Line Combos: 24 Team Playoff Line Up

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I could see him playing 24-25 minutes a game depending on situations. Definitely as much as possible.
I think your gonna see a lot of top forwards getting bigger minutes in the play in round. Fresh legs going into a short do or die series.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
I think your gonna see a lot of top forwards getting bigger minutes in the play in round. Fresh legs going into a short do or die series.
Yeah, I’m sure it’s going to feel like nothing but McDavid and Draisaitl on the ice.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Kane will play 30 min a night. These could be 9-7 scoring games. Possibly the most fun hockey since the 80’s

I really hope JC has been active during the time off to get the players on the same page. This is gonna be like World Juniors or any other tournament style playoff. Thy need to come flying out of the gates but still have the ability to defend which is the scary part with this group.

Healthy DeHann will help a lot but I don’t hate the idea of going with a younger roster.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
should be interesting to see the hawks play the oilers if that is who they play. The oil don't have much besides mcgod and Drai and there D is borderline dreadful

I think one key for the hawks would be like some others have said get the young guys engaged, give them a real chance to shine alongside the likes of Kane, Toews, Saad and Keith.
The other Key for the hawks would be ensuring one of Mitchell or Dehaan plays like they can and Crow is able to play at a high level.

Last edited:

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
should be interesting to see the hawks play the oilers if that is who they play. The oil don't have much besides mcgod and Drai and there D is borderline dreadful

I think one key for the hawks would be like some others have said get the young guys engaged, give them a real chance to shine alongside the likes of Kane, Toews, Saad and Keith.
The other Key for the hawks would be ensuring one of Mitchell or Dehaan plays like they can and Crow is able to play at a high level.

Scott Powers just posted a piece saying Boqvist, Caggiula and De Haan will likely be back. Shaw and Seabrook not likely and Zach Smith's back issue is unpredictable.

Reactions: Muffinalt

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Scott Powers just posted a piece saying Boqvist, Caggiula and De Haan will likely be back. Shaw and Seabrook not likely and Zach Smith's back issue is unpredictable.

so really that is almost a perfect scenario really...Shaw is a guy you miss a bit if he is able to play at his old fiesty level but that does not seem likely ever again...

Will be interesting to see what the D shakes out to be with the following guys available:

Keith
Dehaan
Boqvist
Murphy
Mitchell
Maata
Carlsson
Beaudin
Seeler

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
so really that is almost a perfect scenario really...Shaw is a guy you miss a bit if he is able to play at his old fiesty level but that does not seem likely ever again...

Will be interesting to see what the D shakes out to be with the following guys available:

Keith
Dehaan
Boqvist
Murphy
Mitchell
Maata
Carlsson
Beaudin
Seeler

Guessing it’s

Keith-Boqvist
de Haan-Murphy (shutdown line)
Maatta-Mitchell
Koekkoek

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Guessing it’s

Keith-Boqvist
Maatta-Mitchell
Koekkoek
First time in a while we'll have a D group that isn't embarrassing.

This makes Stan Bowman look really good, just saying. You've got de Haan and Maatta who were super cheap offseason trade acquisitions and Mitchell and Boqvist who were drafted under Stan. And Murphy is in his prime now (who was also acquired via trade by Stan).

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Yeah, not gonna talk smack to Oiler fans (not as the 23-24 seed, anyway). That said, I truly believe this series is up for grabs if CDH is good to go.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015

I would say the Oilers defenceman group is stronger than the Hawks group.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
The Hawks core has winning experience which is something the Oilers do not have.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Yeah, not gonna talk smack to Oiler fans (not as the 23-24 seed, anyway). That said, I truly believe this series is up for grabs if CDH is good to go.
Five games series is scarier than seven for a top seed.

Oilers traded away Gagner so the Hawks can breathe a sigh of relief there.

Reactions: Cowch

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So if this does happen.. what are the defensive pairings?

Keith-Boqvist
CdH-Murphy
Maatta-Mitchell
Beaudin/4K

???

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
I feel like it's a real possibility for our hawks to win somebody. Will they win the series (the Oilers)? Funny. Lose it? You knew it. Let the other fanbases to be shaking about their teams' results. We'll be just having fun as much as it possible in this situation.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Guessing it’s

Keith-Boqvist
Maatta-Mitchell
Koekkoek

See I'm not sure about that. 4K and Maatta played well together and had very decent advanced stats. It's the playoffs and I feel they can play a bit more physical and the experience helps.

Is Mitchell that ready?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
See I'm not sure about that. 4K and Maatta played well together and had very decent advanced stats. It's the playoffs and I feel they can play a bit more physical and the experience helps.

Is Mitchell that ready?

I don’t know, none of us know for sure. I said I’m guessing.

Obviously Mitchell would need to earn that spot away from Koekkoek, and nothing is guaranteed.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I don’t know, none of us know for sure. I said I’m guessing.

Obviously Mitchell would need to earn that spot away from Koekkoek, and nothing is guaranteed.
Koekkoek is a plug and nothing more. He’s not going to be with the team long term, and at his best, he’s just okay. Let the kid play and show the team what he can do.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Man, its almost like hockey talk is back. I just want the hawks to somehow face Colorado in the playoffs so I can solidify my hatred for them that this season has made me feel. Win or lose, I actually enjoy feeling strong disdain for other teams. One of my favorite parts of hockey is that the teams/players still genuinely seem to dislike each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad