Post-Game Talk: #35 | FLYERS (A) vs. Sabres (H) | Wednesday, Mar. 31, 2021 | Loss 6-1

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
bruh we need everyone to take 3 steps forward. This isn't on one player, niskanen leaving, or the vets who have actually played well this year. Every single young player we have on this team has been downright awful. Few good games here and there mixed with inconsistency all year long. Its insane how that has happened and continues to as well.

Farabee has been the only stud while Patrick, lindblom, sanheim, Myers, provorov, hart, and tk have had a brutal year. We go as far as these guys take us so hopefully they rebound soon. I can't imagine all of them regressing next year as well.

At least half of them should rebound, if not all of them.....they can't play as bad as they have this year can they?

Their play is a direct result of the awful coaching.

They didn't just forgot how to hockey and suddenly become worse players than they were as rookies.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Wahhhh, the big mean boss called out Hart & his 4.04 GAA & .869 save %.

Wahhhh, Morin, who has barely played in years, let alone in the NHL, & is still frequently out of position, only played 10 minutes.

Wahhhh, Farabee didn’t get the minutes of $8M Jake or $5M TK.

Wahhhh, Sanheim plays timid because the coach is too mean.

Get outta here. No wonder this team stinks. They’ve got a bunch of soft kids who can’t handle a little adversity or criticism, & the fanbase wants to indulge them.

rarely agree with you, but you’re right about the team being soft as tissue paper. I can’t recall a Flyers roster that was this easily frightened and pushed aside, especially on D. exception being Morin. Seeing them get trounced not once, but twice against a terrible Rangers team and offering not a lick of physical response tells me that something is off. No matter who is behind the bench, the players should have more dignity and pride than what they have shown all season long. Their core is clearly rotten.

Reactions: JXC and Ghosts Beer

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wahhhh, the big mean boss called out Hart & his 4.04 GAA & .869 save %.

Wahhhh, Morin, who has barely played in years, let alone in the NHL, & is still frequently out of position, only played 10 minutes.

Wahhhh, Farabee didn’t get the minutes of $8M Jake or $5M TK.

Wahhhh, Sanheim plays timid because the coach is too mean.

Get outta here. No wonder this team stinks. They’ve got a bunch of soft kids who can’t handle a little adversity or criticism, & the fanbase wants to indulge them.

It's always funny when you can't keep up with the discussion so you lie about what people actually say.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Their play is a direct result of the awful coaching.

They didn't just forgot how to hockey and suddenly become worse players than they were as rookies.
100%. I was just stating that we need everyone to take a step forward, not just patrick. Stratat said it perfectly, to have this many young players not play well...there has to be something else going on here cus its insane for it to occur on such a consistent basis

you know its bad when OUR ONLY YOUNG PLAYER PLAYING WELL IS BENCHED LMAO

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Can you tell me where I said that?

I am quite sure you have seen me blasting players for individual mental and physical mistakes.

What I am saying is that just moving players...for other players...won't fix the coaching/system issues.

They are BOTH issues...player issues(mental and physical)...coaching/systems issues. We should be looking to fix BOTH.

Again BOTH.
I am referring to the player issues. You don’t avoid trying to fix the roster just because there may be coaching issues as well, because there most certainly are player issues.

And if you want to fix the roster, like so many people said is necessary, then you’re going to have to shake up the core. And to do that, you need to trade players with trade value. And core players with trade value who aren’t playing like good fits are TK, Sanheim, & Myers. Patrick, if he has any trade value. Frost, because he doesn’t seem like a fit as a 3C.

But for as much as people bitch at Fletcher about the roster, & claim it needs major change, they are against trading these players. It’s contradictory. Either you are willing to put your money where your mouth is and make major changes or you aren’t. And if you aren’t, then don’t bitch about the roster composition. It isn’t depth players like Raffl & Hagg who are causing this team to lose. Hagg hasn’t even played in 2 weeks. It’s the supposed young core.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I am referring to the player issues. You don’t avoid trying to fix the roster just because there may be coaching issues as well, because there most certainly are player issues.

And if you want to fix the roster, like so many people said is necessary, then you’re going to have to shake up the core. And to do that, you need to trade players with trade value. And core players with trade value who aren’t playing like good fits are TK, Sanheim, & Myers. Patrick, if he has any trade value. Frost, because he doesn’t seem like a fit as a 3C.

But for as much as people bitch at Fletcher about the roster, & claim it needs major change, they are against trading these players. It’s contradictory. Either you are willing to put your money where your mouth is and make major changes or you aren’t. And if you aren’t, then don’t bitch about the roster composition. It isn’t depth players like Raffl & Hagg who are causing this team to lose. Hagg hasn’t even played in 2 weeks. It’s the supposed young core.

Patrick has more value to us than trading him for a bottom6er and how tf do you know frost cant fit as a 3c (HUUUUH?).. im all for trading players for upgrades but they better be f***ing upgrades

Reactions: Striiker

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I have no idea why some of the posters who lickballs.gif each other and clearly know way better than others even bother posting. You've never been employed by an NHL organization and you have 0 Jack Adams nominations. Why bother?

I can say exactly the same about you? Do you and Striiker share an account?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Patrick has more value to us than trading him for a bottom6er and how tf do you know frost cant fit as a 3c (HUUUUH?).. im all for trading players for upgrades but they better be f***ing upgrades
I don’t know what Patrick’s value is, but I’m sure willing to include him in a trade. Again, I’m not suggesting giving these guys away for free.

Frost to me just doesn’t seem like a fit for this team. He’s a slow-paced, scrawny, East-West player. Another Sanheim in the softness department. They need to get away from timid, over-passing types.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I don’t know what Patrick’s value is, but I’m sure willing to include him in a trade. Again, I’m not suggesting giving these guys away for free.

Frost to me just doesn’t seem like a fit for this team. He’s a slow-paced, scrawny, East-West player. Another Sanheim in the softness department. They need to get away from timid, over-passing types.
how about we watch him play a full season before we just trade a top prospect away. Im sure many people thought farabee was soft af his first year and now look at farabee. Im willing to include Patrick in a trade, but not as a "sweetener" to get the deal done, which I think is where we stand with him atm.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Maybe the important question to ask...is what Dman or goalies have EXCELLED under these coaches?

None

Some have played good, ok, passible, up and down....but no one has played great/well the entire time.

Coaches job is to maximize players strengths, minimize their weaknesses. Get more from the collective than they can individually. We are the doing the opposite.

I'd say Farabee has excelled and gotten progressively better.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
how about we watch him play a full season before we just trade a top prospect away. Im sure many people thought farabee was soft af his first year and now look at farabee. Im willing to include Patrick in a trade, but not as a "sweetener" to get the deal done, which I think is where we stand with him atm.
No one thought Farabee was soft. At all. Quite the opposite. His body just didn’t let him play the game like he wanted to.

Patrick is the sunk cost fallacy. The Flyers sunk a #2 overall pick into him, so people want to hang on. Well, guess what? That investment may keep going down. If he’s the difference between making a deal Fletcher likes happen or not happen, bye bye Nolan. Those players who you’re always hoping will turn the corner will kill you. They aren’t worth the aggravation. You can’t rely on them. And Patrick is injury prone, to boot. Best to not have that type on the roster. If he blossoms elsewhere, so be it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad