#50 KINGS lose to BRUINS 2-3 in Regulation, No Moral Victory Tonight

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Sutter always has been a coach with a shelf life. I don't think it's time to replace him, though, good lord. And plus, when we reach the time that Sutter needs to be replaced, Lombardi is probably going with him.

The Kings without Dean Lombardi is a weird thought.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I enjoy TFP from a gossip standpoint. It's neat to spend a couple minutes browsing Twitter thinking 'Hmmmm what if X player was on the Kings?' Then I pull my head out of my rear and realize that 99.9% of their speculation is just that. If they got paid on which rumors they penned that actually panned out, they'd have to find a new career.

And the Kings are better than the Sharks.

The Kings without Dean Lombardi is a weird thought.

Yeah very weird because we'd go back to being a mediocre managed team. Dean is the best GM the Kings have ever had and it's not even close. Dean's collective body of work is phenomenal. Sure he has made some head scratcher moves in hindsight - specifically in the first round - but besides that, he's been perfect.

dogyekcoh*

I wish someone would play that gif of Marchand's shorthanded goal in the Kings's locker room to show the Olympians how great they look as a bunch of high price pylons.
Doughty, Carter and Kopitar. Poor Quick!
Muzzin "Deer in a Headlight" got a pass on this one. It wasn't his fault. We had enough players back, but all 3 were just stand there, strike a pose while showing their half ass stick works and efforts.
:shakehead

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I don't get how someone can call that GOTY. Every player on the ice in a Kings sweater not named Quick quit on the play. Embarrassing to watch. I'd bench them all after that ******** if it weren't for them being the only players that can score a goal.

dogyekcoh*

Nope. :laugh:

Gotta say though, Carter is money.

Yep! he sure looks really good with that pass to Marchand.
What an assist! BTW, is that his second assist this year?

Team Canada will be in big trouble if Carter and Doughty playing this way at the Olympic.

Ron*

Exactly, because i don't want to wait another 45 years for the next one.

And if we are honest, we admit that the Kings won the cup because they DIDN`T play Sutter hockey......

man.... sometimes i wish we wouldn`t have won the cup.
I`m tired of `he won the cup for us`
He is running the team into the ground and the memory's are fading.
That is the reality

Stopped reading after the bolded part.

Jesus H. Christ, what kind of fan wishes they HADN'T won the cup? OMG SMH LOL etc.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Yep! he sure looks really good with that pass to Marchand.
What an assist! BTW, is that his second assist this year?

Team Canada will be in big trouble if Carter and Doughty playing this way at the Olympic.

You're right.

Trade him.

Maybe we can get some washed up vet for him.

dogyekcoh*

You're right.

Trade him.

Maybe we can get some washed up vet for him.

lol! No I wouldn't want that. I am just a little frustrated from this kind of game. Especially, when we know how good they can be.
I really do think we need a new Captain. A Captain who would be livid at this kind of effort. Instead of the same yada, yada, it just one game... Parked it and move on to the next.
Soon enough this will became the Kings' culture and identity. I hope this will not happen.

HolyShot*

Now I'm reminded why I'm infrequently checking out the post game threads. Fire Sutter? I don't think he's the reason why we have a number of forwards struggling to look like they have a pulse. Brown has had a crappy season, Williams has been very quiet of late, Lombardi's acquisition of a supposed top six forward in Matt Frattin has been a dud, Richards has had his ups and downs, as has Kopitar. Let's face it, offensively, this team isn't very deep and they've been quite the undisciplined group this season with the amount of penalties committed.

I blame the struggles of the powerplay on the same group of players this team has had for years that have continuously failed on special teams.

You're wrong. Its partly the system and partly that we don't have a legit top line lw. If we get the rite chemistry going, the offense will get there, but sutter has to adjust the game plan. I agree that we do need a personnel change but it won't matter much until sutter tweaks the system.

KingKopitar11*

Carter and Doughty are great player, in a great Team like Canada, and a great coach, they will do amazing.
Watch them tear it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

HolyShot*

A guy I would like to see playing for the kings is dustin penner. Guy has pretty good puck skills and is big. Hed be a good complement to kopitar and williams.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
To be honest I agree to an extent, they weren't playing Sutter hockey.

