#50 KINGS lose to BRUINS 2-3 in Regulation, No Moral Victory Tonight

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Now I'm reminded why I'm infrequently checking out the post game threads. Fire Sutter? I don't think he's the reason why we have a number of forwards struggling to look like they have a pulse. Brown has had a crappy season, Williams has been very quiet of late, Lombardi's acquisition of a supposed top six forward in Matt Frattin has been a dud, Richards has had his ups and downs, as has Kopitar. Let's face it, offensively, this team isn't very deep and they've been quite the undisciplined group this season with the amount of penalties committed.

I blame the struggles of the powerplay on the same group of players this team has had for years that have continuously failed on special teams.

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
we all need to realize this team is **** in the regular season and hockey is played differently in the playoffs, and we are built for the playoffs. our regular seasons will always suck. after our great start it was bound to even out. this is the kings were talking about here. it sucks but its true.

i would also like to reiterate what kingkopitar11 has said about kopi. his offensive game has been destroyed by our style of play. to make a long story short he is like a robot in the offensive zone.

oh well as long as this team can perform in the playoffs than ultimately im ok with our team as it stands. but im worried we wont cant produce enough offensively like last year and i seriously doubt DL and DS will see a problem with that. but who knows...

2nd, 3rd line and Carter looked good tonight. brown waits to long to make a play in the attacking zone and kopi is kopi. guy needs to shoot more but he doesnt want to "force it". BS boudreau made getzlaf shoot the puck more to avoid more turnovers in the offensive zone which getzlaf was infamous for and now he has 5 more goals than jeff carter so far. kopi is a goal scorer more than a playmaker imo he just doesn't know it anymore.

*sigh*

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
maybe cause hes still a great player. if you think hes offensively playing to his potential ur crazy

also wheres his competition for top scorer on the team?

I think the point is that he's doing fine on this team. Would he score more on a more offensive minded team? Yes. So would everyone else on this team.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Get rid of Payne and the offense should pick up a little...

the same was said about getting rid of Kompon.

this is entirely on the players pulling their heads out of their ***** and playing. Drew said that himself two weeks ago iirc in a post game loss

Sutter needs to also reunite the lines in an effort to try ignite some excitement back into these guys

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Fire Kompon, fire Payne, fire the next guy to have the job. I think it's clear that the TM/DS/DL system has pummeled any offensive potential this team once had into the ground. It also doesn't help that half of these players are streaky, reliant on teammates, or have some other offensive weakness.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
You can't keep firing coaches ....at some point the players are responsible for play on the ice.

See Oilers .

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
The Oilers defense is a joke. Management needs to grow a pair of balls and acquire an elite defenseman. But maybe the draft in 2020 will have one, so keep tanking!

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Oilers defense is a joke. Management needs to grow a pair of balls and acquire an elite defenseman. But maybe the draft in 2020 will have one, so keep tanking!

Still doesn't take away from the fact that any coach can't get that group to compete and have some damn pride .

That is on the players ......

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Meh, bunch of kids. I don't trust that management at all. Especially Katz. When you write a letter to the fans asking them for more patience, what does one expect?

Would anyone agree Nolan got pounded by Lucic?

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Given the fact that Quick can single-handedly win a series, I'd be shocked if they were bumped in the first round. He won't let that happen. No player, regardless of position, is better in the playoffs than Jonathan Quick.

]

Crawford easily outplayed Quick in last year's WCF. All he had to do was not let in any weak goals, and that's just what he did. Quick did not have a good-to-great-to-awesome series, which is needed since this team can't score ****

just watched the marchand goal. :facepalm: same complaint as usual: Quick; get off your knees!! stand up, maybe try a poke check once in a while instead of flopping to the ice with your paddle down (which player's can easily get around).

The other 4 kings skaters watching marchand? you all sucked equally as well. :shakehead weakest goal in a while...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Crawford easily outplayed Quick in last year's WCF. All he had to do was not let in any weak goals, and that's just what he did. Quick did not have a good-to-great-to-awesome series, which is needed since this team can't score ****

just watched the marchand goal. :facepalm: same complaint as usual: Quick; get off your knees!! stand up, maybe try a poke check once in a while instead of flopping to the ice with your paddle down (which player's can easily get around).

The other 4 kings skaters watching marchand? you all sucked equally as well. :shakehead weakest goal in a while...

Most embarrassing for sure. Every King on the ice got exposed by a lack of effort and brain farts while Marchand just out-chugged everyone plain and simple. I'm hoping that one lingers in their minds because it was the first time since before Terry Murray I've seen something that was that bad for being both mentally AND physically soft.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Most embarrassing for sure. Every King on the ice got exposed by a lack of effort and brain farts while Marchand just out-chugged everyone plain and simple. I'm hoping that one lingers in their minds because it was the first time since before Terry Murray I've seen something that was that bad for being both mentally AND physically soft.

Yeah, that play was as bad a mental breakdown we've seen in years. Carter tried to clear the puck away not knowing where Marchand was and put it right onto his stick. The best think to do on that play was just to hold onto it and keep control. Marchand would've never gotten that second chance without everyone running around trying to get rid of the puck.:shakehead

Doughty stick should've gotten an assist too. That puck just followed the shaft of the stick all the way into the goal crease.

Last edited:

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
It was a fun third. I'm concerned again with Brown. He's on full spectator mode when he doesn't have the puck and when he does his turnover % is through the roof. On the second PP Kopitar was getting molested on the boards by two guys and Brown was just watching for 8 seconds. Sure he was was wide open in the slot so I understand not supporting, but Kopitar somehow got the puck right to Brown and brown had no clue the puck was coming. Stick in the air and didn't even react until the puck hit the boards behind him. I can only imagine what that dolt was thinking. Probably thinking of dinosaurs.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I'll go out on a limb and guess they would score more goals and play worse defense.

Sutter (and to some extent, TM) brought this team a Cup after 45 FREAKING YEARS of waiting and you want to get rid of him a season and a half later?

Exactly, because i don't want to wait another 45 years for the next one.

And if we are honest, we admit that the Kings won the cup because they DIDN`T play Sutter hockey......

man.... sometimes i wish we wouldn`t have won the cup.
I`m tired of `he won the cup for us`
He is running the team into the ground and the memory's are fading.
That is the reality

KingKopitar11*

And if we are honest, we admit that the Kings won the cup because they DIDN`T play Sutter hockey......

That is the reality

To be honest I agree to an extent, they weren't playing Sutter hockey.

I think he's a decent coach thought but not as good as people make him out to be on here.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

That is the reality

No, the reality is that DL has botched a few high draft picks, so Sutter is stuck with a less than stellar group of offensive players. Sutter came along at just the right time to extract all the talent he could out of a good group of players and they shot thru the playoffs and grabbed the Cup.

Well, the Kings game isn't surprising anyone any more. This team was in severe need of scoring when DS was brought in, and they are still in need of scoring - that's NOT his fault.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Sutter always has been a coach with a shelf life. I don't think it's time to replace him, though, good lord. And plus, when we reach the time that Sutter needs to be replaced, Lombardi is probably going with him.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005

That is the reality

Just WOW. I think this post epitomizes this board more than any other.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP

Through 50 games, Kings 6 pts behind Sharks for 2nd in Pacific and look like a first round eliminator unless something significantly changes

To quote Yoda " So certain are you, mmm"

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Sutter always has been a coach with a shelf life. I don't think it's time to replace him, though, good lord. And plus, when we reach the time that Sutter needs to be replaced, Lombardi is probably going with him.

Didn't he only sign a 2 year extension?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad