#50 KINGS lose to BRUINS 2-3 in Regulation, No Moral Victory Tonight

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I like Sutter. I think he's an excellent coach, and I don't think any of us can criticize his hiring considering the teams' playoff success under him. But I do wonder if the team needs a different coach in order to develop their offensive game.

It's just tough because as good as our team is at executing possession, they will never err on the side of offense. It's painful. The Blues and bruins play similar styles but they'll at least take it to the net and try cross-crease passes.

i'm hoping it's just the dog days of the season and there will be a turnaround, and maybe Marchand outworking our whole team will be clockwork-oranged into their heads, but right now, things are looking miserable.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
It's just tough because as good as our team is at executing possession, they will never err on the side of offense. It's painful. The Blues and bruins play similar styles but they'll at least take it to the net and try cross-crease passes.

i'm hoping it's just the dog days of the season and there will be a turnaround, and maybe Marchand outworking our whole team will be clockwork-oranged into their heads, but right now, things are looking miserable.

The Blues are the best offensive team in the league and that shocks me. Still don't see them winning the Cup, though.

KingKopitar11*

Mark Morris runs a more offensive style right?

I like Sutter too, but I think the addition of Carter had the biggest role of why we won the Cup. A lot of people were disappointed of the hiring, and I think this season is showing why, because it's a lot like TM.

I think Morris would be a great coach for the Kings, and it'd help Anze alot imo. Morris seems to understands forwards really well.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The Kings are in a playoff position right now. You gotta be stoned if you're talking about a coaching change right now.

KingKopitar11*

Lol you guys are talking about a coaching change.

Not really, hypothetically how this team would perform with more of an offensive coach. It's not a shocking topic when your team is one of the worst offensive teams in the league lol.

KingKopitar11*

How many points would Kopitar put on the Sharks or Hawks, even Anaheim if he was number one center? Just out of curiosity to see how many goals and assists people would think he would have.

KingKopitar11*

This is interesting, anyone hear about how Ron Wilson wants to get back into hockey, how about hiring him for offensive coach with Sutter? One is known for their offense the other for defense. It'd be a good mix to have right?

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
:laugh: Sutter isn't getting fired....

Since he became the head coach. The Kings are the best playoff team in the NHL! In fact nobody is even close to being as good as the Kings! The teams closest to the Kings are the Blackhawks and Bruins, both have played 2 less rounds of playoff hockey. And the Bruins don't even have a cup to show for it!

The offensive is frustrating as hell! But, as long as we keep showing up in the playoffs. Sutter keeps on being the coach.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Not really, hypothetically how this team would perform with more of an offensive coach.

I'll go out on a limb and guess they would score more goals and play worse defense.

Sutter (and to some extent, TM) brought this team a Cup after 45 FREAKING YEARS of waiting and you want to get rid of him a season and a half later?

KingKopitar11*

I'll go out on a limb and guess they would score more goals and play worse defense.

Sutter (and to some extent, TM) brought this team a Cup after 45 FREAKING YEARS of waiting and you want to get rid of him a season and a half later?

You know what hypothetical means right? Just speculating how we'd do under a different coach.:shakehead

Lol I'm reading the thread on nationals when we fired TM and it's funny how pissed Avs fans were that Sacco wasn't fired yet :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I certainly don't want to get rid of Sutter, and the players are the ones that need to perform; I also don't think a trade magically vaults our offense to more-than-respectable. I think Sutter will have to make tweaks to the system and I think this year in the playoffs will be really telling as to what we are working with.

Sutterhockey played the right way over 82 games has to be draining. We saw how awesome it could be short-term in 2012 and we saw a team hanging on for dear life using it in 2013. I just hope we have enough juice to secure a playoff spot and see what happens from there.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I certainly don't want to get rid of Sutter, and the players are the ones that need to perform; I also don't think a trade magically vaults our offense to more-than-respectable. I think Sutter will have to make tweaks to the system and I think this year in the playoffs will be really telling as to what we are working with.

Sutterhockey played the right way over 82 games has to be draining. We saw how awesome it could be short-term in 2012 and we saw a team hanging on for dear life using it in 2013. I just hope we have enough juice to secure a playoff spot and see what happens from there.

I don't see this team making a first round exit. If the Blues can take out the Blackhawks I see us going to the Finals.

KingKopitar11*

I don't see this team making a first round exit. If the Blues can take out the Blackhawks I see us going to the Finals.

The Blues won't win the hawks. Not with that goaltending. Toews and Kane/ Hossa will consistently be smacking Halak in the playoffs.

KingKopitar11*

This is what I think the biggest issue is, another reason why players have a hard time adjusting to the king system. It's grueling and very energy demanding which is why the Kings need faster skaters to retrieve the puck quickly and rush up the ice faster. But If that doesn't happen, I think the wingers should hang higher on defense imo. I think the wingers are too involved on defense.

Aren't they undefeated against Chicago? 4-0 I believe.

Yeah, I think so. If Reaves and Co. don't wreck chicagos top 6 they might stand a chance. But the hawks play another gear in the playoffs.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Glad someone appreciates it :D

That angry face was all over twitter last night. Nothing like talking about yourself and trash talking another player just moments after your team wins and is going to the Super bowl. I was expecting Erin Andrews to ask him "You do know you're going to the Super Bowl, right? With him replying " F the Super Bowl, this is about me woman" :laugh:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Given the fact that Quick can single-handedly win a series, I'd be shocked if they were bumped in the first round. He won't let that happen. No player, regardless of position, is better in the playoffs than Jonathan Quick.

That angry face was all over twitter last night. Nothing like talking about yourself and trash talking another player just moments after your team is going to the Super bowl. I was expecting Erin Andrews to ask him "You do know you're going to the Super Bowl, right? With him replying " F the Super Bowl, this is about me woman" :laugh:

Richard-Sherman-326x235.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad