Prospect Info: 66th Overall, Albin Grewe, Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
And if svech can ever get it going. We could have a really unlikable team in a good way.

I really hope svech makes the team next year if for nothing else to see if he really tries to avenge his brothers beat down from ovie.

Ovie would do the same thing to Evgeny so I sure hope not. Another injury at this stage in terms of development and contract status and he's pretty much done.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Hakan said he suffered a concussion in February that he never got quite back from, and he believes that’s why he was available still in the 3rd
I wonder who hit him? He said it was a Russian who was also drafted. Then he laughed and said it was "a great hit actually, he got knocked out". I laughed, too. I don't really find the subject funny but the way Hakan was talking killed me.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Ovie would do the same thing to Evgeny so I sure hope not. Another injury at this stage in terms of development and contract status and he's pretty much done.
Yeah, people don't seem to realize how big Ovy is. He's listed at 235, but that's when he's on a diet. To put that in perspective, he's bigger than Probie or Kocur.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I would be interested in seeing it happen. Dalton Prout is 10x the scrapper Ovie is and Svechnikov handled himself pretty well against him. Prout one punched Lucic a couple years ago.

As for Grewe, I like the pick at this point in the draft. Fits Detroits style of team theyre building towards for sure. Not a lot of tough Swedes (seem to be one of the softer countries, dontmean this in a bad way, when it comes to developing hockey players) so hopefully this guy has a bit of that Lilja/Ericcson/Douglas Murray swede in him so he can handle himself at the NHL level.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Just have to make a post about how excited I am for this kid. Put him on a line with Bert and let them rack up the dirtiest of dirty goals with a few hits in there as well. I am excited for his potential.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
As for Grewe, I like the pick at this point in the draft. Fits Detroits style of team theyre building towards for sure. Not a lot of tough Swedes (seem to be one of the softer countries, dontmean this in a bad way, when it comes to developing hockey players) so hopefully this guy has a bit of that Lilja/Ericcson/Douglas Murray swede in him so he can handle himself at the NHL level.

you dont think ehn and de la rose are physical?

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
After watching his U18 highlights, this kid looks very intriguing. Love the feedback I’m getting about him too. Looks to have good edges with explosive strides, quick hands, keeps his head up fairly decent. Unfortunately you could tell his line mates weren’t processing the game as fast as him so a lot of the chances he produce didn’t capitalize.

When he got time and space to load up a shot it looks good but would be nice to see him get better at getting those shots off in tight.

In Hakan I trust, ultimately.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
you dont think ehn and de la rose are physical?

de la rose is a guy who will finish a check but he isnt scaring another teams defense. Ehn, not really. Hes a speedy guy and will forecheck but i cant picture a single "big" hit he threw last year. Grewe is being described as a T-Rex and the most competitive player to come out of Europe in years so if he ends up playing a game similar to de la rose or Ehn I will be pretty disappointed. If those 2 are Swedens most physical forwards in the league right now it speaks to what I was saying about not developing strong, physical players.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If those 2 are Swedens most physical forwards in the league right now it speaks to what I was saying about not developing strong, physical players.

well according to nhl.com ehn had 70 hits in 60 games, de la rose had 72 hits in 60 games.

most physical among swedes in nhl are adam larsson, robert hägg, landeskog. joakim nordstrom, hornqvist, sundqvist, folin. also there is kronwall who dont hit much but when he does its really hard. but yes in general we dont have many physical players.

Reactions: AttilaTheFun

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
well according to nhl.com ehn had 70 hits in 60 games, de la rose had 72 hits in 60 games.

most physical among swedes in nhl are adam larsson, robert hägg, landeskog. joakim nordstrom, hornqvist, sundqvist, folin. also there is kronwall who dont hit much but when he does its really hard. but yes in general we dont have many physical players.

I'm not saying it like its a bad thing by the way. Sweden is producing some of the best players in the world, its just the rough and tumble style does not seem to be something taught extensively in Sweden based on the players we see coming to the NHL. So when a guy has 100 PIMs in 25 games, is described as a T-rex, and is called the most competitive European in a long time... it makes me really hope that playing in Sweden doesnt make him look tougher than he really is because there isnt a lot to compare with in Sweden

Another really good, physical D from Sweden was Ohlund. Seems like there isnt much in the way of forwards outside of Landeskog who are tough but on the back end there have been a few guys

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I would be interested in seeing it happen. Dalton Prout is 10x the scrapper Ovie is and Svechnikov handled himself pretty well against him. Prout one punched Lucic a couple years ago.

I was about to referrance the first fight.

I for one am excited to see this happen. Svechinkov is around 220lbs even though they list him lighter, Ovi is actually big like someone said and is a mans, man. This fight is more than likely to go down. I don't expect a beat down but I expect Ovie to handle it, answer the bell, couple blows and the game rolls on.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
The reports I read on him is he doesn't process the game very well and has low hockey IQ. The attributes that have bust written all over it.

I haven't seen anything of the sort? I've only read that he's a relatively smart player, albeit not elite, and seems to have a very good skill set for someone whose reputation is more of a grinder or agitator. A third round pick who, assuming has great development could be a complimentary top 6 winger, or at worst ends up a high energy bottom 6 winger with a knack for getting opponents off their game is anything but a bust.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
The reports I read on him is he doesn't process the game very well and has low hockey IQ. The attributes that have bust written all over it.

That's been my take after several viewings aswell. In wjc-18 he left me quite dumbfounded by his inability to receive passes, he kill plays in the offensive zone and in transition. His dumb offensive hits always leave him out of position.

In SHL same story plus a 3 game suspension for a vicious hit to the head. I swear there are games where he literally stops playing hockey.

Last edited:
Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad