OT: 70th Obsequious Banter Thread: Hart asked the number to change to 79; we said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Oh ok, that's completely understandable.

It did switch over to Image at the end of the run. The first 20 issues were self-published. They've tried to make movies out of it several times over the years and they finally announced Netflix picked up the rights last week. It's one of my favorite things written in any medium.

I wish I had been able to collect and read all the series I wanted to, but it was just impossible - in terms of money and time. When it comes down to it, I would just rather buy or read a book than a comic, and I'm already way out of time on Earth to read everything I would like to.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I wish I had been able to collect and read all the series I wanted to, but it was just impossible - in terms of money and time. When it comes down to it, I would just rather buy or read a book than a comic, and I'm already way out of time on Earth to read everything I would like to.

I'm mostly the same. But when I was younger, I did have the time and you know what a drug nostalgia is.

I don't think I've read any new comics since Fables ended, which was another of my absolute favorite stories of any sort. Other than that, it might be 15 years since. How that was never adapted and Once Upon A Time became a thing is one of life's great mysteries.

They're pretty easy to read online these days...

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm mostly the same. But when I was younger, I did have the time and you know what a drug nostalgia is.

I don't think I've read any new comics since Fables ended, which was another of my absolute favorite stories of any sort. Other than that, it might be 15 years since. How that was never adapted and Once Upon A Time became a thing is one of life's great mysteries.

You know that series Saga? I downloaded a bunch of those on my iPad, but I always get sidetracked when I go to read them. That one intrigued me.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't think I've read any new comics since Fables ended, which was another of my absolute favorite stories of any sort. .

That one always looked really cool, too. I've always been super intrigued by those Dark Horse and Image comics, but the only one I read was Lone Ranger (I love that character to death). Michael Turner (RIP) was my favorite artist from the Supergirl covers and I always wanted to read Witchblade and Fathom. They did like a Witchblade/Battle of the Planets crossover and that blew my mind out. Nothing on Earth is better than BotP/Gatchaman.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa

I’ve heard Fables is great. I’ll have to check it out. I read current comics in digital form. I’m a big Marvel Silver, Bronze and Copper age comic collector. Those I need in comic form. Oh the joy and memory of seeing the original art, the ads and that awesome comic smell.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'm afraid to ask you because I don't want to have to wipe your existence from my memory, but did you like Bone by Jeff Smith?
I finally got that and read it last Christmas. I'd LOVE to see a stop-motion series of that but it'd take a decade to make. I'll have to settle for the new Netflix animated series they just announced!

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
There's a Fables universe game?!?!?! Now I have to go find this. THANK YOU.
My pleasure. I can’t speak to its authenticity or how true to the source it is, but it’s a lot of fun. Great graphics too.
DD6D5558-F16E-44C1-848B-87F4CB45649F.jpeg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I don't have that, but I do have a complete run of 1st Edition comics.

You can get the giant (1300+ pages) TPB everywhere for $30ish too. I have one of those I loan out to friends.

Everyone thinks HC is the resident lunatic collector. There's a reason I shut my mouth. :laugh:

I'm the hardcover book snob. So when I see a fancy hardcover collection I get tempted.

Also collecting Pokemon Funko Pops.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Stay away from me. I have to control those urges because I only have so much room for bookcases, but there's a spot next to the Calvin and Hobbes hardcover set that would probably fit it without rearranging.

I want to get that so bad. Finished The Complete Peanuts box sets. Trying to find the Peanuts Every Sunday box sets are challenging. The 1960s box is out of print and the ones on eBay go for a lot.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Stay away from me. I have to control those urges because I only have so much room for bookcases, but there's a spot next to the Calvin and Hobbes hardcover set that would probably fit it without rearranging.

Does the hardcover set feature any of the special stuff Bill sometimes did for the collections?

Like this wonder:

latest

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad