#52 Kings = suck @ Ducks = unstoppable = 2-1 loss AGAIN !

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Williams would be the best player in any trade that went down....you would be trading the Kings best possession winger and second most producing winger, so we can see if Toffoli can match his production , which would likely not happen till Toffloi had 300 NHL games under his belt....Toffoli is also never going to posses the puck like williams.

That is the defenition of stupid.

If you have too have Toffoli in the top six....

Richards /Carter/Toffoli.

Its not like Richards is scoring goals at Center.

That's a sexy line.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
He's not doing **** at center. How much worse could he be on LW?

Hell it might get him going , he won't have to worry about playing any of that high F3 crap.....He sucks at it anyway this season.

King/Kopitar/Williams
Richards/carter/toffoli
Nolan/Vey/lewis
Clifford/Stoll/frattin

Last edited:

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
I'm tiring of all this Top-6 talk. Why can't it be a Top-9? Toffoli can be effective on the third line if he has good linemates. Stoll isn't gonna cut it though...we lose Stoll's hustle and faceoff ability and grit, but we potentially gain a playmaker to compliment Top Titty.

I want Brown back at RW if we land a skilled LW, but that leaves Williams out..... and I would keep Williams over Brown right now. Captain is just so off his game, it's sad to watch really. That ****ing contract....

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
Kopitar is on pace for a career low with more talented wingers....

Figure that one out.

And still on pace to have 10+ more points than next best King...

and if he would be on pace for his average, he would be close to 20+ more points than next King...

Last edited:

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
You don't pay a guy 8.4 million to be "cold" for half the season....

You don't pay a team $63,981,727 to be cold for much the season either. I wouldn't exactly say Richards wasn't doing **** given that he was one of our hottest forwards entering the game with 5 points in his last 3 games.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
You don't pay a guy 8.4 million to be "cold" for half the season....

You want Richards to break out of his slump? Let's reunite King-Richards-Toffoli. This way, we'll kill two birds with one stone. I just don't know why Sutter hasn't reunited these 3 guys back together.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
And suddenly the evening (morning) looks better. Where the Light Is is on Palladia right now. Time to enjoy my favorite guitarist and favorite live performance. I was there in person and had to buy the CD a second time because I wore out the first copy. Hoping the Kings find their mojo soon. I hate seeing so much talent struggle.

Time to wake up the neighbors.

KoopsKings

Sep 26, 2004
No matter who the kings acquire for more scoring, there has to be some sort of philosophy change. Every shift seems like it's chip it in, cycle, get it to the point, either a lame shot towards the net or back into the corner. Or throw it at the net from corner? Its ugly to watch. Seems as if teams have picked up on this and just keep us to the outside. The great scoring teams seem to have great passing plays. Set plays that open up someone in the slot or open up a Dman for a good chance. As for frattin, he showed some great skill in Toronto with their run and gun style of game. Creating off turnovers and on the rush. A style of game that you can win 5-3, but then lose 7-1. He just doesn't fit with our dump and chase/cycle game.

KingKopitar11*

Carter is getting everyone around him points. Any line without Carter won't produce points.

Kings need a lot more selfish players like him.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Carter is getting everyone around him points. Any line without Carter won't produce points.

Kings need a lot more selfish players like him.

The Kings need a lot more players with his shot. We need a better shooting mentality, we are hanging onto the puck for too long. They are constantly receiving the puck, stickhandling for a moment looking for a pass, and then giving up and trying to get it through traffic to be blocked or intercepted. Whenever Carter gets the puck he is looking to shoot immediately and isn't afraid to one-time it, but whenever anyone else gets it, they wait to see their options and then fire. He is the only player not hesitating. Our players need to change their reactions with the puck.

KingKopitar11*

The Kings need a lot more players with his shot. We need a better shooting mentality, we are hanging onto the puck for too long. They are constantly receiving the puck, stickhandling for a moment looking for a pass, and then giving up and trying to get it through traffic to be blocked or intercepted. Whenever Carter gets the puck he is looking to shoot immediately and isn't afraid to one-time it, but whenever anyone else gets it, they wait to see their options and then fire. He is the only player not hesitating. Our players need to change their reactions with the puck.

It doesn't help when you have players standing around expecting passes either. This team has a lot of fundamental problems. They don't play with any natural instinct.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Honestly, this board after a loss and in the middle of a slump is nearly unreadable. (Which I guess is universal and yes I do stay away from the GDT as much as possible)

So many lately act as if LA is the *** Oilers franchise.

As soon as LA breaks the slump and puts a few wins together it will be "plan the parade" again.

Be concerned about your team by all means, but really, trading the core isn't nor should happen.

Firing the coach when LA has had their 3rd best start in history isn't going to happen.

Guys are slumping or having down years=trade everyone.

I'm not a bang the drums drink the kool aid kind of guy but the negativity that seeps into every thread gets old.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Firing the coach when LA has had their 3rd best start in history isn't going to happen.

The Kings are only 12 games over .500 after 52 games. I'm no longer impressed about what a great start this team has had. They are in 6th place and 3 points away from 8th.

This is a team that SHOULD be challenging for a division title, period. Suggesting a major shake-up like firing the coach is absolutely warranted and shouldn't be void of discussion.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
The Kings are going to reach the WCF again.

Close game vs the highest ranked team in the league and 60% effort. Imagine a full 100% effort.

really looking forward to the playoffs again.

Hup Kings !

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
The Kings are only 12 games over .500 after 52 games. I'm no longer impressed about what a great start this team has had. They are in 6th place and 3 points away from 8th.

This is a team that SHOULD be challenging for a division title, period. Suggesting a major shake-up like firing the coach is absolutely warranted and shouldn't be void of discussion.

Firing a coach won't do anything. It's the oldest excuse in the book. Whenever **** gets rough, "FIRE THE COACH!"

This is all on the players.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
It's all about the breakout out of their zone imo. It's taking 3 to 4 guys to get it out, leaving only 1 or 2 guys to enter the zone, resulting in them being forced into dumping it in.

I hate it how they have the wings planted on the half boards in their own zone essentially leaving that winger out of any rush up the ice. ALl other teams have everyone moving so when they get the suck they are already moving.

Instead, the winger has to try and chip it to the center who is also below the dots. It just takes too much to get out and by that time teams already are just waiting for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad