OT: 50th Obsequious Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
What should I do for a pulled groin?

Definitely do not keep playing goalie until you tear it. Turns out that takes waaaay longer to heal and it is better just to take a few weeks off.

Rest is above all the most important step. Once you've done this and there isn't really anymore pain while trying to walk, then stretching is key to work it back into shape. There are a few different stretches that work, but anything that basically slowly "pulls" it to stretch it works, like lunges down to what I like to call the spider man, where you end up with your good leg bent and your previously hurt leg straight and butt pretty much touching the ground.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Booked my flight and bought tickets to the Flyers, Stars game in Dallas next month. With airfare and a ticket to the game, I spent less than $200. Looking forward to it!

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Did Philly start the "oooooooo" cheer that every fan base does now?

I remember it with Boosh and Hugh Douglas originally

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So I met a guy when I was in the hospital (I'm not dying, sorry to disappoint some of you :laugh:) and we ended up talking a bit about sports and how I'm a big hockey fan. He was there because apparently he has cancer and they've given a timetable of how long he can expect to live and he was getting an infusion of something. So he told me he was going to bring in some hockey cards for me if he sees me again the next time we'd both be there (today).

Turns out he brought me a box that must weight like 60 pounds (I'm guessing because it feels similar to my dog which weighs like 65).

These are just a few of the cards that have their values written on them, don't know how accurate they are but its still awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/ewptgFD.jpg

(the picture is too big to post here, just click the link instead if you want to see it)

The top middle one is a holographic Peter Forsberg card, the bottom left and bottom right cards are signed, the bottom middle is a sweater card, and there's also a Simon Gagne prospect card that I forgot to put in the picture. I haven't even looked at 10% of cards yet but there are some really awesome ones in here. I believe there's some Gretzky cards in here somewhere too since he said he doesn't follow hockey but he knows that name.

Pretty insane that a total stranger would do something so unbelievably nice.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
So I met a guy when I was in the hospital (I'm not dying, sorry to disappoint some of you :laugh:) and we ended up talking a bit about sports and how I'm a big hockey fan. He was there because apparently he has cancer and they've given a timetable of how long he can expect to live and he was getting an infusion of something. So he told me he was going to bring in some hockey cards for me if he sees me again the next time we'd both be there (today).

Turns out he brought me a box that must weight like 60 pounds (I'm guessing because it feels similar to my dog which weighs like 65).

These are just a few of the cards that have their values written on them, don't know how accurate they are but its still awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/ewptgFD.jpg

(the picture is too big to post here, just click the link instead if you want to see it)

The top middle one is a holographic Peter Forsberg card, the bottom left and bottom right cards are signed, the bottom middle is a sweater card, and there's also a Simon Gagne prospect card that I forgot to put in the picture. I haven't even looked at 10% of cards yet but there are some really awesome ones in here. I believe there's some Gretzky cards in here somewhere too since he said he doesn't follow hockey but he knows that name.

Pretty insane that a total stranger would do something so unbelievably nice.
lots of nice cards. That's pretty cool that dude would bring them for you.

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
House burglarized Monday, cat escapes. Captured Tuesday morning, bites me. Urgent Care gives antibiotics. In the ER today, and may have surgery this afternoon due to the bite. This week is killing me, and Friday is my birthday :(

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
House burglarized Monday, cat escapes. Captured Tuesday morning, bites me. Urgent Care gives antibiotics. In the ER today, and may have surgery this afternoon due to the bite. This week is killing me, and Friday is my birthday :(

No offense but **** cats dude.

Theyre not domesticated. Just miniature wild cats that are imprisoned in homes.

And happy birthday.

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's an impressive collection. He does that for other sports?

Yeah I think he was a really big collector of other things and the hockey cards were just gotten as throw ins or extras when he got stuff of other sports. He apparently used to make a lot of money by collecting things and he's a big football fan. Mixed in with all the hockey cards are a bunch of other sports cards too. Some baseball, basketball, even NASCAR. And everything is in amazing condition too, even though most aren't in protective sleeves.

I still can't believe he just gave it to me. Such a nice guy, I feel awful that his health is failing him.

Wow that sounds like one hell of a week. Hopefully you at least can have a good birthday. And good luck with that bite too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad