GDT: 4/7/18 - New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: The Last Supper Edition. RIP 2017-18 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Are coaches normally dismissed immediately after the end of a season? Milbury said it was a day after the media day for Torts. I remember management supporting Torts on media day.

Reactions: GregSirico

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Just can't take how happy everyone is. We're awful and the GDT's are like a ****ing party.

I wouldn’t call it a party. I want them to finish the job they couldn’t get done in the last run. It sucks that they never finished the job. I want management to learn from the mistakes from the last time around. I’m a draft junkie and watching them piss away 1st round picks for four years was no fun either, especially when it didn’t bring a Cup. I’m willing to be patient, and I understand there are no guarantees.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Andersson, Chytil, Shestyorkin, Rykov, Lindgren, Howden, Hajek to go with Zibanejad, Skjei and Buchnevich is a damn good start.

It's way better than what Toronto had when they drafted Nylander (the official start of their rebuild) or when Shero first took over the Devils.

That said, Gorton better hit a 700 foot Game 7 of the world series walk off grand slam this summer. This off-season is the most important we've had in a very long time.

It will send us on a trajectory, one way or the other.

That's the problem. Everyone's expecting Gorton to blow us away this summer when he's been mediocre as GM.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Are coaches normally dismissed immediately after the end of a season? Milbury said it was a day after the media day for Torts. I remember management supporting Torts on media day.

Black Monday? Or is that a football thing

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
giphy-downsized.gif

Kreider-Zibanejad-Chytil

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I wouldn’t all it a party. I want them to finish the job they couldn’t get done in the last run. It sucks that they never finished the job. I want management to learn from the mistakes from the last time around. I’m a draft junkie and watching them piss away 1st round picks for four years was no fun either, especially when it didn’t bring a Cup. I’m willing to be patient, and I understand there are no guarantees.
There's a middle ground between trading literally every first round pick, and looking like you don't belong in the NHL.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Idk if y'all already mentioned it, but Giroux has to be one of the biggest turnarounds of the season. From the hand issues last season and people saying he's cooked, to scoring 100 this season. Crazy.

scoring is also way up this season. Look at Kopitar, MacKinnon, Hall, all took huge jumps in production compared to down years last year.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
That's the problem. Everyone's expecting Gorton to blow us away this summer when he's been mediocre as GM.
Just breathe man, I'm in the same boat as you, but he's gotten good value in his deals, we have pieces to build with, and we still have a ton of work to do at the draft. Don't sleep on how a new coach will help this team.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Not trading a defenseman we never had a replacement for would have been a start.

Firing AV 12 months ago instead of him driving us to a rebuild would have been a start.

No arguments re: AV.

Big argument re: McD. You want to sign him to a long-term deal?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Just breathe man, I'm in the same boat as you, but he's gotten good value in his deals, we have pieces to build with, and we still have a ton of work to do at the draft. Don't sleep on how a new coach will help this team.

Don't sleep on how a new coach would have helped this team before they gutted the team.

This is AV's rebuild and that bothers me.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
They had a deal with Edmonton at 4 until PoolParty fell to the Oilers, so the deal was off.

i remember hearing it now, but i'm forgetting how solid the source was

also I wonder if rangers would pick puljujarvi or keller if given the decision. As high as I was on keller, I was higher on puljujarvi

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Giroux also missed all of the off-season and training camp last year coming off major hip surgery. I certainly expected more out of him this year than last.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I did. Absolutely.

We have no realistic replacement.

What if the rebuild works and we're ready to contend in three years, and Brady Skjei is still our best defenseman?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

He doesn't. He hated McDonagh. He's just complaining because he's angry and nothing is good enough short of him being the President, GM, and HC of the New York Rangers himself.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Don't sleep on how a new coach would have helped this team before they gutted the team.

This is AV's rebuild and that bothers me.
No it isn't, considering he's getting canned next week. All of the "is he the right guy for a rebuild" is just nice wording for a mutual parting of ways. It's Gorton's rebuild, mandated by Dolan.

Reactions: jas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad