Prospect Info: 66th Overall, Albin Grewe, Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I was about to referrance the first fight.

I for one am excited to see this happen. Svechinkov is around 220lbs even though they list him lighter, Ovi is actually big like someone said and is a mans, man. This fight is more than likely to go down. I don't expect a beat down but I expect Ovie to handle it, answer the bell, couple blows and the game rolls on.

Svechnikov is not going to fight Ovechkin to defend the honor of his little brother. That is utter nonsense.

Reactions: Konnan511

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
What he said....

Idk about "Utter nonsesne." Maybe, but it's not out of thin air that I think this will happen.
Well, he has to play in the same league first, before he can fight Ovy.

I wasn't saying that he would do it, but the idea didn't come out of thin air either.

RedWingsDad

Jul 30, 2013
He would be doing a major disservice to his Red Wings brothers if he tried to fight Ovechkin to avenge his brother. If it was one of his Red Wings brothers, yeah I could see that. Not to mention, I doubt he would risk injury to needlessly fight.

If my brother had gotten beat on by Ovechkin and I didn't like the circumstances surrounding it, I would want to beat on Ovechkin. I think that's natural and a good thing.

If I was a teammate of Evgeny I would encourage him to not be a puss and to beat on Ovechkin for the sake of his brother.

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
If my brother had gotten beat on by Ovechkin and I didn't like the circumstances surrounding it, I would want to beat on Ovechkin. I think that's natural and a good thing.

If I was a teammate of Evgeny I would encourage him to not be a puss and to beat on Ovechkin for the sake of his brother.
Back to Grewe.. What are the chances he makes the WJC team this year?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

You mean "be beat on by Ovechkin" right? Evgeny gonna get wrecked.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
You mean "be beat on by Ovechkin" right? Evgeny gonna get wrecked.

I've mentioned it once. Svechnikov has fought bigger, tougher players than Ovechkin and done fine. Not sure why everyone thinks OV is some heavyweight fighter because he knocked out a 19 year old rookie in the second fight in his career. The first guy he fought had only one fight toal and was 2 inches smaller. Evgeni has 5 career fights already... 2 against legitimate heavyweight fighters, 2 against 2 scrappy players who can handle themselves and one against a non fighter. E Svech has a more impressive fight card than Ovechkin is his short career already.

Thats not to say hes a big, tough guy or anything but people acting like Ovechkin would turn him inside out arent thinking right

He has an absurd amount of junior international caps so far (64 games thus far) so I'd expect him to be on that team either this year or next year.

Yep seems like hes liked by Swedens international brass and has a good chance. He brings something different to those teams so it makes sense

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Back to Grewe.. What are the chances he makes the WJC team this year?

i want him on the 4th line together with lukas wernblom who is as physical and tough as him, it would be hell to play against those 2. but grewe takes too many penalties, so there is a chance the coach will not select him.

Reactions: Tomas W
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad