Prospect Info: 66th Overall, Albin Grewe, Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Before this pick was made Hakan was talking with Wright and after the selection, Wright had a huge smile on his face.

Reactions: H3ckt1k

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Albin Grewe at eliteprospects.com

He’s a strong skater, who’s relentless on the forecheck, and a serious trash talker who gets under the skin of his opponents each night, EPrinkside.com 2019

Grewe is willing to play a committed brand of defense, blocking shots and getting his stick onto the puck, McKeen's Hockey2019

plays with considerable energy.. is a threat down the right side when he puts his shoulder down to attack wide and then drive the net, Draftin Europe 2018

He is at the top of the food chain, a t-rex, eats everything and thinks everything is under him, Robert Ohlsson (Coach) 2018

slick stickhandler … dangerous in the offensive end … plays a fast game … works hard every shift … deadly on the power play, ISS Hockey 2017

What. a. hell. is. that. :laugh::laugh::naughty:

Last edited:

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Really like this pick. Watching him in the Hlinka Gretzky last summer and a few of his 2018 games he genuinely looked like he could top out as a Brad Marchand like guy, and I mean current, high scoring Brad Marchand. Unfortunately didn't have a good year, and it sounds like he's got some legitimate hockey IQ concerns, but if he can reach his potential look out.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Sounds like he may be a tough player to play against, which sounds promising!

Reactions: LazyT

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
"Grewe doesn’t always seem to process the play well" perfectly sums up my concerns with this pick.

I way prefer that to “good iq, but no hands and averaging skating”.

I think learning how to play in certain situation is a much better problem to have than someone with little natural skill (which this guy seems to have a ton of)

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I way prefer that to “good iq, but no hands and averaging skating”.

I think learning how to play in certain situation is a much better problem to have than someone with little natural skill (which this guy seems to have a ton of)

Being able to process plays and see the ice is also a natural skill. Sure a player can learn to see developing patterns on the ice, but there's always gonna be a natural limit to that aswell.

Reactions: Flowah

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
It's a third round pick.

We could've drafted another size and soul player to ***** about. I'll take a gritty skilled guy that can skate.

So? I still dislike the pick, it's just my personal opinion. Feel free to like the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad