Prospect Info: 66th Overall, Albin Grewe, Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Exactly my impressions, too. He had way more skill than most of the guys billed as bottom line bangers. Maltby is a nice comparable. Another name I might toss out there is Abdelkader, if we just ignore the frustration of trying to turn him into a top liner. For the years Abby was an NHLer, he was 13th in the league for hits. I dunno why I looked that up I was just curious. During that same time period though Ovechkin was 6th. That's pretty nuts.

I didn't realize Abdelkader had that many hits. I always thought he was pretty physical but not in the league of someone like Clutterbuck (Who I can only assume is top 5).

Where does Grewe slot into Ilves dept chart? And is it higher in the lineup than he would have potentially been in Grand Rapids? GR isn't so deep next year.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I didn't realize Abdelkader had that many hits. I always thought he was pretty physical but not in the league of someone like Clutterbuck (Who I can only assume is top 5).

Where does Grewe slot into Ilves dept chart? And is it higher in the lineup than he would have potentially been in Grand Rapids? GR isn't so deep next year.

While Abby was 13th with a respectable 1746 hits, Clutterbuck was 2nd with 2,782. 1,000 more hits, so yeah, not in the same league but also still really high relatively. Keep in mind I only picked years Abby was a full time NHLer as the timespan.

As for Grewe on the depth chart, no clue. Outside of my knowledge base.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ilves terminated contract today with Grewe.

Didn't really get anything going.

Think he is gonna bust.

He is at maximum ECHL, Sweden 2nd level guy at the moment.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Oof, not looking good. Needs to go the AHL.

The Wings gave him a look there last year. While I think his game is way more tailored to North America, if the Wings liked what they say last year he would have been in our camp this fall instead of in Finland.

Regardless, he needs to find a place to play ASAP.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Signed to Mora in the second Swedish division (Allsvenskan). Will play with our other prospect Berglund. Hope he has a killer year and maybe look to come over next year. He is still 20 but he needs to make steps in his development. He has a lot of talent but he needs to work on becoming more consistent. He also needs to get stronger and faster. He is a smart player and a great passer, but there were always concerns about his hockey sense (but this is difficult to learn).

Fun fact, Scouching had him ranked the 29th best player in the 2019 draft, basically a late 1nd, early 2nd round pick.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Is it safe to say he is a bust yet? I remember he was "the next Marchand" goes to show draft night goggles can blind you....

Reactions: lilidk

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Is it safe to say he is a bust yet? I remember he was "the next Marchand" goes to show draft night goggles can blind you....

Can you really call a 3rd rounder a bust when there is such a tiny chance of them making the show in the first place? There were 157 players drafted after him. 16 of those have played at least 1 game in the nhl. Between them they have played in 175 games and scored 44 points. Maybe chill on the bust talk.

Reactions: Oddbob

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Can you really call a 3rd rounder a bust when there is such a tiny chance of them making the show in the first place? There were 157 players drafted after him. 16 of those have played at least 1 game in the nhl. Between them they have played in 175 games and scored 44 points. Maybe chill on the bust talk.
Comparing him to Marchand then not even making the NHL what you call that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad