GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
I like that we’re coming into this as the supposed underdog, pressure on the Oilers.

Should continue to motivate this group to silence their doubters.

If we can dictate the game and make them play a gritty tight checking series like the prior one, I favour chances. Run and gun not an option with Demko out.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
last time we were this unfavored I believe was Canucks vs Avs in 2001.

if you ask me, Oilers 6 man defence not as good as Preds 6 man defence, and ttheir goalie is not as good as Soro's, although Nasvhille doesn have mcDrai and Hyman, I think we are not given enough credit, but I love to take the underdog role.

Reactions: M2Beezy and Indiana

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Who on our team can keep up with McDavid I’m starting think if Hughes is on him he’s the only guy that can really keep up with his speed. Maybe Pettersson as well but curios to see what everyone else thinks.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
last time we were this unfavored I believe was Canucks vs Avs in 2001.

if you ask me, Oilers 6 man defence not as good as Preds 6 man defence, and ttheir goalie is not as good as Soro's, although Nasvhille doesn have mcDrai and Hyman, I think we are not given enough credit, but I love to take the underdog role.
Couldn't agree more. The Canucks faced a far sterner test from Nashville than the Oilers got from the Kings.

That 1-3-1 trap was a disaster for the Kings. Even some of their own players were complaining about the system they played. Just lying back and waiting for the Oilers to come at them was doomed to fail. Surprised it even went five games.

Hopefully the Canucks can get their forecheck going and spent a lot more time in the Oilers end.

Reactions: bh53 and Indiana

rea

Feb 8, 2011
View attachment 865678
This should be motivation enough.

Let’s go boys!
Ryan S. Clark

1000024907.gif

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
pretty brutal to have a every skip a day series. last time we were in one of these was 2007 against the Stars. We also only had 1 day rest in between series against the Ducks man they looked pooped.
Didn’t we have a back to back during the covid playoffs?

At least travel won’t be bad.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Seems to me the Canucks have really caught a break in terms of travel wear and tear so far in these playoffs.

Would have been nice if they could have dispatched the Preds in five; but two separate flights to Nashville isn't too big a burden to bear. And having more than four days off; and starting their next series at home, also cuts down on travel. And of course Edmonton is only a two hour flight away.

So fatigue shouldn't be a factor or either squad. Let the gamesmanship begin.

Reactions: Indiana

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Not gonna lie, I’m nervous. Not about if we win or lose, we are on house money at this point. I just don’t want to have to listen to Oilers fans. I think we have a chance, we have the better D group, better tender, and a more balanced line up. We would do well to win game one, to allow the pressure to start being applied to the Oilers, given the expectations being placed on them.

Sure do hope we get Demko back, and I suspect we will if we can stay in the series and give him time.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Oh dang I thought vegas had to win for the game to be on Wednesday, I should maybe skim read less but that's good news lol.

Playoffs so far are unfolding really well for this team, aside from injuries, and there's still a path to wcf here. Especially with extra rest and if we win game one, bad matchup for oilers.

This isn't even peak form yet and the experience from this year is unbelievable, going to be invaluable for the coming years.

Underdogs is a perfect spot, nothing to lose.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Seems to me the Canucks have really caught a break in terms of travel wear and tear so far in these playoffs.

Would have been nice if they could have dispatched the Preds in five; but two separate flights to Nashville isn't too big a burden to bear. And having more than four days off; and starting their next series at home, also cuts down on travel. And of course Edmonton is only a two hour flight away.

So fatigue shouldn't be a factor or either squad. Let the gamesmanship begin.

Hopefully the time off gives the guys some much needed rest to heal up a few bumps and bruises (Suter, Brock, Hronek just to name a few... and Demko too lol)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Rest and avoiding travel are the greatest weapons in the arduous playoff run. Canucks definitely caught a break with a close to five-day gap between series. And of course Edmonton is only an hour and a half away, so they catch a break again.

It might not pay off right away. But whichever team moves on, there's a real advantage in terms of wear and tear on the body and travel fatigue.

Dallas and Colorado, on the other hand, have had to travel to and from Winnipeg and Vegas twice. And now they'll have to travel back and forth from Dallas to Vegas and return. Much tougher.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Games becomes harder, stakes become higher, only easy day is yesterday.

Fully expect Ron MacLean to use this in his open segment...and add 3-4 more lines of unnecessary filler.

"Jake H. Whogivesadamn took foot on an expedition in 1843. Just like the peaks in Garibaldi, there are big valley's below. The highs and lows converge on the inlet that spans to this city. This grind has only begun, and it continues in Vancouver...."

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Fully expect Ron MacLean to use this in his open segment...and add 3-4 more lines of unnecessary filler.

“Vancouver and Edmonton.
Connor McDavid.
Every time I see your face,
It reminds me of you.
Puck drop is next.”

f*** that clown and his acid baked terrible poetry. :laugh:

-

Embrace the underdog role and shove it down peoples’ throats!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
“Vancouver and Edmonton.
Connor McDavid.
Every time I see your face,
It reminds me of you.
Puck drop is next.”

f*** that clown and his acid baked terrible poetry. :laugh:

-

Embrace the underdog role and shove it down peoples’ throats!

It's not even poetry. It's nonsensical word salads where he incorporates weird historical figures and moments.

"Jack Churchill once led his brave men into battle in WW2
Overcoming setbacks and many obstacles, they lost countless men
Travelling across rigid and dangerous terrain to encounter the axis
Connor McDavid leads his troops onto the ice in hopes for achieving victory"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad