I scheduled my classes so that I had a break in the middle of the day when it was on, which meant a lot of early classes, and I didn't wake up for or in any way attend most of my early classes. In my defense, it was the storyline where Shane and Kayla and Patch were in Stockholm, and it turned out to be a precursor to my own stay there.

I think you are thinking of reality shows, and I only watch around 15 of those.

Reactions: bauer

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Well yeah I wasn’t under the impression of anything else. It’s still crazy to wrestle with a good sized bear even if the thing is trained/domesticated.

That part of the world’s obsession with domesticating bears is just odd/amusing.

That's the vodka doing that, bud. Trust me. During my vodka binge, I wouldn't have wrestled a bear, but I would have for sure tried to hug the living **** out of one.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Oh, definitely. I dont even get the people that approach kangaroos and stuff. You ever see one of those things drop-kick people? F that. Even with like fully domesticated dogs and cats, im still super cautious. Animals are animals, and they have instincts and no concept of social contracts. Just like that idiot that used to put his head in a tigers mouth - proceed at your own risk.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I had to laugh when, during Breaking Bad, Jesse got lit and said 'He can't keep getting away with it!' That's exactly how I felt.

I enjoyed the show, but it started to become really obnoxious for him to keep surviving.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
List please.

Bachelor
Bachelorette
Bachelor in Paradise
Big Brother
Big Brother After Dark
Celebrity Big Brother
Big Brother Canada
Big Brother UK
I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here
The Great British Baking Show
Grand Designs
Survivor
The Voice
American Idol
Temptation Island
The Amazing Race
Shark Tank
Maine Cabin Masters
Building Off the Grid
Fixer Upper
Duck Dynasty
The Chrisleys
Growing Up Chrisley
Project Runway
Project Runway All-Stars
Making It
Hell's Kitchen
24 Hours to Hell and Back
Master Chef
Master Chef Junior
Top Chef
Talking Dead
House Hunters
House Hunters International

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Bachelor
Bachelorette
Bachelor in Paradise
Big Brother
Big Brother After Dark
Celebrity Big Brother
Big Brother Canada
Big Brother UK
Grand Designs
Survivor
The Voice
American Idol
Temptation Island
The Amazing Race
Shark Tank
Maine Cabin Masters
Building Off the Grid
Fixer Upper
Duck Dynasty
The Chrisleys
Growing Up Chrisley
Project Runway
Project Runway All-Stars
Making It
Hell's Kitchen
Master Chef
Master Chef Junior
Top Chef
Talking Dead
House Hunters

Counting to 15...

giphy.webp

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Bachelor
Bachelorette
Bachelor in Paradise
Big Brother
Big Brother After Dark
Celebrity Big Brother
Big Brother Canada
Big Brother UK
Grand Designs
Survivor
The Voice
American Idol
Temptation Island
The Amazing Race
Shark Tank
Maine Cabin Masters
Building Off the Grid
Fixer Upper
Duck Dynasty
The Chrisleys
Growing Up Chrisley
Project Runway
Project Runway All-Stars
Making It
Hell's Kitchen
Master Chef
Master Chef Junior
Top Chef
Talking Dead
House Hunters

1. I brought this on myself, so I cannot complain.
  2. I made the face you think I make when someone serves bourbon in the wrong glass. Several times.
  3. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad