Value of: 3rd line center to the Leafs

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
We saw it at times this year it failed
Agreed. I don't like Nylander at center either. If we had to put someone on the team we have already at center I would put Marleau even though he would rather play the wing. Better option then nylander in my opinion if we can't sign a C

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Probably because we know he was asked to waive his NTC at the deadline so he's probably available

the reason I ask is because he really isn't any better or even equal to Bozak in measurable terms and he's slightly more expensive. There have been questions about his intensity and commitment in the past and whether or not that's innuendo I don't know. He doesn't skate as well as Bozak nor handle the puck quite as well. He gets very little PP time and only slightly more PK time.

He's bigger then Boz but doesn't hit and shys away from the physical side of the game, He has not once broken 49% in the circle. There's a reason he's been moved around.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Can you just resign Bozak so Benning doesnt...
if you guys end up with him, you won't be disappointed as a stop gap type, he's fine if he's not playing the tough match ups. Even if the contract is bad, it doesn't look like Van will have any real cap constraints for the next little while so it seems low risk

would also be fine with him back in Toronto for the right price/term

1. Tavares - 10.75Mx7Yrs
2. Thornton - 10Mx1Yr
3. Spezza - 3.5Mx1Yr
4. Move Willy to C - 6Mx8Yrs
agree, plus Bozak/Plekanec as an option. Tavares is too much cap commitment, but I like the Thornton option if he'll come here, also don't think it would take $10M if he was willing, $7-8M imo

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Assuming they strike on Tavares and Stastny (assuming Thornton retires/stays in San Jose), sign Derek Ryan for 4C, and move Nylander to centre.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Willy is going to C. We have a good chunk of wingers that can move up.

Would look something like

Hyman Matthews Brown
Marleau Kadri Johnsson
Kapenen Nylander Marner
Timshov altonen Leivo

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

Hyman Matthews Brown
Marleau Kadri Johnsson
Kapenen Nylander Marner
Timshov altonen Leivo

I don't think Nylander would like to be on the third line. What if his morale drops?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Hyman Matthews Brown
Marleau Kadri Johnsson
Kapenen Nylander Marner
Timshov altonen Leivo

My 2 cents is Marner is a passer and Nylander to a lesser degree is a passer. You want to play those guys with goal scorers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad