Value of: 3rd line center to the Leafs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It's not that bad imo. Was worth it the first season. Was horrible last year but our entire squad was so I'll give him a pass. He was valuable to us again this year scoring about 40 and playing tougher comp. He may be more valuable to the Avs. The Avs have a ton of cap and can afford to retain if it means getting a decent asset though. Would you do something around Kapanen or a 2nd plus?

A 2nd plus what? Kapenan not a chance

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
But if he's primarily a winger then we still need a 3rd line C
Strome’s RFA rights for Leivo and something?

He’s not good at faceoffs, but he’s ok to good at everything else. Really good shot.

First bolded: Berglund can play LW / C / RW. He's underrated at center position. Most of his goals comes from tip in, deflections or just scramble at front of net. Berglund has decent shot, but with his big body I think his game is best when he's front of net --> powerplay screenplays.

Second bolded: St. Louis Blues- Face-off stats - 2017 - Puckbase
Berglund have improve his FO skills and I believe previous years his FO% was bad, 'cus he had shoulder problems, now he's healthy on that part and clearly it shows FO% what was last season 55.1%. Ofc sample isn't that big, but you can see the path on previous seasons.

Overally Berglund is underrated and look my avatar, long story short, I hate him. He's streaky forward, when he's super hot, he's elite forward and you love him (I don't), but when he fall down, you can't even see him on ice in good way. But as a 3rd liner, you get forward who is ~20 goal scorer (which is in my mind-blowing knowing how bad he's generally). Underrated FO guy, possession monster and guy who doesn't afraid to be physical when needed.

When he's doing some funny stuff at ice, you can always posts a gif about him in GDT. Hint: there is a lot of them.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
First bolded: Berglund can play LW / C / RW. He's underrated at center position. Most of his goals comes from tip in, deflections or just scramble at front of net. Berglund has decent shot, but with his big body I think his game is best when he's front of net --> powerplay screenplays.

Berglund have improve his FO skills and I believe previous years his FO% was bad, 'cus he had shoulder problems, now he's healthy on that part and clearly it shows FO% what was last season 55.1%. Ofc sample isn't that big, but you can see the path on previous seasons.

Overally Berglund is underrated and look my avatar, long story short, I hate him. He's streaky forward, when he's super hot, he's elite forward and you love him (I don't), but when he fall down, you can't even see him on ice in good way. But as a 3rd liner, you get forward who is ~20 goal scorer (which is in my mind-blowing knowing how bad he's generally). Underrated FO guy, possession monster and guy who doesn't afraid to be physical when needed.

When he's doing some funny stuff at ice, you can always posts a gif about him in GDT. Hint: there is a lot of them.

giphy.gif

holy shit.....Are you his mother? If not, I am concerned for Patrick Berglund's safety

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

giphy.gif

I knew I'd hear Panger laughing before I even clicked. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad