#52 Kings = suck @ Ducks = unstoppable = 2-1 loss AGAIN !

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
And Toffoli is not going to save this team.

I do agree, but I think he could help if we put him in the right situation. I really wish we would try him with Kopi for a few games King-Kopi-Toffoli would be a nice line, you got a good power forward, a playmaker and elite defensive center, with a young sniper. King is also solid in the D zone and Toffoli is decent as well, Toffoli just needs to put some muscle on and not get hit off the puck and taken into the boards so easily.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I am not blaming Richards for anything , you people suggesting trades to shake up the room , with nothing grinders and role players doesn't accomplish anything .

The room would simply say "sucks for those guys" . Trade Richards and people ears perk up.

I'm not pointing fingers, but rather generalizing. The entire offense has disappeared.

It truly is puzzling. His lack of performance is a reflection of what is wrong with the entire team. Even Kopitar's play looks completely off. It's as if they all ran a marathon in the first 20 minutes then are running on empty in the remaining 40 minutes. Even Doughty and Voynov have looked pedestrian of late.

Top to bottom, it's ugly. No use singling out people. No one except our world class goalie and Carter have their head in the game.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Trying to compare Richards numbers to other 2nd line centers and he's close to the ones I've researched.

3 even strength goals all year (51 games)
1 goal in 27 games, 2 in 35
statistically the worst defensive player on the team
very little physical presence
$5.8 mill cap hit

Richards has some assists, mostly playing with Carter, beyond that there is nothing positive to mention about his season. Him and Brown have been without question the biggest flops for the Kings this season, much of the teams failures falls on their shoulders.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I'm not pointing fingers, but rather generalizing. The entire offense has disappeared.

Top to bottom, it's ugly. No use singling out people. No one except our world class goalie and Carter have their head in the game.

Spot on , Quick is without a doubt the best player on this team.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Why is Toffoli different than any of the other 21 or 22 year old kids in the NHL this year? Why is it so horrible if he doesn't play games for a couple of weeks? Plenty of other guys are going to be missing games.

It's just stupid to be as awful as we are offensively and not playing this guy while Cguys like Clifford play and Lewis plays with Kopitar.

I bet Toffoli would be tearing it up and leading all rookies in scoring if he was with a team like the Sharks. You just know it. They repeatedly churn out productive players. Happened with Pavelski and Couture, and you have your next round of guys with Hertl and Wingels.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
3 even strength goals all year (51 games)
1 goal in 27 games, 2 in 35
statistically the worst defensive player on the team
very little physical presence
$5.8 mill cap hit

Richards has some assists, mostly playing with Carter, beyond that there is nothing positive to mention about his season. Him and Brown have been without question the biggest flops for the Kings this season, much of the teams failures falls on their shoulders.

Brown having a career worst year is really hurting the Kings .

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Him and Brown have been without question the biggest flops for the Kings this season, much of the teams failures falls on their shoulders.

Everyone loves to tar and feather our bottom 6, but it starts from the top. Simply put, these two players are playing lackluster hockey with no passion, no grit, and the rest of the team feeds off of it.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I bet Toffoli would be tearing it up and leading all rookies in scoring if he was with a team like the Sharks. You just know it. They repeatedly churn out productive players. Happened with Pavelski and Couture, and you have your next round of guys with Hertl and Wingels.

Playing with Jumbo Joe he would. Its too bad the Sharks have squandered all that prime post season play .

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

Pavelski is one of the most underrated players in the NHL.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Playing with Jumbo Joe he would. Its too bad the Sharks have squandered all that prime post season play .

Kings were fortunate to have home ice advantage in 2013 because they were dreadful away from home during that playoff run. If the Sharks had home ice advantage... and this year it appears they will have it.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
  • Kopitar is slowly transforming into the next Michal Handzus.

• This team has not a single ounce of creativity. Everybody who has the puck on their stick goes in a straight line, you will rarely see a cross ice pass connecting tape to tape.

• The powerplay has been predictable for so many years, dating back to the Terry Murray/Jamie Kompon era. Stand still in a regular formation, pass around the outside, try to get a point shot through and hope for the best.

• Unlike the Kings, other teams actually work the puck from down low, below the circles. Watching the Isles/Pens game, they setup from behind the net and find passes to the hashmarks and middle of the ice. The Kings never even attempt this.
  • The players are all tailor made to play a slow, sluggish, grinding hockey game. They aren't going to win games by outscoring opponents, their only method of winning is by shutting down opponents.

• Dean Lombardi needs to wake the **** up and address this team's weaknesses. They aren't going to magically flip a switch and figure things out. They need a player who isn't afraid to shoot the puck and they need front of the net presence. How often have we seen the Kings just float shots on net with no traffic, no second or third chances? Where is the hunger and desire to create havoc in front of the net? I am not seeing that from this group.

Didn't the back of the net used to be 99's office? Isn't that guy in town? Can the Kings steal him as a power play consultant?

That Pens power play was ****ing amazing. Even when shots missed the net they recovered them instead of watching a Muzzin slapshot go all the way into the defensive end.

Thought the game was pretty good. Can't keep taking stupid penalties. Shut the Ducks down most of the game. Scoring is an issue but really beating a dead horse right now with that.

Not sure a trade will help. The players are being ground down by this system. No fun, no creativity, no motivation. The players are not enjoying themselves. Which is fine but you get more out of people when they look forward to coming to work.

Edit: on Toffoli, It is a joke that in the Kings system Lewis has risen to the top line with Toffoli on the bench. Is Toffoli the best player ever? No, plenty of room for improvement. He probably does have the 2nd best shot on the team. When your system rewards the Lewis'es and benches Toffoli's there is a problem.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

He'd need a spot to play on with this team 1st, but yeah, he'd really excel given the right center and top six spot.

Ron*

Well, no ****. And we no longer are third in the league, so deal with the negativity around here. This team hasn't looked great since the 5-game winning streak.

Hey, you were the one who brought my name into the discussion, I was just innocently enjoying the game at the Honda Center when I read your crap.

As always, I fully expect the cherry-picking fair-weather fans such as yourself to bask in the enjoyment of a Stanley Cup championship sometime in the near future (hopefully), without ever acknowledging the train-wreck bull **** you cast about during the dog days of the season, which invariably happen EVERY season.

Just keep my name out of it next time. Thank you.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
He'd need a spot to play on with this team 1st, but yeah, he'd really excel given the right center and top six spot.

Well, it's obvious there is a gaping hole on this roster given the constant rotation of wingers we've seen being used in the top six. They fail to produce, so they put players who have historically produced in positions where they can't produce. Is Frattin really giving the team a better chance to win than Toffoli? I just don't get what the coaches or management is looking at sometimes.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I just refuse to buy the system garbage.....

These exact same players were fine with it for almost 50 games in 2012.

They had fun ,kiler instinct etc. Its the players job to create In the system ..

The system does not make players creative or attack center ice , or a PP function .

Its on the players to create their own offense and move their god d#$mm feet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad