OT: 70th Obsequious Banter Thread: Hart asked the number to change to 79; we said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
dave scott has some in his pantry. you know what you must do .

giphy.gif

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
@Captain Dave Poulin, you should 100% check out 90 Day Fiance and all of the other iterations.

My wife watches it and it makes me feel so good about myself because these people are ****ing MORON's.

From Wikipedia: "Long-distance relationships have challenges that are sometimes difficult to overcome but consider if the distance traveled was halfway around the world and a couple had just 90 days to decide whether the courtship should conclude with marriage."

It's cringeworthy watching some of these people.

I can't wait until I move into my house and can watch all this garbage tv without anyone judging me or telling me to turn it off.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Damnit, I couldn't remember which one it was. I suck.

It's all right, I puke out enough words on here that anything could get lost in the deluge. But you know how people pretty much rave about every culture's cuisine and find something good to say about it, and usually for very good reason? Filipino food is so bad. I had to go to Laos twice to get my visa stamped and I went with a group organized by Filipinos. They brought a Filipino cook with them, or rather one of the drivers did the cooking. It was regular thin noodles with some regular stuff in it, i.e. some grayish chicken, but it was so tasteless and just nasty. There were a couple of other dishes that I didn't bother trying.

Extrapolating from this experience that Filipino food is gross is a dangerous thing to do, but I can tell you that they also eat this kind of undeveloped bird fetus thing - there's one called balut, but I have seen other, more disgusting examples - and treat it as a delicacy. Why would you bother, when you could just get Thai food? Adventurous eating is moronic. So what, you ask me, if you are stuck in the Phillipines and have no choice? Leave. Immediately. The place is completely overrun by snakes. Also, there's too much mud.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's all right, I puke out enough words on here that anything could get lost in the deluge. But you know how people pretty much rave about every culture's cuisine and find something good to say about it, and usually for very good reason? Filipino food is so bad. I had to go to Laos twice to get my visa stamped and I went with a group organized by Filipinos. They brought a Filipino cook with them, or rather one of the drivers did the cooking. It was regular thin noodles with some regular stuff in it, i.e. some grayish chicken, but it was so tasteless and just nasty. There were a couple of other dishes that I didn't bother trying.

Extrapolating from this experience that Filipino food is gross is a dangerous thing to do, but I can tell you that they also eat this kind of undeveloped bird fetus thing - there's one called balut, but I have seen other, more disgusting examples - and treat it as a delicacy. Why would you bother, when you could just get Thai food? Adventurous eating is moronic. So what, you ask me, if you are stuck in the Phillipines and have no choice? Leave. Immediately. The place is completely overrun by snakes. Also, there's too much mud.

I'm sold. The esting baby birds thing is another good reason not to go. I feel like I had heard about that somewhere else, too. Crazy people, just let the chicken lay the eggs.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad