OT: 70th Obsequious Banter Thread: Hart asked the number to change to 79; we said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcrusher

Jul 12, 2006
Just don't be an ass. If your group is about to be called, feel free to get up and stand in the damn gate area instead of blocking all terminal foot traffic.

I know people can't handle it, but that's all that's required. I'm at the point where I've started sending other people on every trip out of the Amtrak Northeast Corridor. It's a waste of too much of my time to deal with airports.

Some airports have removed seating to put in counters with communal germ-covered tablets where like six people can sit. Now there is no place to sit and no place to stand and people end up spilling into the thoroughfare. Almost everyone has their own tablets and/or phones, why put out counters and tables like this? I'm grouchy just thinking about it and I have to fly Friday.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Just don't be an ass. If your group is about to be called, feel free to get up and stand in the damn gate area instead of blocking all terminal foot traffic.

I know people can't handle it, but that's all that's required. I'm at the point where I've started sending other people on every trip out of the Amtrak Northeast Corridor. It's a waste of too much of my time to deal with airports.

Yeah, if I can take any other way of transportation, I take it. The level of selfishness people display while in an airport/plane is horrifying.

I think my favorite experience was when one of the attendants told people she would stop boarding the plane if they didnt clear out of the loading area. About 5 people walked away, everyone else just sat there. When no one moved, the woman literally just put the walkie talkie microphone thing in the drawer and just stared at everyone. I've never been so happy to depart late.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'm glad I don't fly out of your airports! Aside from the occasional ill-behaved kid I don't have issues with anyone. And going to and from Orlando each year, it's surprising I don't have to deal with more screaming kids. One kept kicking the back of my seat on my last trip and that's about the worst I've dealt with.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
If you haven’t been to Stockyard, it’s in an out of the way place, but their Whole Pig Bahn Mi is my favorite sandwich in the city.
'Necro

Bewitching hour. Should I do this thing, have it delivered via caviar, or run an errand up to Girard and swing by Paesano's?

Also, how would you compare Stockyard to Woodrow's (&/or Paesaon's)? That was my old jam, inbetween my office and walk home. (They had a french toast croque monsieur sandwich that was the absolute best, but #reasons, no longer on the menu.)

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
'Necro

Bewitching hour. Should I do this thing, have it delivered via caviar, or run an errand up to Girard and swing by Paesano's?

Also, how would you compare Stockyard to Woodrow's? That was my old jam, inbetween my office and walk home. (They had a french toast croque monsieur sandwich that was the absolute best, but #reasons, no longer on the menu.)

Stop in at stockyard. Get the rosemary potatoes, too. You won't regret it. I'd meet you at Kellianns for a beer if i were in town.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Just burn the city down and start over.
That's actually this city's greatest accomplishment and detriment. There was never a great fire that allowed a redrawing of city lines, installation of updated infrastructure. Because our city has been so well maintained over the years (thanks a lot Franklin) we've been passed by as newer technologies were introduced and implemented in other cities, but eschewed here because, "what we have is good enough, too expensive to replace something not broke."

My insurance is good, but not that good. Let's not burn the city down.
-home owner

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
That's actually this city's greatest accomplishment and detriment. There was never a great fire that allowed a redrawing of city lines, installation of updated infrastructure. Because our city has been so well maintained over the years (thanks a lot Franklin) we've been passed by as newer technologies were introduced and implemented in other cities, but eschewed here because, "what we have is good enough, too expensive to replace something not broke."

My insurance is good, but not that good. Let's not burn the city down.
-home owner

source.gif

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
El camino.. Well. I was pumped for it so bad that it was basically impossible to please me with that movie :laugh: I am glad I got to see some story wrinkles finished, very glad to see what was Jesse's next days after the season 5 finale.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
'Necro

Also, how would you compare Stockyard to Woodrow's (&/or Paesaon's)? That was my old jam, inbetween my office and walk home. (They had a french toast croque monsieur sandwich that was the absolute best, but #reasons, no longer on the menu.)

I haven't actually had a cheesesteak from Stockyard but I would say the sandwiches in general as just as good as either. I've only ordered pretty different things in those places.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I haven't actually had a cheesesteak from Stockyard but I would say the sandwiches in general as just as good as either. I've only ordered pretty different things in those places.

The stockyard 'cheesesteak' is good, provided you understand you arent getting a grease soaked mess like you do from the typical places. Its not quite the $150 wagyu cheesesteak from the place in center city, but its definitely a 'higher society' type of cheesesteak, as it has some sort of flavoring inside the cheese, as well.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

I hate flying so much that I have recently looked into 2 things. 1. purchasing a plane and hiring pilots, or 2. Purchasing a plane and Learning to fly.

Single propeller planes are cheap, easy to use, and quite safe.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The stockyard 'cheesesteak' is good, provided you understand you arent getting a grease soaked mess like you do from the typical places. Its not quite the $150 wagyu cheesesteak from the place in center city, but its definitely a 'higher society' type of cheesesteak, as it has some sort of flavoring inside the cheese, as well.
That just sounds like I would absolutely hate that cheesesteak.

Reactions: Starat327

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I've had two backers flake out on me recently and it's been a rough year so I'm in pretty bad shape. If any of you degens are independently wealthy please hmu.

Might have to get a job.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I hate flying so much that I have recently looked into 2 things. 1. purchasing a plane and hiring pilots, or 2. Purchasing a plane and Learning to fly.

Single propeller planes are cheap, easy to use, and quite safe.

You can land a single prop a few blocks from my house, so please save the heavy drugs for a safe landing reward if you're headed up this way.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Why do heavy drugs when Diet Coke gets the job done with half the calories.

"He ain't heavy, he's my brother." - One does heavy drugs in order to play heavy, as to gain the admiration and affection of hockey men the world over. Some believe that dinosaurs went extinct. This is not true. For there are birds to remind us of their continued presence and flourishing lineage. And also hockey men like Chuck Fletcher.

Its not the best cheesesteak ive ever had, but its far from the worst. Its not my go to when i go there, but its a nice mix-up from time to time.

Haven't had Stockyard's, but I would recommend the cheesesteak by Woodrow's (on South St, near 6th). Again, not the average slop slung around, and I say that affectionately, because this sandwich is thoughtful and composed of multiple ingredients to make harmony. Plus they have a truffle whiz they make in house, it is delish.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
@Young Sandwich where do you go salmon fishing?
I mostly fish for trout on the Upper Delaware River in the Catskills and sometimes steelhead in the tributaries of the Great Lakes in Western NY. Those same tributaries get salmon runs in the late summer/early fall though. A few buddies went up a couple weeks ago and got some nice coho salmon. You couldn't pay me to eat those fish from the Great Lakes though, so we always catch and release.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I mostly fish for trout on the Upper Delaware River in the Catskills and sometimes steelhead in the tributaries of the Great Lakes in Western NY. Those same tributaries get salmon runs in the late summer/early fall though. A few buddies went up a couple weeks ago and got some nice coho salmon. You couldn't pay me to eat those fish from the Great Lakes though, so we always catch and release.

You mean because of pollution?

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad