Line Combos: 24 Team Playoff Line Up

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
What comes to goaltending, as good as Crow still is, its the play-offs and i don't trust him

The guy's backed us to two Stanley Cups and arguably should have been the Conn Smythe winner in one of them and you don't trust him?

Instead you'd choose Lankinen because the other team isn't accustomed to him and his tendencies at the same time ignoring that he would be going against shooters that have tendencies that he is not accustomed to as well. Okay.:help:

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Oilers fans acting as if their defense is significantly better than ours. Larsson has been a disaster for a while, good luck getting Nurse to locate the defensive side of the puck, and Klefbom is made of glass.

Throw in a couple rookies and a couple tweeners on that team, and that defense is absolutely nothing to brag about. At least brag about the obvious McDrai advantage.
Larson is a very strong defensive defeneman, similar to Haljarmsson.

Nurse is a big, mobile defenceman who can fight. He threw down with Lucic before.

Klefbom is really good on the PP but is also big and mobile.

Bear is a rookie and unknown in playoff environment. He has been solid so far in his rookie campaign.

Third pairing is probably Russell and Green. Both mobile veterans with playoff experience.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Idk about you guys, but what's the likelihood that they can even complete a playoff before a covid outbreak occurs? I'd imagine it's pretty low. I think that they're going to try to come back and have to shut it down within 6 weeks.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So D-Cat owes us for a horrible season.. so naturally he comes back :hot" ...scores piles of goals and Hawks get to Finals before he mysteriously goes cold again and Hawks boow out then?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Why not?. Hawks worst part of the game is how to defend as a 5 player unit.
Hawks need, to win, a really strong bottom 6. Because Toews happens to be the best
forward capable defending, the smartest thing to do would be putting him to a shut down role.

If Shaw is healthy, perfect wing man for Toews and Saad and Toews are good together.
The 4th line is a super obvious combo.

The top 6: obviously Strome and DeBrincat needs to play together
even a blind man can see that and Kane fits quite fine with them
yes it doesn't always, but gotta take few risks. high risk, high reward.

The 2nd line is good like that, Caggiula brings his game to the 2nd line giving Dach & Kubalik
chance to play their game.

What comes to goaltending, as good as Crow still is, its the play-offs and i don't trust him
Lankinen is one hell of a goalie and he is not some 20 year old kid, also has shown
that he can win and does not cave under pressure.

This might go down as the stupidest suggestion/post this board has ever seen when it comes to lineup decisions.... And I don’t even think you’re trolling.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
This might go down as the stupidest suggestion/post this board has ever seen when it comes to lineup decisions.... And I don’t even think you’re trolling.

And that doesn’t even include the fact that after a shaky start Crawford was an absolute stud and due to his play we saw Lehner traded.

But yeah, let’s suggest starting a AHLer with no NHL experience over Crawford who has been great this season and won 2 Cups.

Some posts are so stupid they should just be deleted.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Is it not true that the NHL announced all ELCs signed during the break/quarantine won’t be allowed to start until next season? So doesn’t this mean Mitchell isn’t allowed to play until next season and can’t be a part of the playoff lineup???

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Is it not true that the NHL announced all ELCs signed during the break/quarantine won’t be allowed to start until next season? So doesn’t this mean Mitchell isn’t allowed to play until next season and can’t be a part of the playoff lineup???
Do you have a link to this?

Scott Perunovich and Ian Mitchell have their ELCs structured so that they can come in and burn a year if the season were to resume.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
So I guess those contract loopholes “upset the league office” and they refused to submit them.

But idk, maybe the ELC players find a way to play anyways. Sounds to me though like the league doesn’t wanna let it happen.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
And that doesn’t even include the fact that after a shaky start Crawford was an absolute stud and due to his play we saw Lehner traded.

But yeah, let’s suggest starting a AHLer with no NHL experience over Crawford who has been great this season and won 2 Cups.

Some posts are so stupid they should just be deleted.
Trading Lehner was the right move. After January 1, Crawford was by far the better goalie.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
So after we f*** up Edmonton, we'd play the number 4 seed. I believe that would be Dallas.
The season almost feels like a fever dream at this point, but I seem to recall that we played them toe-to-toe in low scoring games this year...right?

Not to discredit either EDM or DAL, but these matchups are far more favorable than they could have been. Not running into teams who they struggle with (Nashville, Vegas, Avs, Canucks, Blues, even Arizona to some degree) in the first two rounds? Sign me up

Reactions: Muffinalt

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
The season almost feels like a fever dream at this point, but I seem to recall that we played them toe-to-toe in low scoring games this year...right?

Not to discredit either EDM or DAL, but these matchups are far more favorable than they could have been. Not running into teams who they struggle with (Nashville, Vegas, Avs, Canucks, Blues, even Arizona to some degree) in the first two rounds? Sign me up
We were actually pretty good against the canucks from what I remember

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad