OT: 70th Obsequious Banter Thread: Hart asked the number to change to 79; we said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
El Camino was very well done, the dialogue was excellent, with the enjoyable Gilligan wry/dark humor. A couple pretty suspenseful scenes.

However, the plot wasn’t great & the ending was meh.

The first half is better than the second half, which I find is true in many movies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
  1. I brought this on myself, so I cannot complain.
  2. I made the face you think I make when someone serves bourbon in the wrong glass. Several times.
  3. Thank you.

It's mostly just because I can't stand not knowing what is happening, and I already have no idea what is happening in music at all, except that Whizz Khalifa is Lionel Richie's son. I just want to know what people are talking about when they refer to something, even though generally speaking I never talk to anyone in case they have some dastardly plan to grab beers and hang out.

Also, during almost every single one of those things, I am either reading, cringeing, or flipping off the TV - it's not like I want to be this way, where I have to watch everything. I won't watch MTV though, so I did draw the line somewhere. Except for the Shannara series, which the idiots cancelled without asking me. Had they asked, I would have told them that it was very terrible, but that I wasn't done with it yet.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@Captain Dave Poulin, you should 100% check out 90 Day Fiance and all of the other iterations.

My wife watches it and it makes me feel so good about myself because these people are f***ing MORON's.

From Wikipedia: "Long-distance relationships have challenges that are sometimes difficult to overcome but consider if the distance traveled was halfway around the world and a couple had just 90 days to decide whether the courtship should conclude with marriage."

It's cringeworthy watching some of these people.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin, you should 100% check out 90 Day Fiance and all of the other iterations.

My wife watches it and it makes me feel so good about myself because these people are ****ing MORON's.

From Wikipedia: "Long-distance relationships have challenges that are sometimes difficult to overcome but consider if the distance traveled was halfway around the world and a couple had just 90 days to decide whether the courtship should conclude with marriage."

I was very, VERY tempted to start watching that, but if I never start, I won't have to worry about never stopping. I've got about six Gordon Ramsay series on there, and I hate that mother****er with every fiber of my being.

Reactions: Starat327

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

My wife watches it and it makes me feel so good about myself because these people are ****ing MORON's.

Ok, how is this staged? It can't be real.

They go find women in poorer nations they want to put on tv and duct tape them to American schlubs? Is that the angle?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I was very, VERY tempted to start watching that, but if I never start, I won't have to worry about never stopping. I've got about six Gordon Ramsay series on there, and I hate that mother****er with every fiber of my being.

I actually highly recommend it. It's a sight to behold. I wouldn't steer you wrong, Bud.

Ok, how is this staged? It can't be real. They go find women in poorer nations they want to put on tv and duct tape them to schlubs?

I think it actually may be real for the most part. These people are TRAINWRECKS. I think some of them have just reached their breaking points. They've also gone the other way recently where people from the US are finding people in other countries and wanting to move there like Ecuador, Brazil, Nigeria, Tunisia, etc.

I watch it when my wife watches it and crack up the entire time so I actually haven't seen entire seasons at a time or anything so I don't know how they end up. I also haven't bothered to research where they are now.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Bachelor
Bachelorette
Bachelor in Paradise
Big Brother
Big Brother After Dark
Celebrity Big Brother
Big Brother Canada
Big Brother UK
I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here
The Great British Baking Show
Grand Designs
Survivor
The Voice
American Idol
Temptation Island
The Amazing Race
Shark Tank
Maine Cabin Masters
Building Off the Grid
Fixer Upper
Duck Dynasty
The Chrisleys
Growing Up Chrisley
Project Runway
Project Runway All-Stars
Making It
Hell's Kitchen
24 Hours to Hell and Back
Master Chef
Master Chef Junior
Top Chef
Talking Dead
House Hunters
House Hunters International
Cap, have you ever heard of 'For the Love of Ray J'. Let me introduce you.
The whole 1st season is on YT. :laugh::laugh::laugh::help:.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad