#50 KINGS lose to BRUINS 2-3 in Regulation, No Moral Victory Tonight

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Playing against a back up goalie and a team that played a tough game yesterday afternoon mid-continent, you'd think the Kings would have won 2-1: 2-1 cause I never expect them to score more than 2 goals. Richards had another good game, assist on the first goal and setting up the second to Kopitar, Doughty and partial distraction on the goalie for Carter's shot. Still think he'll get over 60 points and 15 goals. Unfortunately, no matter how well he and some others may play, there appears to be something missing since the line-up changes a while back. I wish Sutter, or somebody in authority, would pick up on it the way the rest of us do.

They may have picked up on it but they may not be able to correct it. We are hindered by the cap, and as easy as it is to say the kings should pick up XYZ player, bottom line is that player may not be available, or may cost more than the kings can fit in or give away.
That being said I want Marchand!!:sarcasm:

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I know Quick would want the second goal back for sure, but he's gonna give some of those up. Kings gotta support their goalie better.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hopefully Marchand re-taught some of our players how to earn it today. Their goals were just outworking our Pejorative Slurery.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Mitchell really stepped up today, Hope he keeps it up.

To be honest, he along with the other dmen were all **** today. Muzzin couldn't connect a pass to save his life, we would be better having a pylon on the ice than RR, Doughty with one of his worse games in his career.

Kopi - no goals in his last 8
Williams 1 goal in his last 11
King - No goals in his last 14
Stoll - 1 goal in his last last 12
Richards 1 goal in his last forever
Clifford 1 goal in his last 17.
Muzzin 2 goals in his last 42 games. (why the **** is he playing so much? if he's not scoring, he's worthless).

Lewis has more goals in the last 5 games than any other player not named Carter. Simply pathetic.

I could go all the way down the list, but how Sutter can f'ing justify at least not letting the kids play, or shaking up the top line is beyond me. It's a cluster **** of a lineup. The only guy scoring on a regular basis is Carter. CHANGE THE GOD DAMN LINES UP.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
I love how there's no time left and kopitar passes to Mitchel. How ****ing disgusting.

I'd be surprised if we make the playoffs. If we keep going like this Wed be lucky to hit a wild card.

When was the last time you thought something might happen with the puck on Kopitar's stick? Don't get me wrong the guy is excellent in his own zone, transition, puck protection and cycling. But he really completely gave up on trying to create anything offensively for himself, his offensive zone play can be summed up in gain the zone, skate behind the net, pass back to the point. Rinse and repeat. There's hardly a forward in this league that spends as much time with the puck on his stick and his back turned towards the net as Kopitar does. I doubt you'll ever see assertiveness in the offensive zone out of him, just not in his DNA. Great great player, still quite frustrating to watch when he goes through his cold spells.

KingKopitar11*

I know Quick would want the second goal back for sure, but he's gonna give some of those up. Kings gotta support their goalie better.

Yeah agreed, bad goal. But yeah, I hate how much we rely on goaltending. We can never ****ing bail out Quick. It's sad. I hope we make the playoffs. We are gonna go no where real soon with this kind of play. It always breaks my heart seeing how bad Kopitar has become. I will never forget his first few seasons in the NHL. Dude was all instinct, now that part of his game is gone. ****ing TM ruined Kopitar.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
image.png

3r8pyp.jpg

zygi%20wilf%20fire%20everyone.jpg

chicken-little-ouat.jpg

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
This team is really painful to watch, there are too many problems and it's not getting resolved.

I, for one, am happy not going to the outdoor game, that is not going to be pretty.

KingKopitar11*

When was the last time you thought something might happen with the puck on Kopitar's stick? Don't get me wrong the guy is excellent in his own zone, transition, puck protection and cycling. But he really completely gave up on trying to create anything offensively for himself, his offensive zone play can be summed up in gain the zone, skate behind the net, pass back to the point. Rinse and repeat. There's hardly a forward in this league that spends as much time with the puck on his stick and his back turned towards the net as Kopitar does. I doubt you'll ever see assertiveness in the offensive zone out of him, just not in his DNA. Great great player, still quite frustrating to watch when he goes through his cold spells.

He had that before Terry Murray. It was in his DNA.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Ultimately, these guys gotta work on their communication. I see these guys not even looking to get passed to and then suddenly the puck is tossed in their direction and it's a turnover. Some guys are looking to get passed to and nothing comes their way. Too much stick handling. Too much uncertainty. They gotta play more as a team. The PP goal by Carter was a brief flash of the team functioning as a single unit. That's how they have to play if they want to get back to winning more games than losing.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
Quick will lead USA to the promised land.

(OT I know) But i may have said this before, imagine if Carter were to have a son and in the future he somehow started to date Quick's daughter and that capability to score and block carried on through to the kids.:laugh:

Back on topic, Should i watch the highlights to this game when i get home tonight?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Is 2014 draft any good should we start failing! Anyways I'm starting to get sick of Kopi's play what has happened to this guy. Yeah his defense is good but man you're also suppose to be our best offensive guy. Sheesh shoot the EFFIN puck!

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
Is 2014 draft any good should we start failing! Anyways I'm starting to get sick of Kopi's play what has happened to this guy. Yeah his defense is good but man you're also suppose to be our best offensive guy. Sheesh shoot the EFFIN puck!

could he be saving them to carry Slovenia in the Olympics?:shakehead

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Apparently Doughty cut his foot and needed stitched before the game? Fun.

That's a long way from his brain, though :laugh:

...ugh. Still grouchy.

KingKopitar11*

TM happened. A young rookie fell into the hands of TM and shoved defense down his throat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad