Prospect Info: 66th Overall, Albin Grewe, Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
I hate this one, best case he turns into Marchand...who I wouldn't want around anyway. I hate guys that play like that
If a 3rd round pick turns into a 100 point player who is in the top 5 of scoring over the last 3 years while driving opponents nuts you’d be insane to not want that. That’s like finding a unicorn inside of your sock drawer.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
If a 3rd round pick turns into a 100 point player who is in the top 5 of scoring over the last 3 years while driving opponents nuts you’d be insane to not want that. That’s like finding a unicorn inside of your sock drawer.
If the Bruins offered to trade us Marchand for free (and we can't then proceed to trade him ourselves, if we take him he's a wing for life), I would say no. I'd rather not have him. I find Bertuzzi tolerable because he flashes enough IQ and has cleaned up his game some. Hopefully Grewe does the same, but I don't like dirty players no matter how they're acquired. It's more like finding the world's best vibrator in your sock drawer, great luck for many, but others would rather not touch it

Reactions: BSHH and Gniwder

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
If the Bruins offered to trade us Marchand for free (and we can't then proceed to trade him ourselves, if we take him he's a wing for life), I would say no. I'd rather not have him. I find Bertuzzi tolerable because he flashes enough IQ and has cleaned up his game some. Hopefully Grewe does the same, but I don't like dirty players no matter how they're acquired. It's more like finding the world's best vibrator in your sock drawer, great luck for many, but others would rather not touch it

even if you actually mean that which I doubt(maybe you personally do but I really doubt the vast majority who say things like that would ever stick to it if it ever actually came down to it)I really doubt you would feel the same way about someone the Wings drafted and developed

Marchand isn't exactly some hugely disliked figure in Boston,why do you think that is? something unique to Bruins fans? no fans are pretty much the same anywhere

when you watch a player develop they grow on you over time,especially when they're a good player

Reactions: TheMule93

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Like it or not, dirty players are pretty much the foundation of this franchise. Howe was legendary for his dirty elbows. Lindsay was probably the dirtiest player to ever play the game and the league had to create new penalties just to stop his antics. Bob Probert was a great fighter but pretty damn dirty too, as was Joe Kocur. The entire Grind Line (Maltby, McCarty, Draper) made a habit of doing things that would be illegal under the modern rules. Konstantinov delivered more than just clean hits, he rang a few bells with headshots. In more modern times we’ve cheered on teams with all-time dirt bags like Chris Chelios and Todd Bertuzzi. Kronwall is no saint. We even signed Jordin Tootoo. I can keep listing MANY guys who have been on this team who are as dirty or dirtier than Marchand. Every Cup this team has ever won is tainted with dirty players on the roster. Are you ashamed to celebrate the teams heritage knowing it’s covered in dirt? Are you embarrassed that we won Cups with dirtbags? Do you stop cheering for the team whenever they add guys who cross the line? Maybe so you do. Maybe not. All I know is like it or not this franchise has embraced over-the-line players throughout its history and will continue to do so if that’s what helps us win. The red in Red Wings is tainted with lots of blood.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Zero chance grewe turns into 100 pt player lmao

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
You're probably right but everyone would have laughed at someone for suggesting Brad Marchant would become the player he is today when he was selected 71st overall in 2006 and would have kept laughing until right around 2016.
I’m just expecting a 3rd line agitator , and now I gotta hope someone like a sniper puistola ends up being a bust or we’re gonna look like absolute f***en morons

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I’m just expecting a 3rd line agitator , and now I gotta hope someone like a sniper puistola ends up being a bust or we’re gonna look like absolute ****en morons

I've seen enough coveted draft picks turn into nothing special to stop getting excited about this stuff.

Back in 2009 me and all my Dallas friends had a total meltdown the team took Glennie instead of future stud defender Kulikov. I mean Kulikov is the better player, but he's nothing special. Oh and none of us were talking about Ryan Ellis, the guy we should have actually been upset passing on.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I've seen enough coveted draft picks turn into nothing special to stop getting excited about this stuff.

Back in 2009 me and all my Dallas friends had a total meltdown the team took Glennie instead of future stud defender Kulikov. I mean Kulikov is the better player, but he's nothing special. Oh and none of us were talking about Ryan Ellis, the guy we should have actually been upset passing on.

Yup you never know but none of these guys scream star potential so I’m not really expecting anything out of this mess of a draft , it happens good for us nothing more than seider a #3dman #2 if we’re lucky , grewe and maybe one of the d’s become a 3rd pair guy

I just don’t get how you pass on a puistola who’s a pure goal scorer in Finland , scored 5 goals in 5 games at the juniors tournament , ah so I’m over this draft at least now yzerman got his bullshit let’s out of the way and in 2020 we can hopefully go back to best player available approach

Christien

May 1, 2010
Idk if anyone has said this yet, but supposedly his brothers and his dad are 6'3, so it's possible he still has some growing to do.

EDIT: Actually nvm Hakan was talking about Johansson not Grewe.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
I’m pretty sure Yzerman did use the BPA approach, it’s just that the value he and his scouts placed on players obviously differed from he opinions of some of the talking heads. It’s really not all that strange in other sports for this to happen and I’ve been expecting it to show up more in hockey. Teams start to draft more for players that can excel in the system and structure they employ. A team running a heavy trap will value a certain skill set far more than a team utilizing an aggressive 3 player forecheck for example. Some teams value speed the most. Some prefer hockey IQ as the top skill. Still others will value a size or hands or shot or agility or acceleration as top assets. Players don’t fit well in every system. You don’t draft a 3-4 rush linebacker in the NFL to play as a 4-3 defense end. It’s a poor fit even if the rush linebacker is more highly rated and more athletic. You wouldn’t ask a Tom Brady to run the option. You see it in the NFL and NBA all the time, and increasingly more in he NHL now. Fans get upset that teams “draft for need” when really they are drafting for best fit in their teams current system. Just because a poor fit might have a more athletic profile doesn’t mean they will be successful with any team out there.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Idk if anyone has said this yet, but supposedly his brothers and his dad are 6'3, so it's possible he still has some growing to do.

EDIT: Actually nvm Hakan was talking about Johansson not Grewe.
oh sorry i mis heard hakan and thought he meant trex . twas a weird interveiw with hsj as hakan seemed distracted / not listening , maybe on purpose lol . but johanson growing bigger is better than trex so thats good to hear .

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan

That’s just not a smart take man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad