Post-Game Talk: #64: Rangers 2 at FLYERS 5, Friday, Feb. 28, 2020, 7:00 pm ET

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
First off, anyone know what happened to Lou Nolan?

That was a great game. We really could have all 4 lines rolling right now. I knew Couts line would have a good game even for their standards.

If we can take down the caps and win the division we could be looking at isles first round and pens the second. That would be pretty fun. Then conf finals against the Bruins.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
That was a real marker of a game. Nine road wins in a row, one of the most in form terms in the league and we blew them away. Fully deserved too, and nary a peep from Panarin.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Woke up still feeling great after that win.

A white-hot Rangers team got a goal in the first 3 minutes, gave it their all, & ended up frustrated & dominated by the end.

Legitimately exciting to see the Flyers clicking on all cylinders as they enter the last 5 weeks of the season.

This team realizes how good they can be, they’ve *finally* regained a personality & swagger, & they’re playing AV’s system without having to think about it anymore.

Couturier, Giroux, & Voracek have kicked into 6th gear. Hayes is dominating.

The Hayes, Niskanen, & Braun additions, plus AV hiring, should have Fletcher on the short list for GM of the year.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Dear lord, it was a great win, can we get through one PGT without the contrarian hive strawmen?

You know It's bad when @Striiker is posting "hey guys, look at how well we played" and the same contrarians are still out in full force. Like... you disnt even have a trigger... you just proved you really wanted to be against the grain more than anything. Congrats?

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017

A white-hot Rangers team got a goal in the first 3 minutes, gave it their all, & ended up frustrated & dominated by the end.

Legitimately exciting to see the Flyers clicking on all cylinders as they enter the last 5 weeks of the season.

This team realizes how good they can be, they’ve *finally* regained a personality & swagger, & they’re playing AV’s system without having to think about it anymore.

The Hayes, Niskanen, & Braun additions, plus AV hiring, should have Fletcher on the short list for GM of the year.

fletch must be monitoring my posts because i said last year this team needs to be built bigger like the blues and he did just that and look at the results, i mean we are a bigger team and dominating and fletch came from the wild team he built with big players since the western teams are big.

this is why i had a great feeling about the hayes signing and nisky and braun trades, it was a culture change from a small soft team built from hextall to a big fast team from fletch and of course the av signing was icing on the cake.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
You know It's bad when @Striiker is posting "hey guys, look at how well we played" and the same contrarians are still out in full force. Like... you disnt even have a trigger... you just proved you really wanted to be against the grain more than anything. Congrats?

And how they lickballs.gif each other's hot take. Brilliant. Makes this place feel so much better :laugh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I get your point but I’d just like to note that Striiker always posts “hey guys look how well we played” when we have a good game. It isn’t even abnormal. winkyface.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Grant and Thompson's puck skills look pretty even; neither handles it like a grenade certainly. He has been around the puck more than Thompson. Grant made a few nice zone exits last game, though entries have been iffy. Kind of shocked he doesn't chip and chase more given his skill-set. I think he should be forechecking better and be more of a load below the dots on the puck with his size, but I can't say if that's just a systems adjustment. The sooner we see Raffl-Grant-NAK the better. Then we can get more skill in the middle 6.

Depends on the opponent, Frost could play 3C against the Rangers and their matador defense.
Not sure I want him there against teams that can forecheck.

Grant looked much better, he gives them an option at 3C that's different than Laughton and Frost.
He's not going to excel there, but no one this year will.
And as much as I love Farabee, Laughton seems to have real chemistry with Hayes.

In the playoffs, you'd rather have two top lines that can score and two that can hold their own, than weaken one of your top lines to slightly upgrade your third line.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Didn't see much trolling here other than pointing out that Grant played much better and didn't look out of place at 3C.

No one seems excited about Thompson, but he's basically a depth body.

Thompson/Bunnaman is a bit of a draw, Bunnaman is more talented but really inexperienced and plays like he's afraid of making a mistake, Thompson is your generic veteran 4C.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Missed most of the game, if you had to pick Grant vs. Thompson for 4C based off tonight only who's the pick?
Its Grant and its Grant easily. When Thompson is on the ice you know he is not going to generate anything on offense, Grant was around was net at least being a pest. Like pretty much everyone on here would prefer Farabee up, Grant 4c and Thompson bench.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
AV should be TOP3 for Jack Adams.

But of course Sullivan will win it with Crosby and Malkin.
Sullivan and Torts (especially Torts with no super stars team) deserve consideration for having their limping crews win the games and be in the playoffs picture

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sullivan and Torts (especially Torts with no super stars team) deserve consideration for having their limping crews win the games and be in the playoffs picture

If CBJ makes the playoffs, it's Torts hands down.

And Sullivan has done a great job, but AV lost Lindblom and Patrick and is winning with a 21 year old goalie, so he's got as good of a case.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Loved the effort but just pump the brakes a second in that Rangers 3 in 4 and Rangers had to comeback day before in third. Tonight was big to feel safe we were making the playoffs.Wednesday/Thursday is big to see how good this team really is.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
giphy-6.gif

WOOOO, WAS THAT FUN OR WHAT?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->