Value of: 3rd line center to the Leafs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What does that have to do with acquiring a 3C? Pretty much all the guys listed are over 25 if not older. Draft more centres. Or trade for center prospects then. That has nothing to do with why you can’t move Marleau to c and move kapanen up the lineup

I read your post wrong I read it as why don't we shift a Marlie to center because I had just woken up.

As for Marleau he wasn't brought here to be a center he's said it, management has said it everybody has said it

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I read your post wrong I read it as why don't we shift a Marlie to center because I had just woken up.

As for Marleau he wasn't brought here to be a center he's said it, management has said it everybody has said it
Plans change though. To be set in stone in plans from day 1 before he’s even played a minute for the leafs is insane.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Nylander is unlikely to play center next season that idea needs to die.
I don't share your opinion on this, and I don't know of any reason that next season won't be the time that Nylander transitions to centre.

It's a bit snotty, you know, to pronounce that this idea "needs to die."

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't share your opinion on this, and I don't know of any reason that next season won't be the time that Nylander transitions to centre.

It's a bit snotty, you know, to pronounce that this idea "needs to die."

We saw it this year it failed, also and I keep saying this breaking up things that work is stupid

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
We saw it this year it failed
You're wilfully blind to the fact that it was due to injury and he wasn't sheltered.

Moreover, with such a young player, the fact that it didn't succeed at first doesn't mean it won't ever succeed nor be tried again.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they work on this right from the outset, depending on what else happens with the roster.

Nylander certainly has all the skills to be be top-six centre. He needs training and practice in the role.

Reactions: my name is Bob

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
You're wilfully blind to the fact that it was due to injury and he wasn't sheltered.

Moreover, with such a young player, the fact that it didn't succeed at first doesn't mean it won't ever succeed nor be tried again.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they work on this right from the outset, depending on what else happens with the roster.

Nylander certainly has all the skills to be be top-six centre. He needs training and practice in the role.

and he was given chances at both the AHL and NHL levels and hasn't been what they want, while people may wish he is a centre does not make it so

there is no real excuse young player or not, he is just not cut out to handle a centreman's duties at this level

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
the reason I ask is because he really isn't any better or even equal to Bozak in measurable terms and he's slightly more expensive. There have been questions about his intensity and commitment in the past and whether or not that's innuendo I don't know. He doesn't skate as well as Bozak nor handle the puck quite as well. He gets very little PP time and only slightly more PK time.

He's bigger then Boz but doesn't hit and shys away from the physical side of the game, He has not once broken 49% in the circle. There's a reason he's been moved around.

Because we need a 3C

read the post above your's and counter the argument

i'll meet you back here later

still waiting Anish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad