OT: 50th Obsequious Banter Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Guys I'm moving to the mays landing NJ area, new apartment next week. My Mom's husband passed so gonna help mom out she in a 55 community.

all though I work is in Mt Laurel still. so instead of 28m to work its now 40m to work so not too much further, and atleast I can put the tolls toward the gas so yea.

anyone know any decent bars, or places around Mays landing? i been on the ACXpressway many times, but never really stopped till i got to AC.

obvisously ill venture out and see for myself but if anyone knows the area on the good and not good places id appreciate it.

only decent thing is comcast actually is gonna extend my current plan for 2 years at 178.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Is anyone here still playing EHM? I plan on starting up again once TBL releases their roster update for the season. Will probably use TBL's "challenge" rules to make the game a more difficult.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Guys I'm moving to the mays landing NJ area, new apartment next week. My Mom's husband passed so gonna help mom out she in a 55 community.

all though I work is in Mt Laurel still. so instead of 28m to work its now 40m to work so not too much further, and atleast I can put the tolls toward the gas so yea.

anyone know any decent bars, or places around Mays landing? i been on the ACXpressway many times, but never really stopped till i got to AC.

obvisously ill venture out and see for myself but if anyone knows the area on the good and not good places id appreciate it.

only decent thing is comcast actually is gonna extend my current plan for 2 years at 178.

If ur willing to venture to Stone Harbor, Fred's is a pretty nice place to watch a game

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Woot woot. Land in Charlotte and an hour later I get a phone call from my credit card company to confirm charges. Yep, not made by me. $4,000 in stuff today. I've only used my credit card at three places in the last month and a half. All of the fraudulent purchases made in the Philadelphia area so more than likely a card reader.

And yesterday another one of my cards was hit for a bunch of stuff. I'm 99% convinced it was someone in the TSA.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
:laugh: That was so half hearted. Like what was he going to do jump on its tail so it could turn around and bite him? he was like 6 feet away from it when he jumped

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
What if the gator ran at him instead of away lol

Bg2LbU3CEAEiMCY.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They do, I have a house in ocean city, and the boulevard liquor on the way into 34th does the same thing, but who can blame them? OC is dry island and its the first place to go when you need it

My family has a house in Stone Harbor...I get my liquor either outside Salem in the middle of nowhere or in MD, also in the middle of nowhere. Those places keep the prices low.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
we are spending an outrageous amount of money on comcast, work is offering some good deals with verizon fios...anyone have an opinion either way on verizon's tv and internet service? I know all these companies are essentially awful when it comes to customer service, i've excepted that.

Any issues watching flyers games on nbcsn, csnphilly or tcn?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I have FIOS I cut the cord though so I can't comment on their TV. 100 MB Connection has been awesome for us. Fast as hell.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The buffalo chicken sandwich with jalapenos from Wawa destroyed my stomach. I am in shambles.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Came here to post that. That's both great and troubling at once, because I really think his final theory is very sound based on what Lucas has said and how the movies went.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly

Saw that posted on the entertainment forum last night and got a kick out of reading it.

While I do agree with the notion that Lucas had bigger plans for Jar Jar but scrapped them after TPM and subsequent fan reaction, I don't think it was going to be along the lines of a Yoda kinda reveal (hey this quirky little muppet is one of the most powerful/important beings in the galaxy) or Vader reveal.

The author said that Lucas wanted the prequels to mirror/rhyme with the original trilogy, and that's evident. I think Lucas wanted a foil to follow around the Jedi, a la C3PO in the original trilogy and decided Jar Jar was it. The problem turned out is that he overdid it. The points the author made about Jar Jar being adept at not getting shot were interesting, but I think I'll just chalk that up to the special effects/CGI guys wanting to show off a bit.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The best part is the voice actor said during an AMA a while back that Jar Jar's story was changed greatly.

He also had a tweet today saying "will say this, it feels really good when the hidden meaning behind the work is seen. No matter how long it takes. #TPM"

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Jar Jar being the Yoda to Anakin's Vader would've been...interesting.

And funny, since Obi Wan is still just Obi Wan, the guy who gets you started before someone more competent finishes the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad