Prospect Info: #3 Overall Pick Discussion - Part 3

Who do we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Also I had a dream about the draft this morning.

Jersey picked Hughes and New York picked Kakko. The dream kind of ended around when Chicago was picking so it wasn't very clear. Filip Zadina came on stage to make the selection on behalf of the Hawks for whatever reason. I'm not sure who he picked, but I was seeing Byram highlights on the broadcast so I'm not sure if that was the pick or if they were just showing a potential pick. Dreams are so muddy sometimes. I'll keep you updated on any future draft dreams.
ahh to much coffee before bed-time :naughty:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Scrolling through page after page of our Draft Lottery GDT - and through all the posts of "thank you" "is this happening" Rooh is a God" "We love you" ...etc, etc, etc..not a single post saying "thank you, now let's trade this bitch down!"...we literally were gifted a home run, the thought of trading it down makes me want to vomit a bit..just saying.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Scrolling through page after page of our Draft Lottery GDT - and through all the posts of "thank you" "is this happening" Rooh is a God" "We love you" ...etc, etc, etc..not a single post saying "thank you, now let's trade this ***** down!"...we literally were gifted a home run, the thought of trading it down makes me want to vomit a bit..just saying.

Agreed

I do wish somehow we could acquire another 1st rounder, but I know that’s a long shot.

So many good forwards in this draft.

I’m very envious of Colorado.

Reactions: AmericanDream

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
BUT remember. .if Colorado gets to WC Final it picks no earlier than #28 with its own pick and if loses on SC it can only pick 30th with its own pick and 31st of they go all the way to win the Cup.

So in those scenarios for its 2nd of round 1 (it's own pick) tgses could be tail end of the round. ..better than Hawks at #43 nut not as great avgap as to promote envy ...Has maybe make a trade for a better 2ndborvtp move up I round 2 with pick echange part of a deal? However of course the Ave pick at #4 could turn out better than Hawks pick at #3..it is a guessing game and luck also plays into the success /impact rate. Stan still does fine even if Avs get lucky we did not pick the guy they landed on as linhcas whoeverxwe pick is not a complete bust but still a future important contributor for us
Time will tell.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Byram is the safest pick Stan can make. If the kid fizzles out nobody will say much about taking him over a forward given most fans are annoyed with the defense group. If he goes forward and Byram is a hit and the forward doesn't pan out or the defense group we have in system doesn't pan out then thats where things could become a pr mess...not to say that stan should care about that but from a job security pov it's low risk to take byram and make the argument we already have high end forwards like toews, kane, strome, cat, saad etc.

To his credit, I don’t believe Stan cares what anyone outside of the organization thinks.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
I’d go Byram/Boqvist. That’s be our version of a defensive pairing that central teams will hate for the next decade.

I thought that too until I read Wheeler's take on the Athletic. Sounds like Byram is more of an offensive dman than the all-around player that the Doughty comps suggest. Pairing him with Jokiharju would balance Byram and the rest of the lines. Putting Boqvist on a second pairing shelters him in a Krug-style role. Whatever the pairings, I like it.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Toews4TW

May 30, 2009
I’m good with Turcotte. If you look past his lower body issues this year / mono - I’m convinced he is the third best player in this draft. I have no opinion on the Russian bc I don’t believe the Hawks are in a position to draft someone who isn’t a guarantee to come over.

I won’t be disappointed with Byram. But, I’ll roll the dice on Turcotte’s elite skating and two way intensity. Either way, what a fortunate situation to literally luck into.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I’d be happy with either Byram or Turcotte, but I think I’m in the minority here who prefers Turcotte despite the injury scares. Kid has an infatuating skill set.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Holy S**t! I go away for a 10 day silent meditation retreat with no electronics and so had no idea what happened on lottery day .. I had a feeling while sitting in that quiet space that the Hawks had pulled one out of the bag! So awesome to hear we got the#3!!! Very good news! Must have been those positive vibes I was emitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad