Prospect Info: 66th Overall, Albin Grewe, Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Sounds like a good fit to play with Perfetti for a year. He can keep teams from taking liberties with Cole meanwhile he pots 30 goals and gets some offensive confidence.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Since it's Saginaw, I would consider him somewhat likely to transfer. He's the same age Hronek was when drafted by and moved to Saginaw.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Screenshot-4.png

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Excited to see him in Saginaw

BS that it happens to be the year OHL is not allowed body contact. Especially considering Grewe’s style of play.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Google Translate

"I like Grewe. I think he is an animal force that can make a difference and now he scored goals as well. He plays with bites. It was good for us, says Robert Ohlsson and believes that the physical element that the forward contributes was missing in Saturday's 0-5 loss against Färjestad. "

Reactions: Christien

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Skating makes it hard to understand he was drafted as high as he was.
Why not bring him to GR? Are we too high on contracts?
We actually got him way later than he was projected

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
2 points in 11 games in GR. If they liked what they saw he'd be playing there next season.

So yeah, a write off.

I mean, he's not even 21. He moved to NA right after a full season in Sweden and joined a new team and didn't get much icetime in GR. Let's not write him off yet.

Reactions: avssuc

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I mean, he's not even 21. He moved to NA right after a full season in Sweden and joined a new team and didn't get much icetime in GR. Let's not write him off yet.

Bangers like Grewe take a little more time. We knew he was never going to come out and wow everyone with his offense and steal minutes. He's the kind of guy that could easily do better in NA pro hockey. I'm sure they have some items for him to work on and then we'll see how he looks in the AHL in a year or so.

Maybe he pieces it all together and becomes one of those Tom Wilson guys you hate to play against. But ya know, Tom was taken about 50 spots earlier, so it's reach.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Bangers like Grewe take a little more time. We knew he was never going to come out and wow everyone with his offense and steal minutes. He's the kind of guy that could easily do better in NA pro hockey. I'm sure they have some items for him to work on and then we'll see how he looks in the AHL in a year or so.

Maybe he pieces it all together and becomes one of those Tom Wilson guys you hate to play against. But ya know, Tom was taken about 50 spots earlier, so it's reach.

If he can become a guy that plays on the 4th line in an agitator role ala Brendan Lemieux with more skill then this is a decent pick. I hope the kid can do more than that but I wouldn't be mad with that result either.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If he can become a guy that plays on the 4th line in an agitator role ala Brendan Lemieux with more skill then this is a decent pick. I hope the kid can do more than that but I wouldn't be mad with that result either.

Grewe absolutely flashed some skill the last time I took a look at him. He had moments where you'd think he was more a flyer in the late 1st. But obviously consistency and ability to keep up with the play will drive his success.

It's hard to get a read on him in Europe. I wish we had more than those 11 AHL games at the moment. In two years we'll probably get a better look and can see if he's going to be one of our gritty boys flanking Eichel.

Yes, I'm speaking it into existence.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Grewe absolutely flashed some skill the last time I took a look at him. He had moments where you'd think he was more a flyer in the late 1st. But obviously consistency and ability to keep up with the play will drive his success.

It's hard to get a read on him in Europe. I wish we had more than those 11 AHL games at the moment. In two years we'll probably get a better look and can see if he's going to be one of our gritty boys flanking Eichel.

Yes, I'm speaking it into existence.

I'd bet money that Eichel ends up in Washington after being traded for a couple other problem children before he's in Detroit.

Regarding Grewe, I always came away watching Djurgarden this year that he should have gotten more icetime and he made some pretty nice plays that made me think he could be one of those guys that's a premier 3rd/4th line type. His stuff in junior I didn't see outside of highlight reels, but even there he flashed great hands, and his speed is good enough for the pro game. It could be better but his skating probably won't hold him back from a job in a team's bottom 6. If he can develop into our next Maltby then huge plus for us.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'd bet money that Eichel ends up in Washington after being traded for a couple other problem children before he's in Detroit.

Regarding Grewe, I always came away watching Djurgarden this year that he should have gotten more icetime and he made some pretty nice plays that made me think he could be one of those guys that's a premier 3rd/4th line type. His stuff in junior I didn't see outside of highlight reels, but even there he flashed great hands, and his speed is good enough for the pro game. It could be better but his skating probably won't hold him back from a job in a team's bottom 6. If he can develop into our next Maltby then huge plus for us.

Exactly my impressions, too. He had way more skill than most of the guys billed as bottom line bangers. Maltby is a nice comparable. Another name I might toss out there is Abdelkader, if we just ignore the frustration of trying to turn him into a top liner. For the years Abby was an NHLer, he was 13th in the league for hits. I dunno why I looked that up I was just curious. During that same time period though Ovechkin was 6th. That's pretty nuts.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad