#50 KINGS lose to BRUINS 2-3 in Regulation, No Moral Victory Tonight

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Is 2014 draft any good should we start failing! Anyways I'm starting to get sick of Kopi's play what has happened to this guy. Yeah his defense is good but man you're also suppose to be our best offensive guy. Sheesh shoot the EFFIN puck!

ignore

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think our top lines are playing fine. Our bottom six is a mess, there is no offensive help from them and the team ships in goals while they're on the ice. It's a big problem. In the rare event that we get help from the bottom six, the Kings usually win.

The Bruins on the other hand always get help from the bottom six in some fashion. Everyone has a role that they play to their maximum, their players are more efficient, and that's why they lead the East. I didn't expect to win this game, but it pisses me off that we should have four points from these three games and wound up with three instead. The way the Kings have been playing lately, that may mean something later this season when positioning becomes a factor.

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North

Yikes- Kopitar's just going through a very bad stretch; he probably misses Williams and Brown as much as Richards misses Carter (and vice versa). I don't think he's quite at the stage where a trade would help him or the Kings (unless Gretzky at his prime was available maybe).

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
King has vanished since he's been removed from the top line, I barely remember seeing him today. I wish they'd reunite the top line and put Carter/Richards and whoever on LW, they have more chemistry than Kopi/Carter.

Only Doughty would slice his foot with his skate in the locker room! He still seemed to be on the ice more than he was off.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
ok...seems odd with such a bold claim as "all 50 of their fans". You know some make the claim against LA and it pisses me right off when they do.

I should have added :sarcasm:

Yeah it annoys me, but so do Jacket fans ;)

It always seem like it's half empty when the Kings play there.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

KingKopitar11*

We can make a few trades before the deadline that can really help this team get some energy and speed. People saying the cap guys!!!?! yeah it's not impossible. That's why they are GMs.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
More like a swift boot to the ass...

Preferably that.

It's actually a pretty fair claim. just looked it up and they are averaging the second worse % in the league.
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homePct
I think this is from when they sucked at the start of the year. Hopefully they are having better success filling seats.

I would assume a city like Columbus would pull good crowds, but I guess not. Hell, the Buckeyes pull better crowds to their hockey games probably.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
We can make a few trades before the deadline that can really help this team get some energy and speed. People saying the cap guys!!!?! yeah it's not impossible. That's why they are GMs.

I agree it is not impossible but it does mean that players with salary have to be going back. Also it may mean that a big acquisition may not be as easy to fit in.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I would assume a city like Columbus would pull good crowds, but I guess not. Hell, the Buckeyes pull better crowds to their hockey games probably.

Some places just prefer college sports. I never understand why you couldn't support both pro and college level as much?

I'd like to switch up the lines but I think the defense played pretty awful today and that didn't help. Mitchell was good but Muzzin and Regehr took bad penalties, AMart and Voynov were just kind of there, and Doughty wasn't himself.

KingKopitar11*

I agree it is not impossible but it does mean that players with salary have to be going back. Also it may mean that a big acquisition may not be as easy to fit in.

The only top 6 forward that's expendable realistically is Williams because of Toffoli.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
No he isn't. He's a possession beast.

Some places just prefer college sports. I never understand why you couldn't support both pro and college level as much?

I'd like to switch up the lines but I think the defense played pretty awful today and that didn't help. Mitchell was good but Muzzin and Regehr took bad penalties, AMart and Voynov were just kind of there, and Doughty wasn't himself.

Yeah. I'll be honest too, the college crowds (especially the student sections) annoy the hell out of me.

KingKopitar11*

It's kind of useless when no one is trying to score and can score. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

It's sacrifice for an upgrade. Bottom line, Toffoli is a top 6 right winger.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Anybody else worry about KingKopitar11...?

the_thinking_man_114235.jpg

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Anyways I'm starting to get sick of Kopi's play what has happened to this guy. Yeah his defense is good but man you're also suppose to be our best offensive guy. Sheesh shoot the EFFIN puck!

a couple of seasons ago, I actually had visions of Kopi being a 40 goal scorer (or even 50 - why not be greedy!!)

Re today's "effort," I choose to look at the bright side: my evening tonight is wide open and stress-free. :)

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Team got out worked..…..Kopitar is in a slump, January is tough sleding , break will be good for the Kings provided no one gets hurt.

March is a cup cake schedule for the Kings they need to take advantage of.

Williams is not going anywhere, he is one of the best wingers in the league .

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I like Sutter. I think he's an excellent coach, and I don't think any of us can criticize his hiring considering the teams' playoff success under him. But I do wonder if the team needs a different coach in order to develop their offensive game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00