Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season - Mac Jones Traded to Jacksonville - QB Jacoby Brissett signs 1-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
McCarthy has a MUCH bigger arm than Jones, and he's far more athletic.

A player-for-player trade?

Are those even allowed?

Falcons have some skill players. Wouldn't shocked if they went WR at 8ov either.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Eliot Wolf’s Packers way is killing it in second round WR (Greg Jennings 2/52; Jordy Nelson 2/36, DeVante Adams)

Their QB Aaron Rogers always bitched they didn’t get him a WR in the first - yet they were crushing it

Hey, conspiracy boy - try being a Patriots QB. Their second rounders WR were or about to be Uber busts

Also I second round cap hit if 1.78 M

It’s a loaded group this year

Aiyuk I love but he’s going to be 20 M which is insane when you can hit on 34

That’s where I go at 2

Curtis Samuel would have been a target for me - had him in Fantasy which results in watching him and paying attention

Super underrated- I’d grab him

I actually like his value over Ridley he can stretch field

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Never forget Deebo Samuel WANTING to be a Patriot. Thinking the Patriots were gonna pick him. And they didn't.

Oh it pisses me off still.

Reactions: bbfan419

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Everyone is so on to Aaron Rodgers bullshit that they can all see he was trying to be clever with his statement today. Mealy mouthed f***. I wish much :redacted: on him.
Glad people aren't falling for his obvious pr driven bs. I hope the families sue the shit out of him tbh.

Reactions: EverettMike

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Aiyuk is the guy I'd want.

I've had him on my fantasy teams for 3 years consecutively, and have watched him a lot. In particular, he's really come into his own this year and is poised to be a superstar #1 guy, especially when he can be a target hog amongst a poor receiving core (New England).

For Maye, the only concern (and I am totally reliant on former QBs telling me how to think) is Kurt Warner's breakdown of Maye's mental game.

Daniels concerns me due to his running style. The highlights I've seen show a North/South sort of running style where his straight line speed is incredible, but if he gets lined up by a DB he gets croaked. This seems to happen a lot. He's not really as shifty (IMO) as other running QBs I've seen. If he can stay durable, he might be something special, though.
Aiyuk is a stud certainly as a 2 WR and third option

I just don’t want to give up what SF wants

Rather grab one of the cheap prospects

If Aiyuk was final piece and not FIRST then I’d think differently

I’m a round 1 (D anywhere and OL offense)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Never forget Deebo Samuel WANTING to be a Patriot. Thinking the Patriots were gonna pick him. And they didn't.

Oh it pisses me off still.
don’t blame the scouts they gave Bill three names

Deebo
AJ Brown
DK Metcalf

They told him DK can be a bit of a diva but most natural talent

Belichick looked at list moved finger over across page and said what about this guy

N’Keal Harry - Coach very good FOB sold him on him

He needs a CB in 2022 and instead of picking McDuffie who every mock had him and Zion Johnson going to Patriots IF THERE- he trades the current pro bowler to his buddy Andy Reid who snatched him & with later pick in round 1 takes Strange

Belichick WAS great but every pitcher from Bob Feller to Nolan Ryan eventually lost their fastball

Al Davis ruled the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s for the Raiders

In the end he was dressing like Elvis and holding a stop watch drafting the fastest WR like it was 1967 and all the CB were slow white guys

The Patriots need to do it right and that means maybe a couple of 4 win seasons

Don’t listen to The Beef Brothers or Felgy or Tommy from Taunton

Draft & develop and don’t go off freakin script

What did DeAndre Hopkins ever win in Houston?

Andre Johnson?

Calvin Johnson?

You pick a QB at #3 and you keep swinging until you hit, you don't build a team through WR at that spot.
If we had a Maye or Daniels already I would take MHJ

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
MHJ is so obviously the right pick over which ever QB is left at 3. Especially when they could still get an ok QB prospect in the 2nd.
Pats would be taking a big chance that there is a decent QB left in round 2. There is a high probability that there are 6 QB's taken in round one. I would rather take a QB at 3 and get a good WR that can start next year in round 2, or trade down with the Giants or Denver and get more draft capital / including a first rounder in 2025. There will be a QB available at 6 or 12 / if Nabers slips to 6 I would grab him, then trade our second round pick and other picks we get in the trade and get another first rounder, if Nix or Penix is still around. Coming out of the draft with Penix and Nabers on Day 1 would be huge.

Reactions: GatorMike and CDJ

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
If they go QB at 3, I want them to grab Keon Coleman for WR. Big guy at 6'4 215, good speed (not great), really good hands, makes traffic catches and is a YAC machine. The question is will he be there at 34

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
What did DeAndre Hopkins ever win in Houston?

Andre Johnson?

Calvin Johnson?

You pick a QB at #3 and you keep swinging until you hit, you don't build a team through WR at that spot.
That's working out so well for the Jets.

Only 3 QBs taken as a top 3 pick have won a Super Bowl in the new millennium. The two Manning bros and Stafford.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
justin fields is so bad they probably can’t give him away, hope he has a chance to compete in the xfl

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
If they go QB at 3, I want them to grab Keon Coleman for WR. Big guy at 6'4 215, good speed (not great), really good hands, makes traffic catches and is a YAC machine. The question is will he be there at 34
I highly doubt he is there at 34, we would need to move up. Xavier Worthy's 40 time at the combine has probably moved him into the first round as well.
I think on day two we have a pick of one of Roman Wilson / Johnny WIlson / Ricky Pearsall

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Aiyuk is a stud certainly as a 2 WR and third option

I just don’t want to give up what SF wants

Rather grab one of the cheap prospects

If Aiyuk was final piece and not FIRST then I’d think differently

I’m a round 1 (D anywhere and OL offense)
SFran would be crazy to trade him.
They are in a win mode now.
He is way better than Kittle and Deebo, is younger, more durable. Back to Back 1000 yds +++ receiving, he would be our #1 WR.
However, I am not giving up a first round pick for him.
If he stays heathly he will get more money than Ridley's deal next year.
Let's get the QB we need this year then throw the cash at him next year...will cost us nothing but money.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
SFran would be crazy to trade him.
They are in a win mode now.
He is way better than Kittle and Deebo, is younger, more durable. Back to Back 1000 yds +++ receiving, he would be our #1 WR.
However, I am not giving up a first round pick for him.
If he stays heathly he will get more money than Ridley's deal next year.
Let's get the QB we need this year then throw the cash at him next year...will cost us nothing but money.
Boom

Excellent post

Get the QB in round 1

Take a WR in round 2

And as you said go after him next off season

they do have targets as both TE and the backs can catch passes

Lot can happen first game is in about 6 months

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was meh on Calvin Ridley but around half that I would have gone after Curtis Samuel

He was my favorite target but good news is I can still see him at Foxboro with the Bills

Guys a football player - Ridley have me money vibes

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Give me one of the top WRs at 3 or slight trade down and I would take a shot with Rattler on day 2. I know he’s 6’1 but there is a lot to like there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad