GDT: 4/7/18 - New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: The Last Supper Edition. RIP 2017-18 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
We don't have a direction.

We have a direction when there's tangible bodies in the system and we have a highly ranked farm system.

Right now, we're taking the very first step on what could be an absolute dumpster fire of a rebuild. 50-50 proposition. Better chance as of today to end up Edmonton than to end up Pittsburgh. And everyone is giddy about it.

What future?? We have a bottom 10 farm system. Call in me two years, but right now, there's zero to be happy about. We just humiliated ourselves for 82 games.
This sums up my feelings on this shit season as well.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
If AV comes back I wont.

tenor.gif

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I did. Absolutely.

We have no realistic replacement.

What if the rebuild works and we're ready to contend in three years, and Brady Skjei is still our best defenseman?

Then Gorton has failed as a GM.

I think giving McDonagh 7 years at 8M+ a year would've been catastrophic for this franchise. And I love McDonagh.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Oh man that replay of Laughton knocking the stick out of Gilmour's hands. That was naughty.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
This was a competitive team then Shattenkirk and Kreider got hurt. AV didn't help then things got out of hand because the players knew a shakeup was happening. I think Gorton played it as best as he could.

I'm okay with everything except for not firing AV after the Ottawa series. Just an atrocious decision and strictly evil for management to retain a fool out of loyalty and personal relationships.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Uh, then either after a sophomore slump, Brady Skjei continued to progress to become a damn fine defenseman or we aren't actually ready to contend?

You're complaining because the team really just committed to a full-on rebuild a few months back and you don't clearly see all the pieces already in place? C'mon...
Just don't understand what there is to be excited about right now.

This sucks. This has sucked for 7 months.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
What if it doesn't heal? What if we become Florida, Edmonton, the Islanders.

Everyone blindly assumes our rebuild will be a good one.

You’re too cynical, and we have a solid amount of talent around (plus more to come) that we can still be competitive and potentially successful much sooner than later.

Have some faith. Everything changes once this game ends.

Reactions: Rangers743

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You’re too cynical, and we have a solid amount of talent around (plus more to come) that we can still be competitive and potentially successful much sooner than later.

I'm too cynical?

Have some faith?

:rangers

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
This was a competitive team then Shattenkirk and Kreider got hurt. AV didn't help then things got out of hand because the players knew a shakeup was happening. I think Gorton played it as best as he could.
If it wasnt for that 12 game streak of the PP saving us this is a bottom 3 team.. AV is definitely more at fault than anyone. His refusal to trust young guys had us skating garbage vets too often

Reactions: Tob

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
It's hilarious that posters are now joining the thread to observe the end of an era together.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

No one blindly assumes anything. How many times can I say nothing is guaranteed? However, the only time this franchise actually tried to do this type of rebuild, they were nowhere near in the position to do it in a manner they can at this time.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

Because we have pieces in place that those teams never did. Those teams didn't have a crop of Zibanejad, Hayes, Kreider, Skjei, Buchnevich, Shattenkirk, ADA, and Hank. They didn't have prospects like Chytil, Andersson, Hajek, Howden, etc. to add in insulated roles. We have three more first round picks to add, one being a lottery pick in a loaded draft. The Isles mired in mediocrity because they didn't know how to put talent around Tavares. Do I seriously need to explain again why the Oilers failed?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Because we have pieces in place that those teams never did. Those teams didn't have a crop of Zibanejad, Hayes, Kreider, Skjei, Buchnevich, Shattenkirk, ADA, and Hank. They didn't have prospects like Chytil, Andersson, Hajek, Howden, etc. to add in insulated roles. We have three more first round picks to add, one being a lottery pick in a loaded draft. The Isles mired in mediocrity because they didn't know how to put talent around Tavares. Do I seriously need to explain again why the Oilers failed?
Everyone talks about all the talent we have and we can't win a hockey game.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com

Also we have something other franchises don't ... a place people WANT to play and money. Not saying this rebuild will all be 18 year old rookies, but other FA's, college kids, etc will look at this team a lot differently than the Panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->