Prospect Info: 6th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
With Hughes and Kakko gone to the top two teams, it's just the three teams ahead of us. Apparently there are some health concerns with Turcotte that may make the teams ahead of us skip him, but that could also mean we do the same. Byram on the other hand is most likely a goner, I can't see him lasting to #6.

I think the health issues are overblown. A concern, but simple enough to clear

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The mindblowing thing for me has been his defensive play. My expectation was that a guy who's -50 has got to be a liability in his own zone. He's actually the best forward on Canada, defensively. He's killing 5 on 3s. He gets back every time to break up plays, and I'm talking promptly. His defensive IQ and overall game seem very good for the stage he's at.

How does -50 even happen for this kid? It seems so implausible.

Yeah Krebs is a guy that can have the needle move on him in a tournament like this. His team was so bad that people quesiton his defensive ability because of his plus minus and he didnt have a lot of help. Let Krebs play with elite talent that is going to go around him in the draft and hes showing that he could be a top guy.

His defensive game is definitely really high end, his speed is borderline elite and seems to have really solid vision. Totally would fit Detroits identity going forward. Dont be surprised if hes the pick

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Yeah Krebs is a guy that can have the needle move on him in a tournament like this. His team was so bad that people quesiton his defensive ability because of his plus minus and he didnt have a lot of help. Let Krebs play with elite talent that is going to go around him in the draft and hes showing that he could be a top guy.

His defensive game is definitely really high end, his speed is borderline elite and seems to have really solid vision. Totally would fit Detroits identity going forward. Dont be surprised if hes the pick
Lets see how he performed against USA.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'll take another Larkin please and thanks lol.

You guys are convincing me on this Krebs dude and I've barely even watched him play.

Well it's your lucky day. Canada plays Czech Republic today at 1:30 EST. Just fake sick and pull up a stream. You can also take in some Dylan Cozens game play and next year's potential top defenseman in Jamie Drysdale.

Reactions: mantha39

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Theyre both very similar. I'm not sure saying one is more like Larkin than the other is accurate

Turcotte and Krebs are very different kind of players. Turcotte is legit two-way center that plays with a combination of skill, speed, and hard work. Krebs plays more of a griding game rather than skillful, he does have a really good shot though.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Turcotte and Krebs are very different kind of players. Turcotte is legit two-way center that plays with a combination of skill, speed, and hard work. Krebs plays more of a griding game rather than skillful, he does have a really good shot though.

I dunno if I would fully agree with that. Krebs definitely has some skill and good vision. I would say Larkin plays quite a bit of a grinding game as well.

Neither of the 3 are identical players but they all have their similarities and are what I would call comparable. Krebs might not have played a skillful game and seemed like a grinder when he was playing with Kootenay. I would think that might have had more to do with what he had to work with though. With this Canadian team, hes absolutely displaying a combo of skill/grinding/hard work/speed that is fairly similar to Larkin. Hes definitely a leader like Larkin as well.

Either of those 2 players would really fit with the wings identity and compliment how Larkin plays pretty well. Not sure on Turcotte but I could see Krebs wearing a letter pretty young in his NHL career

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
it's baffling to me that so many people in here specifically want a player that plays in a similar way to Larkin

give me Dach any day over that,I feel like his playstyle has a much higher inherent upside

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
It baffles you that people like players with qualities similar to our best player?

yes?

Larkins nice and all but we need someone better than him if we ever want to contend

intentionally drafting someone because they play in a similar way to him doesn't seem like a good way of getting that

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Okay guys. Sure thing. Totally off the board out of nowhere no one had him projected even close to 9, pick. Warm body at the NHL level. Cool beans.

Ras was definitely a bit of a reach at 9 though, there is no denying it. While I don't agree with the person that said he would have been in the 20-25 range, I still don't think it was the right pick at 9. There were huge question marks about him heading into the draft regarding his foot-speed and offensive upside. These questions still have not been answered, and people have every right to call him a 3rd/4th liner until he proves otherwise. Heading in to the draft he was the guy I did not want, and sure enough we grabbed him.

I like Ras and hope he succeeds, I just don't see the upside in his game, and don't know if he's ever going to be an offensive contributor in the NHL.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
yes?

Larkins nice and all but we need someone better than him if we ever want to contend

intentionally drafting someone because they play in a similar way to him doesn't seem like a good way of getting that

I think it has more to do with people have seen that skill set translate well before. You could have a similar skill set and translate even better than Larkin did with it. I think Turcotte is quite a bit ahead of what Larkin was at 17, for example.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think it has more to do with people have seen that skill set translate well before. You could have a similar skill set and translate even better than Larkin did with it. I think Turcotte is quite a bit ahead of what Larkin was at 17, for example.

I think you could argue Turcotte and Krebs both have a higher overall skill level than Larkin did coming into his draft year. Larkin has significantly increased the offensive dimension of his game since being drafted.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think you could argue Turcotte and Krebs both have a higher overall skill level than Larkin did coming into his draft year. Larkin has significantly increased the offensive dimension of his game since being drafted.

I think they do.

Dylan Larkin had the most impressive step forward in his +1 season I’ve ever seen in a prospect to this day.

Reactions: mantha39
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad