Value of: 3rd line center to the Leafs

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Why not try Aaltonen? He'll be 25 before the season starts, should be more than ready to play in the NHL.

Reactions: Mats13

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Maybe though I am not sure Plek is ready to classify himself as a 4th liner yet. Itd be a pay and minutes cut.

From all the media he did it seemed like both sides felt it was a temporary arrangement. He could sign back with Montreal.

He's certainly a mentor for the young players there. He's also been average in the playoffs for a fourth-liner.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Ryan Spooner or Vlad Namestnitkov for 2018 2nd + 2019 2nd

or Kevin Hayes for 2018 1st

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto is probably going to sign Thornton to a 1yr deal.

Marleau is there. Another mentor for the young guys. A bigger boost to the power play.

Looking for a center for a 1yr deal would be good for he financial side when other key guys get raises.

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Marleau Thornton Marner
Johnsson Kadri Brown
Leivo Plekanec Kapanen
Martin

Thornton - 1yr 6-8mill
Plekanec - 1yr 2.5-3mill

Reactions: SantaClaus

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Aren't you the guy that wants to put everything into the Canucks D

I actually don’t want that at all. It was just a theory that I came up with.

But in all seriousness, the Leafs would likely have to add Liljegren to that Marner package if they want a realistic shot at acquiring Sutter. :p

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Toronto is probably going to sign Thornton to a 1yr deal.

Marleau is there. Another mentor for the young guys. A bigger boost to the power play.

Looking for a center for a 1yr deal would be good for he financial side when other key guys get raises.

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Marleau Thornton Marner
Johnsson Kadri Brown
Leivo Plekanec Kapanen
Martin

Thornton - 1yr 6-8mill
Plekanec - 1yr 2.5-3mill
I could see Thornton, Plekanec won't be back.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Sutter is first-line center for him, if you look at his forward lineup in his "all for defensemen" thread.

Only for one year while the Canucks continue their rebuild process (in that hypothetical). In the Summer of 2019 after Edler comes off the books (along with half of that forward roster), the Canucks could then go hard after the high ticket UFA forwards.

That was the rationale behind my idea, but hey, if you think that

1) That forward group that I had listed was something that I would have liked to have kept on a long term basis as opposed to a short term stop gap.

2) I genuinely believe that Sutter is worth Mariner and that my commments weren’t tongue in cheek

Then more power to you I guess.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Only for one year while the Canucks continue their rebuild process (in that hypothetical). In the Summer of 2019 after Edler comes off the books (along with half of that forward roster), the Canucks could then go hard after the high ticket UFA forwards.

That was the rationale behind my idea, but hey, if you think that

1) That forward group that I had listed was something that I would have liked to have kept on a long term basis as opposed to a short term stop gap.

2) I genuinely believe that Sutter is worth Mariner and that my commments weren’t tongue in cheek

Then more power to you I guess.

Who's Mariner? Must be a NHL fringe, fourth-line forward, since Sutter is terrible.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad