Post-Game Talk: #35 | FLYERS (A) vs. Sabres (H) | Wednesday, Mar. 31, 2021 | Loss 6-1

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
what's your plan for Frost, Patrick, Laczy next year?

Its up to Nolan Patrick if he wants to play in the NHL. His effort and willingness to battle is in a word: terrible. He does nothing great. He is just a guy right now. At this point, he is on one year show me contracts from here on out. All up to him..

Reactions: Dilderon

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Having Patrick and Frost battle it out for 3C sounds like the perfect way to turn both of them and Lacz into nothing.

I'd commit to Frost, who has real pro offensive upside, play him 82 games with PP time and let him play through all. his struggles.

honest question: i know nothing of what Patrick was like in juniors, was he known as a hard worker?

all of this confuses the hell outta me lol. Who says we cant have all 3 play here? We can possibly lose 3 forwards to ufa and expansion. Seattle has to choose between voracek, laughton, hagg, or ghost. My money is on laughton or hagg. We have room in the lineup

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
I love the suggestion that people saying Hakstol is bad and AV is bad means neither is bad and it was actually the players all along. :laugh:

Since, of course, it's impossible to hire two bad coaches in a row.

You can tell you never played sports. Coaches aren't on the ice when they are getting their ass kicked.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You can tell you never played sports. Coaches aren't on the ice when they are getting their ass kicked.
71o0vcTP_400x400.jpg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
all of this confuses the hell outta me lol. Who says we cant have all 3 play here? We can possibly lose 3 forwards to ufa and expansion. Seattle has to choose between voracek, laughton, hagg, or ghost. My money is on laughton or hagg. We have room in the lineup
With Laughton being a UFA...unlikely he gets picked.

Who knows, they could take Braun with full expectation of flipping him knowing they can get a 2nd rd pick from some team for him.

But yeah, at F we "could" lose Laughton and Raffl as UFA's then 1 thru expansion. So let's just hold tight, SELL Laughton and Raffl at the deadline...and maybe Gus/Ghost....hell Elliott too if anyone wants him.

It should be clear that we should not be buyers. But nothing else we do makes sense so who knows.

Reactions: flyerslducks

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
No, and honestly, even at 2pm, i wasnt even like 'hungry' per se. I mean, i could definitely eat, but i had a half a bowl of white bean chicken chili and a cajun turkey sandwich on wheat and was perfectly fine.

The hardest part for me is the mental hurdle of not having breakfast. I was perfectly ok yesterday, but i am such a sucker for a good egg and turkey bacon sandwich (that was always my go to, to some degree) in the morning, and that makes it hard to skip breakfast altogether, not necessarily the hunger part.

You can have any "0" calorie beverage in between -- coffee, tea, water, seltzer, etc - just nothing that interups your body from "eating itself".
I eat daily 9, 2 and 6. Three meals. It took a little while to get used to it. You should eat breakfast tho. You will actually lose more weight that way. Just don't eat that sandwich you like. A grain cereal would do you wonders, especially with the peleton.

Reactions: Starat327

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Question. When was Oskar diagnosed last year and when did the team start winning? Not to belittle what happened to Oskar but is it possible that his situation galvanized the team and covered up underlying issues in the locker room? Or could they have been propelled to play to a higher level then they are capable of consistently playing at based on the emotional push of playing for him?

This is wild speculation stuff but at this point I'm just throwing shit at the wall with this team.

Mid-December 2019 was when the public became aware. Initially, the team had a trip west and Lindblom was listed out of the lineup at Colorado with "an upper body injury" and didn't travel with the team. As the story went at the time Robert Hagg was with Lindblom when the news of cancer was delivered. They have been close friends since pre-dating their time with the Flyers.

The Flyers went 0-3 on that road trip but won six of seven prior. There really wasn't any consistent run following the diagnosis until the 9-game winning streak in mid-February to early-March (that led into the regular season finale loss).

IIRC, he began treatments in early January after going home to Sweden for Christmas/New Year. I think it was around this time that Eddie Olczyk was asked by Paul Holmgren to call Lindblom and from there the T-shirts (Bernie Parent's daughter) supporting Oskar got more publicity and opposing players joined the fight.

I don't think there was an immediate connection between the situation with Oskar and winning and losing. More so, the drubbing in New Jersey set the tone for the rest of the regular season. It was two nights later when the Flyers walloped Washington that set the wheels in motion.

Last edited:

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Mid-December 2019 was when the public became aware. Initially, the team had a trip west and Lindblom was listed out of the lineup at Colorado with "an upper body injury" and didn't travel with the team. As the story went at the time Robert Hagg was with Lindblom when the news of cancer was delivered. They have been close friends since pre-dating their time with the Flyers.

The Flyers went 0-3 on that road trip but won six of seven prior. There really wasn't any consistent run following the diagnosis until the 9-game winning streak in mid-February to early-March (that led into the regular season finale loss).

IIRC, he began treatments in early January after going home to Sweden for Christmas/New Year. I think it was around this time that Eddie Olczyk was asked by Paul Holmgren to call Lindblom and from there the T-shirts (Bernie Parent's daughter) supporting Oskar got more publicity and opposing players joined the fight.

I don't think there was an immediate connection between the situation with Oskar and winning and losing. More so, the drubbing in New Jersey set the tone for the rest of the regular season. It was two nights later when the Flyers walloped Washington that set the wheels in motion.

You need to donate your brain to sciences when you pass MSE haha. I knew you were going to be able to remember and Im still blown away by the level of detail you come up with.

BigBear

Mar 28, 2021
Putting Hakstol or even AV in the same category as Laviolette is pretty disrespectful. And all it really does is alienate yourself as a clueless hockey fan or very new fan of this team.

Peter and I grew up together. Franklin, Ma. Pond Street. Saint Mary’s School and all. I would tend to agree with you in this.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Peter and I grew up together. Franklin, Ma. Pond Street. Saint Mary’s School and all. I would tend to agree with you in this.
Probably my favorite coach of the past 20 years. Tell him a fond fan hope he's breakin out the jam.

I still have the "I wanna see some jam" Laviolette playoff shirt they made back during one of the playoff runs.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Probably my favorite coach of the past 20 years. Tell him a fond fan hope he's breakin out the jam.

I still have the "I wanna see some jam" Laviolette playoff shirt they made back during one of the playoff runs.

i always liked his speech in the dressing room from the Flyers v. Rags series that was on TV.

NSFW link btw..

totaly opposite of Hakstol and AV.... sigh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad