OT: 70th Obsequious Banter Thread: Hart asked the number to change to 79; we said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I'm not going to spoil it or anything but damn that's asking a lot, IMO.

Six months from hitting the masses and people still can't talk about it openly (even if we a thread dedicated to the Marvel Universe)?

On that subject, where does someone draw the line on where you can openly start talking about shows/movies/etc freely with regards to spoilers whether it be online or in person?

It used to be so much simpler with regards to the topic because everyone had one shot to watch TV shows and the next day at work everyone would talk about it. Now? People might not watch it for weeks as it sits on their DVR's.
I wouldn’t have said anything if there weren’t a dedicated thread, but I would wager a week after the dvd release would be a fair amount of time to talk about it without spoiler tags or outside of the dedicated thread.
I mean dedicated threads are sacred. We wouldn’t talk about food inside of the roster thread, would we?????

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Well yeah I wasn’t under the impression of anything else. It’s still crazy to wrestle with a good sized bear even if the thing is trained/domesticated.

That part of the world’s obsession with domesticating bears is just odd/amusing.
To be fair, dogs used to be wolves until some drunk dude said, “Hold my mead”.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Bachelor
Bachelorette
Bachelor in Paradise
Big Brother
Big Brother After Dark
Celebrity Big Brother
Big Brother Canada
Big Brother UK
I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here
The Great British Baking Show
Grand Designs
Survivor
The Voice
American Idol
Temptation Island
The Amazing Race
Shark Tank
Maine Cabin Masters
Building Off the Grid
Fixer Upper
Duck Dynasty
The Chrisleys
Growing Up Chrisley
Project Runway
Project Runway All-Stars
Making It
Hell's Kitchen
24 Hours to Hell and Back
Master Chef
Master Chef Junior
Top Chef
Talking Dead
House Hunters
House Hunters International
Where do you find time for the flyers?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
To be fair, dogs used to be wolves until some drunk dude said, “Hold my mead”.

The funny thing is I came across a video on YouTube it was at this like road way over in Russia or one of those countries surrounded by the wilderness. A police officer had a car pulled over writing a ticket & at one point gets startled & jumps into the person’s back seat. You then a pack of wolves come running through. :laugh:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I wouldn’t have said anything if there weren’t a dedicated thread, but I would wager a week after the dvd release would be a fair amount of time to talk about it without spoiler tags or outside of the dedicated thread.
I mean dedicated threads are sacred. We wouldn’t talk about food inside of the roster thread, would we?????

I meannnnnn.........

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Bachelor
Bachelorette
Bachelor in Paradise
Big Brother
Big Brother After Dark
Celebrity Big Brother
Big Brother Canada
Big Brother UK
I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here
The Great British Baking Show
Grand Designs
Survivor
The Voice
American Idol
Temptation Island
The Amazing Race
Shark Tank
Maine Cabin Masters
Building Off the Grid
Fixer Upper
Duck Dynasty
The Chrisleys
Growing Up Chrisley
Project Runway
Project Runway All-Stars
Making It
Hell's Kitchen
24 Hours to Hell and Back
Master Chef
Master Chef Junior
Top Chef
Talking Dead
House Hunters
House Hunters International
This is bothering me a lot.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The funny thing is I came across a video on YouTube it was at this like road way over in Russia or one of those countries surrounded by the wilderness. A police officer had a car pulled over writing a ticket & at one point gets startled & jumps into the person’s back seat. You then a pack of wolves come running through. :laugh:

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I skip friendship and marriage :naughty:
0631B5E3-71CF-4E72-A812-E303B4562CA7.jpeg

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Small world. I have 1 friend who was on a big reality tv show for the entire season and later came back for another whole season. Now I have another person I know (well, sometimes comes to the same gatherings) who was also on that Catfish program (as the victim). Both are very cool people.

Edit: Oh right. One more close friend had Undercover Boss at her place of business but she was not on camera. It was a silly episode and the place is kind of strange to work at, so that made sense.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Where do you find time for the flyers?
Being a Flyers fan is more like being in an abusive relationship than watching a show.

It makes us miserable, it hurts us way more than we enjoy it, we wish we could get away from it, but we keep coming back because we don’t know what else we’d do if we got away from it.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Being a Flyers fan is more like being in an abusive relationship than watching a show.

It makes us miserable, it hurts us way more than we enjoy it, we wish we could get away from it, but we keep coming back because we don’t know what else we’d do if we got away from it.

Yep. It isn't rational. It's a commitment that is part of our identity.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
It's a helluva a commitment. I have to forcibly stop myself from talking with friends about analytics and possible lineups because they are not committed the same way I am. Yet we wear the same jerseys *eyes darken.*

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

Your way too young to have your heart broken. Give the girl a pudding cup and say your sorry for whatever you did. You guys will be right as rain before recess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad