Post-Game Talk: #64: Rangers 2 at FLYERS 5, Friday, Feb. 28, 2020, 7:00 pm ET

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Pens having a light Bylsma-era meltdown against the Ducks right now. bad penalties and awful defense. Ducks are wearing their stupid orange jerseys so maybe they're having flashbacks.

hate to see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Sam Rosen has been at it going back to the 80s. He did (perhaps is active) NFL as an announcer on one of the national networks, too. The color man did NHL games on Fox when they had the national contract.
Micheletti has done some playoff games for NBC. I really like him. He's always fair and knowledgeable.

HeyHanrahan

Sep 20, 2018
PA
Turner & Hooch.jpg
oh muttly!

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
This the first stretch in a decade where I just expect them to find a way to win games. That's the most positive thing I take away from this team.
Agreed! It’s been oh boy can they survive/hold on long enough to get a win tonight and constant anxiety when they were hemmed in there own zone. Now every game I know they are good enough to beat anyone and excpect them to. It really pumps my nads

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Hagg is the worst player in the world, it's a disgrace that we are playing him over the greatest defenseman in the league.

Coaches are terrible, they don't know what they are doing. Coaching us to lose.

Everyone else is getting fooled by a winning streak. There are still major problems with this team.

Making trades for absolute trash like Grant sums up this entire organisation.

Playing Provorov on the powerplay is a disgrace, he couldn't hold Ghosts jock strap.

Farabee would have made this game 10-0 instead of a lousy 5-1. Sending him down was the worst decision this franchise has ever made.

You forgot players win these games, not the coaches

Reactions: BrokenStix

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Remember when people wanted to blow up this core and start from scratch?

And to think this team isn't even icing our best possible roster. Changes still need to be made but we have a bunch of crazy good players who can cover for the problems. Hopefully at some point we stop handicapping ourselves and see what this roster can really do.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
some thoughts:

So much for those who think good offense creates good defense, one team had some elite offensive players but a terrible defense, the other team might have less raw talent but plays a far more disciplined game centered around excellent defense. The goalies played to a draw, so which team dominated?

Grant was just fine thank you, with two top lines capable of scoring, we have a physical 3C who can play defense and along with Pitlick, get the puck back and give it to JVR.

Hagg had another good game, no, he's not a top four defensemen but he's not a black hole either.

If Hart can play like this on the road, Flyers can matchup against any team in the NHL.

Oh, anyone still bitching about the Hayes signing?

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Missed most of the game, if you had to pick Grant vs. Thompson for 4C based off tonight only who's the pick?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Missed most of the game, if you had to pick Grant vs. Thompson for 4C based off tonight only who's the pick?

Grant. And given the return for him and his immediate role as 3C, I'm assuming the team shares that thought. His age, recent numbers before this season, also point towards him. For someone billed as a big, strong skater (like a Raffl or Pitlick), I've been a touch disappointed in that aspect of Grant's game. I'm not saying he looks behind the pace, like Thompson, but I'm not sure he's quicker than Bunnaman either.

Grant and Thompson's puck skills look pretty even; neither handles it like a grenade certainly. He has been around the puck more than Thompson. Grant made a few nice zone exits last game, though entries have been iffy. Kind of shocked he doesn't chip and chase more given his skill-set. I think he should be forechecking better and be more of a load below the dots on the puck with his size, but I can't say if that's just a systems adjustment. The sooner we see Raffl-Grant-NAK the better. Then we can get more skill in the middle 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00