I think he's a decent coach thought but not as good as people make him out to be on here.

Look at Dave Tippett this year. Look at Paul MacLean. I think Red Wing fans aren't always in love with Babcock. It always depends on context. If a team is winning, the players and coaches are really good. If a team is not winning, the same players and the same coaches aren't so good anymore.

If the players weren't playing Sutter hockey when they won the Cup, what were they doing? Just out there doing whatever they wanted? Why aren't they doing that now?

KingKopitar11*

Look at Dave Tippett this year. Look at Paul MacLean. I think Red Wing fans aren't always in love with Babcock. It always depends on context. If a team is winning, the players and coaches are really good. If a team is not winning, the same players and the same coaches aren't so good anymore.

If the players weren't playing Sutter hockey when they won the Cup, what were they doing? Just out there doing whatever they wanted? Why aren't they doing that now?

Because there was enough time to establish a new system that late into the season. It can be a number of things. I think it was basically DL tearing into the players, and Jeff Carter. Nothing else really. It's not surprising the best hockey we played was during the cup run and we never had the same team after that. I know people just want to give credit to Sutter cause he was with us for our first cup. But I think it was 70% players playing their ass off because finally TM left, they played offense extremely well, watch the games look how deep are wingers are before an attack, and look at the pressure in the neutral zone on top, never did we do that again after the cup. 70% players 30% Coach. I understand why people defend him a lot, but I think his role wasn't really big to us winning a cup. Why are wettalking about this anyways lol, who cares :).

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
A guy I would like to see playing for the kings is dustin penner. Guy has pretty good puck skills and is big. Hed be a good complement to kopitar and williams.

I liked playoff Penner and enjoyed following him on Twitter. There were long stretches of games where he would not move his feet which made him look lazy, and which frustrated the **** out of me.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I think the Kings played a hell of a game in the 3rd period. Also the fact they are capable to turn around 2-0 into 2-2 in an away game vs Boston speak volumes.

Kings have some issues but I'm not negative.

This team will win a 7 game series against 92.2% of the teams in this league. WCF here we come.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think the Kings played a hell of a game in the 3rd period. Also the fact they are capable to turn around 2-0 into 2-2 in an away game vs Boston speak volumes.

Kings have some issues but I'm not negative.

This team will win a 7 game series against 92.2% of the teams in this league. WCF here we come.

Very true. Just too little too late after a poor effort on the other goals against. But you know, if this game were plopped into a winning streak, I guess I wouldn't be mad about it...we'd be talking about how this is a typical day game and so on.

Like I said before, I'm sure the Olympians were upset about getting posterized by hard work on the Marchand goal and I'm sure they'll shape up for tonight.

This board is something else. Reading the GDT's during the games is about as priceless as it gets. You guys nit pick every play, every decision made by a coach and are often way off base. I was reading comments in the GDT during the St. Louis game and all that is there is a bunch of whining about how the system and/or players suck and the Kings are going to lose. That was the same **** I was reading yesterday and was ready for them to make a come back (which they did and immediately blew). This is the largely the same personnel and system that won the Kings the Stanley Cup. If I'm not mistaken, the Kings were in the top half (maybe third) of the league in GF about 30 games into this season. Mike Richards was at almost PPG pace 30 games in and the Kings had their best point accumulation through December in the HISTORY OF THE F-N ORGANIZATION. You guys are bat **** crazy with "fire this, trade that". The team has hit a rough patch and while there are definite short comings on the roster, the team is a contender.

Coming into this season my biggest concern was with defense given the personnel the Kings had. Now Dustin Brown is having a career worst season and lots of the Kings players are struggling offensively. They are struggling in the same system that made them the highest scoring team down the stretch in 2012 and right through the playoffs. The same system that had them in the top 10 in GF last year.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Stopped reading after the bolded part.

Jesus H. Christ, what kind of fan wishes they HADN'T won the cup? OMG SMH LOL etc.

Quite possibly the most insane thing I've ever read on here, and that's saying something. "I wish we were still the perennial losers we've always been." Yeesh.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00