GDT: 4/7/18 - New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: The Last Supper Edition. RIP 2017-18 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Gorton thought this team was competing when he signed Shattenkirk and he allowed a team coached by AV to convince him otherwise.

And he flip flopped from buying to selling and never even thought to try another coach. Huge oversight. No confidence in him.

Revisionist history.

Wasn't Shatty signed AFTER we traded our 1C and bought out our 1RD?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
He doesn't. He hated McDonagh. He's just complaining because he's angry and nothing is good enough short of him being the President, GM, and HC of the New York Rangers himself.

Machinehead is Jack Eichel of NYRHF.

And I was a heavy proponent of trading McDonagh dating back to the summer. Signing him to an 8 year $7 million contract.. yikes.

But I also was expecting to get a franchise changing player in that trade. Like Chabot from Ottawa.

I mean the Islanders got a better return on Hamonic than we did on McDonagu.

And Hamonic f***ing sucks.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also we have something other franchises don't ... a place people WANT to play and money. Not saying this rebuild will all be 18 year old rookies, but other FA's, college kids, etc will look at this team a lot differently than the Panthers.
Can't sign free agents.

They might help us pick 9th instead of 7th.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Machinehead is Jack Eichel of NYRHF.

And I was a heavy proponent of trading McDonagh dating back to the summer. Signing him to an 8 year $7 million contract.. yikes.

But I also was expecting to get a franchise changing player in that trade. Like Chabot from Ottawa.

I mean the Islanders got a better return on Hamonic than we did on McDonagu.

And Hamonic ****ing sucks.
Don't worry. The guy who orchestrated that trade will suddenly have greatest summer of all time and set this team up for multiple Cups.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Pionk is one T H I R S T Y B O Y E

It's nice to see a defenseman try and score a goal and generate something, anything, even if the season is over.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Everyone talks about all the talent we have and we can't win a hockey game.
Because they're an awfully coached team and that talent is still young. You yourself were posting about Chytil being a manchild like 3 days ago. He's 18. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a similar year to the Coyotes next season where we start poorly (not 0-10 bad) and hit our stride after January.

Also, there's something poetic about this game ending 0-5, kinda like AV's tenure here.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Because they're an awfully coached team and that talent is still young. You yourself were posting about Chytil being a manchild like 3 days ago. He's 18. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a similar year to the Coyotes next season where we start poorly (not 0-10 bad) and hit our stride after January.

Also, there's something poetic about this game ending 0-5, kinda like AV's tenure here.
If they're such an awfully coached team then why didn't we try changing that before we destroyed the roster?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
outshot 40-16 despite having lead since the 1st period and now by a wide margin. If this was a 0-0 game with the Flyers trying to clinch, this would have been a 60-10 shot differential.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Meh Chytil isn't that amazing. He had a hot streak in the AHL but fell off. Invisble at the wjc, and was considered a 2nd rounder at the draft. Andersson is brutal, considering we passed Middlestadt for him. Future isn't bright.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You can also blindly assume we could've turned this around somehow. There's more evidence to suggest the former though and there's not much reason to NOT be hopeful
We've set ourselves up to fail even if the rebuild works. We're at least 4 seasons from fixing this defense.

McDonagh with a new a coach and it's fixed overnight.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad