OT: 50th Obsequious Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
House burglarized Monday, cat escapes. Captured Tuesday morning, bites me. Urgent Care gives antibiotics. In the ER today, and may have surgery this afternoon due to the bite. This week is killing me, and Friday is my birthday :(

Why did your cat bite you?

Has anybody ever noticed that girls with cats are either total *****es or super nice?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No offense, but everyone thinks they have that one awesome cat. Yours very well may be, but I've never met a cool cat.

Cats suck

No, he is though. He's converted many a non-cat fan.

Also, it could just be that cats don't like YOU, which has taken you down this dark anti-cat path lol.

:laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He's an indoor cat. Scared by dude breaking in, scared by being outside, etc. fight or flight instinct kicking in, unfortunately

When indoor cats get out, they are traumatized for a few days. My cat got out once thanks to a drunk friend. I found him in a neighbors basement after noticing their basement door was left wide open. He looked like he had been through hell and back and wasn't himself for a day or two.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Cats get a bad rap....while I prefer dogs (had them growing up) my personal cat that I had to put down about a year ago was cool and a great companion. Yeah he could be a little ******* sometimes but he's an animal and cats will never be completely domesticated.

Here is a recent article countering the argument that they are predatory by nature and secretly want to kill you.....

http://www.npr.org/sections/13.7/2015/11/12/455725899/your-cat-doesn-t-really-want-to-kill-you

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
My cat story:

The day my wife(then girlfriend) was supposed to move into my house, we awoke to find one of her cats dead in the living room. She had taken him to the vet the day before to get him shaved a bit due to the summer heat. He had a reaction to the meds(they put him under) hours later and we found him in the morning. Only 3 years old.

To wake up at 7, with the movers coming at 9 and having to deal with that what quite stressful and saddening for her. But that cat had the evil streak in him. He would look at you and you got the feeling he was thinking bad thoughts.

Needless to say, took the joy out of moving day.

But I will say, I have never been a cat person, but the 2 she has now are pretty cool. One is a persian, the other a ragdoll. Both play fetch with a ball. And the persian doesn't run up stairs, it hops. Funny to watch. Not a hint of evil at all.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
My dog is cool. But then again all REAL dogs are cool. Those little small rats? They're not dogs.

I have a 5 pound Chiweenie named Clawed Giroux.

He's REALLY awesome. He changed my opinion on small dogs.

I think dogs in general follow their human's personality

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't mind cats but I ****ing love dogs.

http://i.imgur.com/U3jpyIa.jpg

This is my dog who's a Black Lab and Vizsla mix. She's almost 4 years old and she's the smartest and wierdest dog I've ever seen. Looks like a black lab for the most part but she's a little smaller, has a slightly longer face, and a curly tail.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
No offense, but everyone thinks they have that one awesome cat. Yours very well may be, but I've never met a cool cat.

Cats suck

My cat isn't really awesome as she is just fluffy and loves being pet... but is a pretty demanding cat. But she does show a good bit of affection. She's also about... 15 years old and doesn't look it at all.

I think one of the reasons I like taking care of cats more than dogs is that they are more self-sufficient, but still can be loving little fluff balls.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My cat Dexter sleeps between my wife and I every night, on his back with stomach facing up to the ceiling no less. He even swings his right arm around her neck sometimes while he purrs and sleeps. He also loves music. Whenever I put on rock of any kind he sits next to it and listens. I'm a huge dog guy too. My parents have had chocolate labs my entire life but since I moved out I haven't had a dog yet.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Haha. Been a long long way since then.

Haha. Yeah. I remember the first year or two they struggled to even maintain the standards WON had established. They got it together though, and the addition of the store has taken it to another level. Especially for easily getting mods in games like Skyrim.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I hate cats. I have known too many vicious, untrustworthy, violent cats. The worst was one I lived with. The owner was blind to his many violent tendencies. Even as it was attacking her and the vet, and the vet was diagnosing him as brain damaged, she was laughing it off as having a "quirky" cat. She didn't think it unusual that she had to handle the creature with oven mitts. She thought we were all crazy for learning to despise the thing after we had given it every chance, and simply had grown tired of being attacked, scratched, bitten, etc.

One of my favorite days is still when she had a last minute thing come up, and asked if I could take the devilspawn to be neutered. As I drove along, gritting my teeth as it casually clawed my neck and head and occasionally tried to bite me, I was overjoyed to turn him over to have his balls lopped off and even paid for it myself. Most satisfying money I've spent.

That cat was the final straw that made me write off the whole species. I've closely known about a dozen cats in my life. 3 were great. 8 were awful; they were basically wild animals trapped in a house. The last one was an abomination. I've only know one bad dog, by comparison.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I've lived with 6 cats in my lifetime and only 1 was a ***** (one of those himalayans). She would let you pet her once and then she would bite you. Not just a grab but a "I'm gonna rip your finger off bite". The rest were pretty awesome.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
When I was living with the vicious demon, its owner often agreed to catsit one of her friend's cats. I have never, ever smelled a creature as foul. It was on par with a skunk, just constantly reeking. I had to go live on someone else's couch when it was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad