Value of: 3rd line center to the Leafs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Oh I'm very aware of that....................Bozak who's highly effective as a 3rd line centre would probably sign back on for the right bucks, or you go for the home run ball and bring JT home

at that point maybe you can bring in a Brodziak for a million or so

So you are aware of that, so you knoe EXACTLY why people want to trade for a 3rd center so why did you ask that question?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If the Ducks don't come to terms with Derek Grant, I could see him being signed by the Leafs and given a shot at 3C (moving to 4C if he couldn't cut it). He did play well when he was Ducks #1C in injury-relief duty and given quality ice time and linemates.

Maybe he can be a 4th line guy not a 3rd

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
He's scored 168 goals in career 694 games over ten years, or 19.85 goals per 82 games. Half those seasons he scored at higher than a 20 goal pace, and half lower.

The last six seasons he's scored 93 goals in 384 games, or 19.86 goals per 82 games. Half those seasons he scored at higher than a 20 goal pace, and half lower.

The last four seasons he's scored 63 goals in 258 games, or 20.02 goals per 82 games. Half those seasons he scored at higher than a 20 goal pace, and half lower.

The last two seasons he's actually bettered his career pace with 40 goals in 139 games (23.4 goals per 82 games pace).

He's streaky (as is pretty much any true 3rd line quality player), and he's had some some injuries that he's had to work through, but he's a guy that's pretty reliably scored at a 20 goal pace over the long haul for the entirety of his career.

Who knows what his value is around the league, but I think calling him a defensively responsible 3rd line center who is a reasonable bet to score at a 20 goal pace any given year is a pretty accurate description.

This.

This The guy who Leafs should target at off-season.

Tho Idk, what is the cost for Berglund.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
and he was given chances at both the AHL and NHL levels and hasn't been what they want, while people may wish he is a centre does not make it so

there is no real excuse young player or not, he is just not cut out to handle a centreman's duties at this level

Agreed 100% he's clearly better on wing

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I might add Timashov but Bracco is to high of a prospect to give up.

Then the answer would still definitely be no thank you.

Oilers don't really have any reason to trade Strome at all let alone for a return that doesn't make the team better.

What you're proposing doesn't make the team better and the futures aren't enticing enough to offset that.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Then the answer would still definitely be no thank you.

Oilers don't really have any reason to trade Strome at all let alone for a return that doesn't make the team better.

What you're proposing doesn't make the team better and the futures aren't enticing enough to offset that.

Actually it was ChaoticOrange that proposed it not me

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
The Leafs have Matthews and Kadri as their top 2 centers, everybody knows that. Tyler Bozak is a UFA, now it is possible they bring Bozak back because as strong as the farm system is it does need work at center.

If Bozak isn't back who has a 3rd line center available and at what cost?
Soderberg could be available although I think he probably holds more value to the Avs than he would fetch in trade. He can fill in top six in a pinch, play PP and PK and is capable of facing hard matchups.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Soderberg could be available although I think he probably holds more value to the Avs than he would fetch in trade. He can fill in top six in a pinch, play PP and PK and is capable of facing hard matchups.

All depends on the cost really.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
All depends on the cost really.

And how much salary is retained.

Soderberg makes 4.75M per year. At that price Toronto could just keep Bozak who fits well with the team. Soderberg would have to come cheap in a trade and with a reduced salary. Not sure how agreeable that would be to Colarado. I know last season they wanted to dump Soderberg, but he rebounded a bit this season. So who knows.

I'm interested in anyone but Glendenning, basically.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
And how much salary is retained.

Soderberg makes 4.75M per year. At that price Toronto could just keep Bozak who fits well with the team. Soderberg would have to come cheap in a trade and with a reduced salary. Not sure how agreeable that would be to Colarado. I know last season they wanted to dump Soderberg, but he rebounded a bit this season. So who knows.

I'm interested in anyone but Glendenning, basically.

Agreed if he comes here it's not at 4.75 per year it can't be

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

How much Salary is retained? because the Avs would have to retain

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
You'd have to retain some 4.75 is a rough contract for Soderberg
It's not that bad imo. Was worth it the first season. Was horrible last year but our entire squad was so I'll give him a pass. He was valuable to us again this year scoring about 40 and playing tougher comp. He may be more valuable to the Avs. The Avs have a ton of cap and can afford to retain if it means getting a decent asset though. Would you do something around Kapanen or a 2nd plus?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad