#50 KINGS lose to BRUINS 2-3 in Regulation, No Moral Victory Tonight

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Stopped reading after the bolded part.

Jesus H. Christ, what kind of fan wishes they HADN'T won the cup? OMG SMH LOL etc.

yeah, that is literally jumping the shark.

We can, and do, disagree on many things, but winning the Stanley Cup should be universally accepted by EVERY Kings fans as something pretty freakin' awesome!!!!!. no?

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he forgot to add the :sarcasm: thingy

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Bruins must've really enjoyed seeing Miller make Dustin Brown look like a minor league call up who just got in his first game.

https://twitter.com/murphyslaw74/status/425765260952219649
@MurphysLaw74: Per Bruins PR, the Bruins have signed Kevan Miller to 2 yr, one-way contract through the 2015-16 season with annual cap hit of $800,000.

I had no qualms watching Brown get demolished, but it shows you how neutered he is when you see zero response from Brown when Miller decked him a couple of times with some big hits.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
The Bruins must've really enjoyed seeing Miller make Dustin Brown look like a minor league call up who just got in his first game.

https://twitter.com/murphyslaw74/status/425765260952219649

I had no qualms watching Brown get demolished, but it shows you how neutered he is when you see zero response from Brown when Miller decked him a couple of times with some big hits.

I've got qualms with it. Lean in on a guy sure, but you shouldn't be able to blast a guy in the chest when the puck is 10 feet away. Should have been interference, IMO, and i would expect it called interference if the roles were reversed as well.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I've got qualms with it. Lean in on a guy sure, but you shouldn't be able to blast a guy in the chest when the puck is 10 feet away. Should have been interference, IMO, and i would expect it called interference if the roles were reversed as well.

That's a beef with the officials though. Miller didn't cross any boundaries in my mind. I'm more upset by the lack of response from the captain who decided to crawl under a shell.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
That's a beef with the officials though. Miller didn't cross any boundaries in my mind. I'm more upset by the lack of response from the captain who decided to crawl under a shell.

Oh of course, but of all the things to rag on Brown about, I don't think that's one of them. He's taken some big hits in his time, and it's one of the things you can really respect about the guy. He understands that hitting is part of the game and doesn't act like a ***** when he's on the receiving end. He just gets up and moves on. I don't think anything would have been served by him taking a roughing call in the O zone for a "clean" (according to the officials anyway) hit.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Oh of course, but of all the things to rag on Brown about, I don't think that's one of them. He's taken some big hits in his time, and it's one of the things you can really respect about the guy. He understands that hitting is part of the game and doesn't act like a ***** when he's on the receiving end. He just gets up and moves on. I don't think anything would have been served by him taking a roughing call in the O zone for a "clean" (according to the officials anyway) hit.

Oh I agree, by a response I was inferring to him hitting back harder, but with a clean check, or responding offensively like he did against Vancouver. Was hoping the hits got that type of response, with a captain taking charge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad