Entwistle Fortin Sikura

Keith/Boqvist
De Hann/Murphy
Maatta/Koekkoek

Extra D: Carlsson/Beaudin/Gilbert/ Seeler

Goalies

Crawford/Subban/Delia/Lankinen

Done for year : Seabrook Shaw & Smith

Question mark: Ian Mitchell contract will the NHL allow it to start this year.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The season was so long ago that what happened during it basically doesn't matter at this point, positively or negatively.

We're in, so let's do some damage.

Reactions: jaysoneil

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Edmonton doesnt scare me at all. They are extremely beatable. Tippet will roll with Smith again and lean on his puck handling ability, but Edmonton is a one line team (of sorts) and they have shut McDavid down well in 2 games this year with 0G, 0A and -4 in two games. Draisaitl torched them a little, but Smith will be a sieve if they can maneuver the neutral zone, Chicago wins pretty compellingly IMO if they just stay out of the box. With DeHaan back now, it will probably be the best defensive corps we are putting on the ice this year, pending they are all in shape

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Edmonton doesnt scare me at all. They are extremely beatable. Tippet will roll with Smith again and lean on his puck handling ability, but Edmonton is a one line team (of sorts) and they have shut McDavid down well in 2 games this year with 0G, 0A and -4 in two games. Draisaitl torched them a little, but Smith will be a sieve if they can maneuver the neutral zone, Chicago wins pretty compellingly IMO if they just stay out of the box. With DeHaan back now, it will probably be the best defensive corps we are putting on the ice this year, pending they are all in shape
Call me crazy, but I'd rather not lose 7 spots in the draft.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Call me crazy, but I'd rather not lose 7 spots in the draft.
Hawks havent exactly killed it with 1st round picks and have a lot to show for it today in the past decade. Hawks got lucky and fell into the no.3 spot to take Dach.

had Blackhawks stood pat, we would be looking very different right now as Hawks are staring down taking one of Zegras, Caulfield, or Podkolzin instead of Dach, and none of them probably sniff an NHL game until 2022

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
There are probably 26 teams that have little chance to win it all .... same as every year...... and let's not forget the shortened 2015 season.
Hockey isn't the NBA, there are more variables in the NHL than pure talent taking over. I think out of the teams that make the playoffs, only the very worst teams don't actually have a shot.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Hawks havent exactly killed it with 1st round picks and have a lot to show for it today in the past decade. Hawks got lucky and fell into the no.3 spot to take Dach.

had Blackhawks stood pat, we would be looking very different right now as Hawks are staring down taking one of Zegras, Caulfield, or Podkolzin instead of Dach, and none of them probably sniff an NHL game until 2022
?????
They lost most of their first rounders because of cap issues, not anything else. They've drafted very well in the first round over the last decade. They haven't had any stars, but a lot of 2nd and 3rd liners which is fine for where they were picking.

Danault
Teravainen
Hartman
Schmaltz
(no 1st in 2015 or 2016)
Jokiharju
Boqvist
Beaudin
Dach

How in the hell can you say they haven't drafted well? Their only miss was in 2011 with McNeill. If you want to count Hayes as a miss too, you can but there were some extenuating circumstances there that played a part in him not signing.

Forget that they traded the first 5....the talent is there with all of them, and Jokiharju got squeezed out of a really deep defenseman pool. Out of all of these players, Only Hartman isn't a 2nd liner, and the jury is still out on Boqvist/Beaudin/Dach, and early returns are promising.

Danault got traded trying to win a Cup and Teravainen/Schmaltz got traded due to cap constraints.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColbyChaos

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hockey isn't the NBA, there are more variables in the NHL than pure talent taking over. I think out of the teams that make the playoffs, only the very worst teams don't actually have a shot.
It sounds like you are arguing against yourself now. Hawks have looked really good at times this season but inconsistency is their nemesis, especially when it comes to STs.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
It sounds like you are arguing against yourself now. Hawks have looked really good at times this season but inconsistency is their nemesis, especially when it comes to STs.
I think over 70 games they proved they're not that good. If they'd have won a game vs the Blues, maybe I'd feel better but they lost every game against them. Were some of the games competitive? Yes, but that's beside the point. If on the unlikely chance the Hawks did make the final or win the Cup, most people would say they were an illegitimate winner. Does de Haan really make that big of a difference?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
42x3ak.jpg

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
?????
They lost most of their first rounders because of cap issues, not anything else. They've drafted very well in the first round over the last decade. They haven't had any stars, but a lot of 2nd and 3rd liners which is fine for where they were picking.

Danault
Teravainen
Hartman
Schmaltz
(no 1st in 2015 or 2016)
Jokiharju
Boqvist
Beaudin
Dach

How in the hell can you say they haven't drafted well? Their only miss was in 2011 with McNeill. If you want to count Hayes as a miss too, you can but there were some extenuating circumstances there that played a part in him not signing.

Forget that they traded the first 5....the talent is there with all of them, and Jokiharju got squeezed out of a really deep defenseman pool. Out of all of these players, Only Hartman isn't a 2nd liner, and the jury is still out on Boqvist/Beaudin/Dach, and early returns are promising.

Danault got traded trying to win a Cup and Teravainen/Schmaltz got traded due to cap constraints.

All of the guys you mentioned, except for Dach, were picked lower than the pick that the Hawks are likely to get with these playoffs. So you’re kind of undercutting your own argument.

What I’m seeing is you making a case that you can still get a good NHLer without a top-three pick.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
All of the guys you mentioned, except for Dach, were picked lower than the pick that the Hawks are likely to get with these playoffs. So you’re kind of undercutting your own argument.

What I’m seeing is you making a case that you can still get a good NHLer without a top-three pick.
No, my argument is that the Hawks have drafted very well over the last decade relative to where they were picking.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
No, my argument is that the Hawks have drafted very well over the last decade relative to where they were picking.

You were arguing you don’t want them in these playoffs because you want a higher pick, then you proceeded to list off guys you think are good but were picked lower than where the Hawks are likely to pick even with these playoffs.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You were arguing you don’t want them in these playoffs because you want a higher pick, then you proceeded to list off guys you think are good but were picked lower than where the Hawks are likely to pick even with these playoffs.
Without the weighted 2nd lottery it changes the equation. Also, this draft is 7 players deep and the next 10 or so are all in the same tier.

My thoughts were dependent on the lottery format and it really doesn't matter anymore. Even if they embarrass the Oilers, it doesn't change the quality of player they get much from 9 to 16.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Saad/Toews/Kubalik
Nylander/Strome/Kane
Cat/Dach/Caggiula
Highmore/Kampf/Carpenter

Extra Forwards

Hagel/Quennville/Kurashev
Entwistle Fortin Sikura

Keith/Boqvist
De Hann/Murphy
Maatta/Koekkoek

Extra D: Carlsson/Beaudin/Gilbert/ Seeler

Goalies

Crawford/Subban/Delia/Lankinen

Done for year : Seabrook Shaw & Smith

Question mark: Ian Mitchell contract will the NHL allow it to start this year.

So 28 players and unlimited goalies. They'll definitely bring in Delia then. Don't know if Lankinen is healed enough. They could bring Tomkins.

Beyond that, I can see them bringing Nilsson or Wedin over Fortin and is Tyler Sikura on a one-way contract? I thought he was on a two-way but don't see him on the non-rostered list on Cap Friendly. I would bring T. Sikura over Fortin who has just 17 points in Rockford in 44 games.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
So 28 players and unlimited goalies. They'll definitely bring in Delia then. Don't know if Lankinen is healed enough.
They could bring Tomkins.

Beyond that, I can see them bringing
Nilsson or Wedin over Fortin and is Tyler Sikura on a one-way contract? I thought he was on a two-way but
don't see him on the non-rostered list on Cap Friendly. I would bring T. Sikura over Fortin who has just 17
points in Rockford in 44 games.

I was just naming guys who I would consider, have no clue what the roster limit would be. I forgot Lankinen underwent surgery. So if unlimited goalies tompkins slots into number 4.
Nilsson and Wedin both make sense considering they are still under contract, but with them heading overseas next season I would just make a clean break with them.
Tyler Sikura is on a Ahl deal. Fortin I'll admit I'm a fan of but no big deal either way.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
League still not allowing prospects who signed split contracts. Bill daly called them ringers for whatever reason. A f***ing joke if they go through with it.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I was just naming guys who I would consider, have no clue what the roster limit would be. I forgot Lankinen underwent surgery. So if unlimited goalies tompkins slots into number 4.
Nilsson and Wedin both make sense considering they are still under contract, but with them heading overseas next season I would just make a clean break with them.
Tyler Sikura is on a Ahl deal. Fortin I'll admit I'm a fan of but no big deal either way.

Well, you hit on exactly 28 which is how many they'll be allowed to have on the roster.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->