OT: 70th Obsequious Banter Thread: Hart asked the number to change to 79; we said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
"A.I.: Artificial Intelligence" besides being a criminally underrated picture is probably the last movie that made me want to cry.
Apparently Kubrick wrote it but knew he wouldnt live to finish it so he gave to Speilberg who butchered parts of it but the effects and script still shine through.

EDIT: Also "Fight Club" is a great movie.
It loses like 85% of its replay value though once you get past ~ age 25 I would say :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What part of Band of Brothers made you cry?

Seriously, digit, if you can sit there having seen "Rocky" and then in the sequel see Adrian near death, and Rocky dropping everything, and then Adrian waking up after begging him to stop boxing and saying "I want you to do one thing for me - win" and not cry, there is something emotionally wrong with you. And before you start talking about "masculine" this or that, remember - one measures one's masculinity by numbers of ladies, not by volume of tears.

Boom, truth bomb right on your foot.

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Seriously, digit, if you can sit there having seen "Rocky" and then in the sequel see Adrian near death, and Rocky dropping everything, and then Adrian waking up after begging him to stop boxing and saying "I want you to do one thing for me - win" and not cry, there is something emotionally wrong with you. And before you start talking about "masculine" this or that, remember - one measures one's masculinity by numbers of ladies, not by volume of tears.

Boom, truth bomb right on your foot.
I’ve never seen Rocky, Cap.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Why is everyone so much nicer in the threads that don't have anything to do with hockey?
Because movies/music/food/etc are things that are actually based on opinion.

Scalding hot takes about hockey are usually just incorrect/dishonest/flawed statements, that are only claimed to be “opinions” to escape criticism.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
What-Excuse-me-Say-what-GIF.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Why is everyone so much nicer in the threads that don't have anything to do with hockey?

We jump too quickly from topic to topic. If we were 5 threads deep into talking about Memento, we would devolve into barbarism.

Also, I think there’s an Internet law that states the more off-topic you are, the more you get along. People start seeming less one dimensional and more like.....people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad