GDT: #35 | FLYERS (A) vs. Sabres (H) | Wednesday, Mar. 31, 2021 | 7:30 pm ET | NBCSN, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
This is so so so so much worse than Hakstol.

I'm not happy with some of AV's decisions, but how is this worse than Hakstol, let alone "so so so so much worse?"

Funny how the Flyers coach is always the worst thing to ever happen to the team...until the next guy is. Berube was a caveman, but actually Hakstol is worse, but actually AV is worse than Hakstol. I'm sure guys will underperform under the next coach, who will have one or two annoying "coach's favorites," and the cycle will repeat itself.

Reactions: flyerslducks

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm not happy with some of AV's decisions, but how is this worse than Hakstol, let alone "so so so so much worse?"

Funny how the Flyers coach is always the worst thing to ever happen to the team...until the next guy is. Berube was a caveman, but actually Hakstol is worse, but actually AV is worse than Hakstol. I'm sure guys will underperform under the next coach, who will have one or two annoying "coach's favorites," and the cycle will repeat itself.
Pretty simple. Everything that was a problem with Hakstol is still a problem, but now there’s additional problems we didn’t have with him.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I disagree w the first part, but the second one... Yeah, most probably.

Every time the person who handles the media introduces the writer asking the question and Vigneault says, “Hey, Charlie....Hey, Sam....Hey, Bill.” And then they all fawningly say, “Hey, AV.” And you just know it’s like an angel touched them.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Every time the person who handles the media introduces the writer asking the question and Vigneault says, “Hey, Charlie....Hey, Sam....Hey, Bill.” And then they all fawningly say, “Hey, AV.” And you just know it’s like an angel touched them.

Was any reason given on why it had to be GHOST who was sacrificed for this?

Or are they just pretending that everything is fine as he works them like puppets?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He already admitted they could have accomplished the same thing (resting 19 and 23) by waiving Gus instead of Ghost.

It’s amazing how people can defend that. What are you afraid of losing Gus? What a loss that would be.

Why are you afraid of losing Ghost. He's better than Gus, but not that much better, especially since the COVID break.
And at least we'd get some real cap room the next two years with Ghost claimed.

For some weird reason, both were putting up good metrics to start the season, and bad metrics since the team was forced to take a week off.
Ghost is the better player, but only because Gus is trying to learn how to play defense on the fly.
Neither is as good as Braun. Which is sad, b/c Braun is 33 and at the end of his career. But at least he's reliable, if limited.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Was any reason given on why it had to be GHOST who was sacrificed for this?

Or are they just pretending that everything is fine as he works them like puppets?

Well, the only thing I can think of possibly defending this is that they tought no one would claim Ghost because cap space // flat cap and all, while Gus has a smaller cap hit thus more likely to be claimed.

This is a reach and I feel bad seeking for excuses for this move, but it stops here as that's all I have.

Reactions: Striiker

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If you're gonna sit Oskar and Patrick, then send Twar and Bunny or whoever else on the taxi squad down to Lehigh and call up Tanner, Allison, Sandin, etc, hell, even Willman if you want. Someone different for a change, maybe you'll get some hunger, gasp, maybe they'll even be positive assets!

You're asking for a lot of creativity from people who value Prosser and Hogg.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well, the only thing I can think of possibly defending this is that they tought no one would claim Ghost because cap space // flat cap and all, while Gus has a smaller cap hit thus more likely to be claimed.

This is a reach and I feel bad seeking for excuses for this move, but it stops here as that's all I have.
But even then, why risk it at all when all you're risking otherwise is a guy who you don't even think is good enough to play regularly? Especially after Ghost was such a big part of the last two wins? Might as well waive Provorov since he has a bigger contract, if that's the logic we're using :laugh:

*I know this isn't your argument, I'm just saying if that's what they're going with*

mize370

Nov 2, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
trade ghost and hart for bernier. throw in a first if stevie y says no. sign him to 5 years at 6 mil / year. franchise saved. Hagg will be back to save the season too! 6 straight cups baby!! *eye roll*

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad