GDT: 4/7/18 - New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: The Last Supper Edition. RIP 2017-18 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
question time, did he do this on purpose? I'm leaning towards no

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No it isn't, considering he's getting canned next week. All of the "is he the right guy for a rebuild" is just nice wording for a mutual parting of ways. It's Gorton's rebuild, mandated by Dolan.
Gorton thought this team was competing when he signed Shattenkirk and he allowed a team coached by AV to convince him otherwise.

And he flip flopped from buying to selling and never even thought to try another coach. Huge oversight. No confidence in him.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
aeb4d945648629.5837b65ff4037.gif

AHL's fastest skater lol

Reactions: JRinNYC and Tob

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He doesn't. He hated McDonagh. He's just complaining because he's angry and nothing is good enough short of him being the President, GM, and HC of the New York Rangers himself.

Never hated McDonagh and made probably a thousand posts on here in favor of keeping him.

You're straight up making things up.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Don't sleep on how a new coach would have helped this team before they gutted the team.

This is AV's rebuild and that bothers me.

Yep. It was a travesty that Gorton nuked this team and before firing AV and seeing what a new coach could have done with the core .

Keep in mind nearly every player on the team regressed and their point totals were well below the past few years.

And the fact Miller got traded and then all the nonsense about how uncoachable he is might be a sign that AV won out and is still being factored into decisions that have a major impact on the future.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Gorton thought this team was competing when he signed Shattenkirk and he allowed a team coached by AV to convince him otherwise.

And he flip flopped from buying to selling and never even thought to try another coach. Huge oversight. No confidence in him.
No coaches were fired this season. I'm telling you, just relax and be patient. No need to get worked up; think of today as a giant zit coming to a head that's finally gonna be popped. The infection will be gone and begin healing next week.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017

This was a competitive team then Shattenkirk and Kreider got hurt. AV didn't help then things got out of hand because the players knew a shakeup was happening. I think Gorton played it as best as he could.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

No, he thought they could rebuild on the fly. The team sucking in the middle of the season made him realize it wasn’t possible.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No coaches were fired this season. I'm telling you, just relax and be patient. No need to get worked up; think of today as a giant zit coming to a head that's finally gonna be popped. The infection will be gone and begin healing next week.

What if it doesn't heal? What if we become Florida, Edmonton, the Islanders.

Everyone blindly assumes our rebuild will be a good one.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I did. Absolutely.

We have no realistic replacement.

What if the rebuild works and we're ready to contend in three years, and Brady Skjei is still our best defenseman?
Uh, then either after a sophomore slump, Brady Skjei continued to progress to become a damn fine defenseman or we aren't actually ready to contend?

You're complaining because the team really just committed to a full-on rebuild a few months back and you don't clearly see all the pieces already in place? C'mon...

Reactions: jas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad